Your response should assure the sender that you have received the resume and that you will consider it carefully.
1. As you confirm that you have received the resume or letter, express appreciation for the applicant's interest.
- We have received your letter and resume expressing interest in working for Doe Pharmaceuticals.
- Thank you for your interest in the teaching position we announced in the newsletter last week.
- We appreciate your interest in Doe Construction, and will study your resume carefully.
- Thank you for submitting your resume in response to our announcement in the placement bulletin.
- The response to our announcement has been overwhelming. Thank you for sharing your resume with us.
- Thank you for sending us your resume.
- Thank you for sending us the information regarding your background and experience.
- We were delighted to receive your letter and resume yesterday afternoon.
- We appreciate your promptness in mailing us a copy of your resume.
- appreciate your promptness in
- appreciate your interest in
- for sending us your resume
- for submitting your resume
- for your interest in
- have received your resume
- in the position that we announced
- in affiliating yourself with
- in response to our
- in submitting your
- in the position of
- in the opening with
- in working for
- in the position that we posted
- outlining your training and work experience
- thank you for
- were pleased to receive
2. Explain what you will do with the resume, whether you will keep it on file, pass it on to a specific person, or discuss it with someone.
- I would like to schedule an interview with you to discuss your qualifications in more detail. Please call my secretary to set up an appointment.
- Unfortunately, we do not have any openings at this time; however, we will keep your resume on file and contact you as soon as an opportunity arises.
- Our hiring committee will review all of the resumes we receive and will invite those applicants who appear to fit our needs to interviews next week.
- We have filled the position, but will keep your resume on file.
- We are scheduling interviews for next Saturday, June 5. We hope you will be able to meet with us then. My secretary will call to arrange an appointment.
- After the deadline for submitting resumes, we will interview the candidates whose qualifications most closely match our needs. Our secretary will call to set up appointments with those candidates.
- Since we do not anticipate any openings for several months, I am taking the liberty of sharing your resume with the manager of our subsidiary, who may be interested in your qualifications. If she has an opening, she will call you for an interview next week.
- I am enclosing a standard application form for you to fill out and return at your earliest convenience. After we receive your application, we will contact you as soon as we have an opening.
- Please fill out the enclosed application form and return it as soon as possible. After I receive it I will be able to set up an interview with the directors.
- after the deadline for
- after we receive your application
- am enclosing an application form
- are currently reviewing all resumes
- as soon as we have an opening
- as soon as possible
- at your earliest convenience
- do not anticipate any openings for
- do not have any openings
- have filled the position
- our hiring committee will meet
- please fill out the enclosed
- to discuss your resume
- when your application file is complete
- when a position becomes available
- whose background and training are
- whose qualifications most closely match the job requirements
- will keep your resume on file
- will contact you
- will review all the resumes we receive
- will then schedule an interview
- will call you as soon as
- will be reviewed
- will interview those candidates
- will invite those applicants
- will consider your resume
3. Close with an expression of good will.
- We appreciate being able to review your background and work experience.
- Thank you for your interest in Does.
- I look forward to meeting you.
- You should hear from us within two weeks.
- We appreciate your interest in being affiliated with our company.
- Thank you for sending us this information for our action.
- appreciate your interest in
- best wishes for
- can expect to hear from us by
- in all your endeavors
- in your job search
- in being affiliated with our company
- look forward to
- new positions will be available
- remain in touch
- thank you for
- to reviewing your resume
- to a new hiring season
- will contact you as soon as
- will be pleased to inform you if
- wish you success in
- wish you all the best in
Try our Letter-Template Software Risk Free for 30-Days When You Buy at WriteExpress.com
If You’re Not Satisfied Return it for a Full Refund
1 $19.99 value free with purchase of our software for Windows (not Macintosh)
2 Free with purchase of our software for Windows (not Macintosh)