This announcement not only communicates useful information about the retirement to other employees, but it builds good will among all concerned. Try to include those items that the person who is retiring feels are his or her major contributions.
1. State the name of the person who is retiring and when the retirement will take place.
- It is with regret that I announce that John Doe will retire on June 1.
- After more than 25 years of devoted service, Jane Doe will retire from Doe Associates this month. We will miss her.
- Please join me in wishing Jane Doe a very happy and rewarding retirement. She has decided to take this giant step on June 1.
- John Doe has made it official. He will retire at the end of this semester.
- It is with personal regret that I announce the forthcoming retirement of our friend and colleague, John Doe, effective June 1.
- accompany my announcement that
- after more than
- has provided us with devoted service for
- has officially announced that
- has decided to retire
- imminent departure
- is planning to retire on
- is retiring from the company on
- it is with mixed emotions that
- join me in wishing the best to
- news brings both sadness and joy
- sorry to see her go
- the forthcoming retirement of
- we will miss her
- he/she will retire, effective
- we will sorely miss
- he/she will retire from
- with personal regret I announce
- years of devoted service
2. Give a brief history of the person's employment, highlighting specific accomplishments and contributions.
- John's career with Doe Associates has truly been remarkable. He began as a courier and rose to the office of vice president. He has been responsible for skillful negotiations with labor unions that have benefited workers and kept our company strike free. He has been a friend to all, and we will miss him.
- Jane has worked in nearly every division of the company, but she is probably best known for her work with international markets. Under her direction, our sales abroad have risen steadily for the past 10 years, a significant accomplishment in today's market. She now plans to spend some well-deserved vacation time in some of those international areas.
- Beth joined our company in 1975 when we were in our fledgling years. As we grew, she took on additional responsibilities and became our first full-time operations manager. Her years of experience and technical know-how will be sorely missed. We will also miss those occasional brownie treats.
- We were fortunate to get John to join our company in 1978 when we needed a marketing expert. He proved to be exactly the right person at the right time--and the rest is history. We all owe a great deal to him for helping us get where we are today.
- John's innovative marketing strategies over the past 15 years have made him somewhat of a maverick in today's society, but they have served us very well. Throughout his career we have been able to expect creative campaigns like the one last June that won him an award from the advertising council. His kind of creativity is a rare commodity. We will miss him.
- a significant accomplishment
- began as a
- career has been a remarkable one
- competent and dedicated
- dedicated service
- hard work and outstanding talents
- has worked in nearly every division
- has served us very well
- has been responsible for
- has been a friend to all
- have felt ourselves fortunate
- now plans to
- owe a great deal to her
- probably best known for
- right person at the right time
- rose to the position of
- technical know-how
- took on additional responsibilities
- totally reliable
- unparalleled expertise
- unswerving determination
- will surely miss him
- worked closely with
- years of experience
3. If appropriate, announce any event that will honor his or her retirement.
- There will be a retirement reception in the conference room Friday afternoon from 3:00 to 5:00. We invite all employees to express their good wishes to John at that time.
- We will have a dinner in honor of our colleague Friday at 7:00 p.m. in the Springfield Art Museum. Please RSVP to John's secretary at 555-5555.
- We invite you to attend a backyard barbecue celebrating this event Saturday evening beginning at 6:00 p.m. Bring your swimsuit. John wants you to enjoy his new pool.
- Most of Jane's family will be in town for a special retirement dinner to be held at the Doe Steak House. She would like to include friends. Call Beth at 555-5555 for details.
- John has decided to celebrate his big plunge into retirement with his first bungee jump from the new tower in North Springfield. Anyone interested in joining him is welcome to give him a call at 555-5555. Who said retirement has to be dull?
- a retirement reception
- a retirement luncheon
- a dinner in his honor
- attend a farewell reception
- has decided to celebrate by
- in honor of our colleague
- in the conference room
- in the staff lounge
- invite all employees
- invite you to
- invites all her colleagues
- join me in wishing
- join us in the
- please RSVP to
- show our appreciation by
- the retirement tribute
- to attend a
- to wish her farewell
- to express their good wishes
- will meet at
4. Close with good wishes for the future.
- Our warmest wishes go with him.
- We will miss her efficiency and good humor. We wish her a great retirement!
- I am sure you will join with me in wishing Jane a long and wonderful retirement.
- John deserves a rest from this hectic pace. We hope he will enjoy many good days on the golf course.
- We hope he is blessed with many wonderful experiences and wish him the best in all his plans.
- a much-deserved rest
- a wonderful retirement
- all those travel plans
- best wishes go with him
- deserves a rest from
- good health and happiness
- have a great retirement
- hope she will be blessed with
- hope he will enjoy
- it is going to be difficult not seeing
- long and happy retirement
- many wonderful experiences
- many happy memories of
- resting is not in his immediate plans
- sure you join with me in
- well-deserved rest and recreation
- will all miss his
- wish him the best
- wishes for a happy, healthy future
- wishing her many rewarding experiences
Try our Letter-Template Software Risk Free for 30-Days When You Buy at WriteExpress.com
If You’re Not Satisfied Return it for a Full Refund
1 $19.99 value free with purchase of our software for Windows (not Macintosh)
2 Free with purchase of our software for Windows (not Macintosh)