Although you will often accept a job offer in person, it is a good gesture and a wise practice to formalize it with a letter.
1. Begin by expressing your pleasure in accepting the offer, and your confidence in being able to do the job.
- I was very happy to receive your e-mail inviting me to join your firm and will sign and return the contract as soon as it arrives. I am eager to use my skills to produce faster computer programs.
- I am delighted to accept your generous offer to join the staff of Doe Associates.
- Thank you for the job offer. Having met with the staff, I feel that I will be able to fit right in.
- This letter will serve as my formal acceptance of your offer to join the Doe College faculty. I accept the conditions of employment and look forward to this opportunity for professional growth and service.
- I eagerly anticipate my starting date, especially since your firm has such a great reputation.
- Thank you for offering me a position in your development group. I look forward to working on the new Doe project.
- I am very pleased to accept a position as an instructor in your English Language Center and look forward to using the full spectrum of my graduate training.
- It is with pleasure that I accept your offer to be a sales representative for Doe Cosmetics. I have used your products for many years and feel I can represent the company with confidence.
- I am please to accept your offer of a position as personnel office manager, effective June 1. I am aware of how many applicants you considered for the position and am eager to prove that you made the right choice.
- I am delighted to accept your offer, and I will look forward to the training session at noon on July 14.
- Thank you for the pleasant visit last Friday. I am pleased to accept your offer to join Doe Accounting as a junior accountant, and I plan to meet your high expectations.
- Thank you for the confidence you are placing in me. I will do all I can to exceed your expectations.
- accept the conditions of employment
- happy to receive your offer
- confidence you are placing in me
- delighted to accept your offer
- eager to use my skills
- feel that I will be able to
- for the job offer
- for offering me a position
- great opportunity for
- inviting me to join your
- join the staff of
- look forward to working on
- look forward with eagerness
- meet your high expectations
- pleased to accept your
- professional growth and service
- represent the company with confidence
- thank you for
- this letter serves as my formal acceptance
- using my graduate training
- very pleased to accept
- will sign and return the contract
- will do all I can to
- will be an honor for me
- will look forward to
- your offer of a position as
2. Confirm the relevant details of the agreement such as salary, starting date, or special arrangements.
- I have already begun to ship my household goods and plan to arrive on August 14. As agreed, I will meet you in your office at 3:30 p.m. on August 15.
- I understand and accept the conditions of employment as outlined in your recent letter.
- I have submitted my resignation with the understanding that I will leave at the end of the current semester, so I should have ample time to relocate my family and be ready for workshops by August 25.
- As you requested, I will report to the personnel office at 8:00 a.m. Monday to receive my initial briefing.
- The $27,000 salary for my first year is acceptable. I will be able to start on June 1, immediately following graduation.
- I accept your offer of $20,000 plus commissions for my first year with the understanding that if my sales exceed $100,000, I will qualify for a three percent bonus.
- As agreed in our last meeting, the salary offer in the contract is acceptable, and the university will pay my moving expenses up to $3,000.
- accept your salary offer
- as we discussed
- as agreed, I will
- as outlined in your
- as stipulated in the contract
- for my first year
- have submitted my
- immediately following graduation
- plan to arrive on
- receive my initial briefing
- salary offer is acceptable
- should have ample time to
- understand from your letter
- understand and accept the conditions
- will report to the personnel office on
- will report for work at
- will be ready for
- will be able to start on
- will pay moving expenses up to
- with the understanding that
3. If appropriate, indicate how you will make your next contact.
- I will report for work at 8:00 a.m. on Monday. I want to hit the ground running.
- I will contact the personnel office to complete the remaining paperwork and schedule my physical examination for insurance coverage by October 15. I would appreciate receiving any reading material that might help me prepare for the position before that time.
- As you requested, I will call you when I arrive in town on Saturday. I am anxious to begin work on Monday.
- I am eager to begin work as soon as possible. You can expect me at the office at 9:00 a.m. sharp on Friday.
- Thank you for your phone call. I am sending you a fax this morning with detailed information about my family's housing needs.
- I will call your office as soon as I arrive in town on Wednesday. Before then, you may leave messages for me at 555-5555. I will check for messages each night.
- I will arrive in Springfield a few days ahead of my family, and will attend the orientation on August 27.
- Unless I hear from you by May 15, I will report to your office on May 21.
- arrive in Springfield on
- as you requested
- as we arranged
- as soon as I arrive
- be available for
- be at the office by
- call you to
- call you when I arrive
- call your office
- can reach me at
- check for messages each night
- complete the remaining paperwork
- confirm my arrival time
- contact the personnel office
- may leave a message for me at
- please send me information about
- report directly to
- report at your office on
- schedule the necessary appointments by
- unless I hear from you by
- would appreciate receiving
4. Reaffirm your interest or appreciation.
- I look forward to getting started.
- I appreciate all the help that you and your staff have given me in this hiring process.
- I am eager to begin work as soon as possible.
- Thank you for your confidence. I am anxious to begin work.
- I am looking forward to helping you make a difference.
- Thank you again for this exciting opportunity. I am anxious to begin work.
- Thank you for the confidence you have placed in me.
- am eagerly anticipating
- am anxious to begin
- appreciate all the
- as soon as possible
- during this hiring process
- eager to start work
- exceed your expectations
- for this exciting opportunity
- for offering me this
- for the confidence you have shown
- helping you make a difference
- look forward to
- meet your expectations
- my starting date
- thank you for
- the help that you and your staff have given me
- want to hit the ground running
- will be happy to serve
- with such a great firm
Try our Letter-Template Software Risk Free for 30-Days When You Buy at WriteExpress.com
If You’re Not Satisfied Return it for a Full Refund
1 $19.99 value free with purchase of our software for Windows (not Macintosh)
2 Free with purchase of our software for Windows (not Macintosh)