- Specifically state what it is that you are applying for or interested in applying for (e.g., the position, appointment, student or other visa, extension on a deadline, loan, credit card, etc.).
- Identify the reason that you are applying. Be as specific as possible.
- Give the reasons that you feel you merit or qualify for the position or object/thing you are applying for, if applicable (e.g., your goals, experience, qualifications or accomplishments, positive traits, and so forth).
- Identify what you hope to accomplish by sending your letter and the action you would like the recipient to take.
- Indicate the date by which you would like a response to your letter or by which you would like the action to be taken.
- Refer to any other documents you have included with your letter, such as application or other forms, letters of recommendation, resume, examples of your work, etc.
- Include a request for any information you would like to be sent, if applicable.
- Include your contact information, such as e-mail address or phone number where you can most easily be reached and the time(s) when you available for calls, etc.
- Close your letter by sincerely thanking the person for his/her time or for any assistance he/she can give you.
Try our Letter-Template Software Risk Free for 30-Days When You Buy at WriteExpress.com
If You’re Not Satisfied Return it for a Full Refund
1 $19.99 value free with purchase of our software for Windows (not Macintosh)
2 Free with purchase of our software for Windows (not Macintosh)