Offer a polite, appreciative response that helps clarify what is expected of you. Be sure you have a clear definition of your role from the outset to avoid misunderstandings later.
1. Graciously express your willingness to serve.
- Thank you for your kindness in requesting that I serve as honorary chair for the Doe fund raiser. I will be happy to serve.
- Thank you for the confidence you have shown in me by requesting that I be an honorary board member. I will be honored to lend my name and support to your effort.
- I am delighted to help by being an honorary member of the Doe Society.
- Thank you for thinking of me. I will be happy to lend my name to such a worthwhile cause.
- As a matter of principle, I rarely lend my name in support of social causes; but in this case, I can see how much good we can accomplish. I will be happy to be your honorary president for campaign 2000.
- Your confidence in me to help your cause is touching. It will be an honor for me to be your honorary chair.
- I am honored that you selected me to be the Grand Marshal for the Springfield Festival parade.
- accept your offer
- am delighted to
- am honored to be
- for the confidence you have shown in me
- for thinking of me
- for your kindness in requesting
- how much good can be accomplished
- it will be a pleasure to
- lend my name and support to
- serve as honorary chair of
- such a wonderful reputation for
- such a worthwhile cause
- support your organization
- thank you for
- the confidence you are placing in me
- this exciting opportunity
- to help your cause
- to get involved in
- to accept your
- to assist you
- will be happy to
- will be honored
- will be an honor for me
- your request that
2. Confirm that the position is honorary and that the organization will not require your personal involvement.
- I understand from your letter that I need not attend the meetings, only the telethon.
- Because of other commitments, I need to know that you will not expect my personal appearance.
- Although I would normally enjoy being closely involved in the campaign, I trust you understand that I will not be available to participate in person. However, I will be happy to sign the fundraising letters.
- Although I will not be able to be involved personally, I hope my nominal contribution will help.
- Since my involvement is honorary and does not require activity on my part, I will consent in spite of my heavy schedule.
- In accepting your invitation, I understand that the organization will not request me to travel or attend the meetings.
- I understand that my only duty is to ride in the 4th of July parade.
- because of other commitments
- does not require me to
- hope my nominal contribution will
- my only duty will be to
- my personal appearance will not be necessary
- need to know that
- participate in person in
- personal involvement will be limited to
- plan to attend only the
- since my involvement is honorary
- trust you understand that
- understand that the organization will not request
- understand from your letter
- will, of course, be happy to
- will not be necessary for me to
- will not be available to
- will not be able to
- will participate only in the
- will not expect me to
3. Express your own interest in and support for the goals, activities, or aspirations of the organization making the request.
- I have personally seen the results of your activities, so I come on board without hesitation.
- I know that the Doe fund raiser has always been a major source of revenue for community causes. I am glad to contribute in my small way.
- I have a special interest in your work, and would like to receive more information on your activities and accomplishments during the past year.
- Since my name will be identified with your cause, it would be helpful to have vital information at my fingertips to share with others when questions arise.
- With organizations like yours contributing so much to our school, we can all take heart that the future will be better for our kids.
- I know you have earned broad support in the community, and you may rest assured that I am solidly behind your efforts.
- additional information on
- am solidly behind your efforts to
- can all take heart
- contributing so much to
- earned broad support in the community
- glad to contribute to
- happy to identify with
- has always been a
- have personally seen
- have a special interest in
- know that you have
- major source of revenue for
- making a real difference
- may rest assured that
- pleased to come on board
- the results of your activities
- to relieve the plight of
- very near to my heart
- when questions arise
- with organizations like yours
- working for a better future
- would like to receive
- your significant accomplishments
4. Express a wish for the organization's future success.
- Please accept my best wishes for continued success.
- You deserve all the success that comes your way.
- I hope your fund raiser exceeds your expectations.
- I wish you the very best in this endeavor.
- Best wishes in all your caring and doing.
- I wish you every success. You deserve it.
- With your good organization linked to just causes, I feel confident you will succeed admirably.
- deserve every success
- even further success
- ever-increasing success in
- exceeds your expectations
- feel confident that
- for continued success
- helping you make a difference
- hope that your fund raiser
- in this endeavor
- in all you do
- in your work for this excellent cause
- keep up the good work
- look forward to
- my best wishes for
- please accept my
- that comes your way
- the best of luck to you
- will succeed admirably
- wish you well
- wish you every success
- wish you the very best
Try our Letter-Template Software Risk Free for 30-Days When You Buy at WriteExpress.com
If You’re Not Satisfied Return it for a Full Refund
1 $19.99 value free with purchase of our software for Windows (not Macintosh)
2 Free with purchase of our software for Windows (not Macintosh)