Be sure to communicate exactly what you want. Giving precise instructions now may save a lot of correcting later.
1. Explain the authorization, identifying the specific study or report.
- The Chamber of Commerce has authorized me to commission you and your associates to conduct a study on the impact of the recent influx of out-of-state residents on the local economy.
- I would like you to determine what impact using English-only labeling on our packages would have on our sales in foreign markets.
- The school board has authorized you to begin the research on different educational models that you proposed in our last meeting.
- We would like you to conduct a study on how we can improve the usability of our new software package. We hope your study will result in helpful recommendations.
- The board of directors has asked that you provide an environmental impact statement to accompany our proposal for expansion.
- a study investigating the
- according to our previous
- authorize your firm to
- authorizes you to prepare a report on
- begin a study on
- commission you to
- conduct a research project
- criteria are as follows
- focus primarily on
- has authorized you to
- in accordance with
- may begin your study of
- may commence research into
- need to take the following steps
- please do some research on
- prepare a report on
- report on your findings
- request that you
- scope of the study should include
- should include the following
- study needs to include
- study the impact of
- the research requires
- the requirements discussed in
- to conduct a study on
- to do an analysis of
- with the understanding that
- would like you to determine
- your research should investigate
2. Explain any special restrictions or circumstances pertaining to the study, including previous research, corporate or civic policies, and deadlines.
- We ask that you submit your findings no later than July 18, 2002.
- I will need regular updates on your progress in order to report to the board. I recognize that this kind of research could take at least a year, so I don't expect a full report until the end of April next year. To help you get started, I am sending you the results of some preliminary research that John Doe did last summer.
- We will need a full report of your findings by August 17 of this year. As you will be representing our corporation, we have included a company policy manual for your review. We trust that you will work with our clients according to the guidelines set down in the manual.
- I have included copies of other proposals under consideration. I would like you to evaluate each on the basis of environmental impact, especially with regard to the local bird population. As you know, this is a very hot topic with conservationist groups. Please have the report ready by September 3 of this year.
- We need a better understanding of how the public perceives our products. To begin with, we want you to identify which electronics firm the public perceives to be the leader in the industry, and why they feel that way. We would like you to submit your report no later than May 3, 2002.
- accounts of previous research into
- bear in mind that
- company policy is to
- especially with regard to
- evaluate each on the basis of
- expect a full report by
- have your report ready by
- hope to learn why
- identify the public perception of
- included are copies of
- need a better understanding of
- parameters of the study are
- pay special attention to
- recognize that the
- report your findings to
- request interim reports
- research could take up to
- should include this factor in your analysis
- submit your findings no later than
- the following restrictions apply to
- to help you get started
- will probably need to correct for
- will need to do some preliminary research
- will need regular updates on
- will provide you with
- will need a full report by
- work according to these guidelines
3. Close on a positive note, leaving lines of communication open.
- We look forward to hearing from you.
- Please feel free to give me a call if you have any questions regarding our expectations or if you have any problems.
- Good luck.
- I will look forward to a monthly report of your progress.
- Please let us know when you have something to share.
- I look forward to working with you.
- am sure you will enjoy
- appreciate your interest in
- feel free to call
- for your cooperation
- for proposing this
- for suggesting this
- has done some work in this area
- hope you will enjoy this
- if you have any problems
- if you have any questions or concerns
- keep me informed
- keep up the good work
- look forward to
- may be able to advise
- may wish to contact
- please let us know
- should probably discuss this with
- thank you for
- to reading your report
- to discussing your findings
- to seeing your preliminary results
- to seeing your results
- will be most interested to
Try our Letter-Template Software Risk Free for 30-Days When You Buy at WriteExpress.com
If You’re Not Satisfied Return it for a Full Refund
1 $19.99 value free with purchase of our software for Windows (not Macintosh)
2 Free with purchase of our software for Windows (not Macintosh)