Your goal is to express warm feelings of care and concern.
- Express your regret that the person is ill or injured.
- Communicate your sincere concern and reassure the reader of your support.
- Indicate your hope and assurance that the person will get well soon.
- If desired, you could express your sincere appreciation to the person for being a good friend, trusted colleague, kind neighbor, positive role model, or the like.
- If appropriate, mention that the person is missed. You might also mention specific things you miss about the person, such as his/her warm sense of humor or his/her habit of bringing office treats to weekly meetings.
- Close your letter by reiterating your hope that the reader will have a speedy recovery.
Get-Well Letter Tips:
- Overall your letters should express genuine feelings of care and concern.
- Be positive when writing this letter.
- You might want to include humorous anecdotes or good news that will cheer the reader.
- When writing to a child, be particularly upbeat and positive. Don’t include anything in your letter that might cause the child undue concern, and don’t dwell on the illness or disease.
- If you have included a gift with your letter, briefly mention it.
- If desired, you could mention that the person is in your thoughts and prayers.
- Be sure to write this letter in a timely manner. Don't procrastinate!
Wish you could write letters like a pro?
Now you can with 4,001 Business, Sales & Personal Letters
- Find a get-well letter that fits your needs and copy it directly into Microsoft Word or your favorite word processor.
- Or let our letter recipes guide you step-by-step through the writing process, suggesting sample phrases and sentences for each writing step. In minutes, you can write an effective get-well letter.
- Print your get-well letter and send it!
With 4,001 Business, Sales & Personal Letters you'll get sample get-well letters for each of these topics:
Plus sample letters for each of these related topics and more:
Try our Letter-Writing Templates Risk Free for 30 Days