This letter delivers unwelcome news, so you should soften the blow by showing how the change is justified and that you appreciate the customer's understanding. This is a good time to express how important customer satisfaction is to you.
1. Announce the price increase, but try to soften the blow to the customer.
- In our continuing attempts to provide the best service possible, we have installed a high-speed multicolor press. This new capability is forcing us to increase prices by 5%, effective June 15. I have enclosed an updated price list. Orders received before that date will be filled at current prices.
- As you know, we have made every effort to avoid price increases, even though the price of raw materials has gone up. With this last increase, however, we must raise the price of prefabricated sheds by 10%. This increase will affect all newly constructed sheds beginning June 15. Present inventory will be sold at current prices.
- As a consequence of escalating oil prices, we must raise the price of all plastic plumbing products 8% at the beginning of the new year. We regret having to take this action and hope to be able to return to earlier prices when oil costs stabilize.
- Effective June 15, the price of all Doe soft drinks will increase five cents per unit. We have tried to avoid the increase, but the rising cost of sweeteners forces us to do so now.
- The harsh weather in California has produced severe shortages of green vegetables, causing our prices to go up 20%. We trust that this is a temporary condition and that we can return to lower prices with the next harvest.
- a modest rate increase
- a price increase on
- additional operating expenses
- advance notice
- along with the increased price of
- are always reluctant to raise prices
- effective immediately
- has forced us to
- have enclosed an updated price list
- have found it necessary to adjust
- hourly rate increase of
- in order to continue to
- increase will affect
- increased prices from our suppliers
- increased price of raw materials
- is only fair to warn you
- is forcing us to
- keep prices as low as possible
- keep our prices competitive
- may be more increases in near future
- offering the highest quality
- our continuing attempts to
- price increases from almost every supplier
- prices will increase
- prices on the following items
- proposed changes in fee structure
- rapid rise in labor and operating costs
- the good news is
- this price adjustment
- to put this increase in perspective,
- to keep the price as low as possible
- to provide the best service possible
- to produce a high-quality product
- to increase our prices by
- will be filled at current prices
- will discuss the proposed increase
- will guarantee shipment at the old prices
2. Express good will and appreciation.
- We appreciate your understanding and are confident that you will find the enhanced quality of our printing to be worth the increase.
- We value you as a customer and hope to meet your needs for years to come.
- Thank you for your understanding patronage during this market fluctuation. We will inform you immediately of any future changes.
- Thank you for buying Doe drinks. We trust you agree that these beverages are still a wonderful bargain.
- We will do our best to work with growers who can produce high quality produce at reasonable prices.
- appreciate your understanding
- appreciate your continuing patronage
- appreciate the opportunity to
- are confident that you will find
- are still a wonderful bargain
- cater to the discriminating customer
- continue to enjoy our volume discounts
- finest quality available
- have been a loyal customer
- hope to continue to
- is a pleasure to serve you
- keep our service impeccable
- thank you for
- this market fluctuation
- to keep prices reasonable
- trust you will agree that
- value your business
- value you as a customer
- well worth the increase
- will do our best to
Try our Letter-Template Software Risk Free for 30-Days When You Buy at WriteExpress.com
If You’re Not Satisfied Return it for a Full Refund
1 $19.99 value free with purchase of our software for Windows (not Macintosh)
2 Free with purchase of our software for Windows (not Macintosh)