In a courteous tone, carefully explain that you are canceling your contract. You need not give the reader all of the particulars concerning the circumstances causing the cancellation, but you should provide a brief explanation.
1. Announce your intention to cancel your contract and give a brief explanation.
- Although we have enjoyed your services over the past year, we must cancel our contract because we have decided to open our own accounting department within the company.
- Our corporate office has announced that we must work within a smaller budget this year. I regret that I must cut costs by canceling our service contract.
- I have no choice but to cancel our service contract. After three serious discussions, your workers still have not provided adequate service.
- I received your work today. Although it is very good, I cannot use it because it arrived two weeks past the deadline. I had to accept someone else's work at the last minute. Under the circumstances, I must cancel our service contract.
- I have appreciated your excellent service for the past two years, but the company has now purchased its own equipment. Hence, we will not be carrying our service contract beyond June.
- Although we have appreciated your work, we must cancel our contract because the return has not equaled the cost of the advertisements.
- although your service has been
- am left with no choice but to
- are cutting costs
- has been unsatisfactory
- have decided to
- have not been able to
- have failed to provide
- have appreciated your
- is not cost effective
- is not working out
- more appropriate for our needs
- must cancel our
- permit our contract to lapse
- regret that I must
- under the circumstances
- will not be renewing our
- will be providing our
- will no longer be
- will take care of this in-house
- will be more cost effective to
2. Provide information to help your reader cancel the correct contract, such as your full name, account number, or address.
- My account number is 123.
- I have enclosed a copy of my last billing statement.
- My full name is John Doe, and my account number is 123.
- My service contract is under the name of John Doe.
- My contract identification number is 123.
- Our contract starting date was May 10, this year, and the account number is 123.
- a copy of my last billing statement
- a check in the amount of
- account number is
- account is in the name of
- account was established on
- contract number is
- have enclosed a
- is paid up to date
- my full name is
- please find enclosed
- please note that
- send the final bill to
- take immediate effect
- the service address is
- the starting date was
- the attached copy of
- to pay off the outstanding balance
3. If you are canceling the contract on good terms, make a positive remark about the services you received.
- I want to compliment you on your excellent service.
- Your service has always been prompt and efficient, and we have enjoyed working with you.
- We have always been pleased with your expertise. Thank you for your help.
- Thank you for giving us such wonderful service.
- We have enjoyed our meetings with you and will miss that association.
- Please accept my sincere thanks for your careful work.
- Thank you for your cooperation.
- Thank you for your help.
- Thank you.
- Please cancel the contract immediately. Call me at 555-5555 if you have any questions or if you need additional information.
- I will appreciate your prompt attention to this matter.
- accept our thanks for
- for your help
- for your cooperation
- for your careful work
- have had no complaints about
- have enjoyed our
- have always been pleased with
- hope that we will be able to
- if you have any questions
- if you need additional information
- prompt and efficient service
- thank you for
- the wonderful service you provide
- to work together again in the future
- want you to know
- will appreciate your
- will miss your
- your excellent service
- your service has always been
- your prompt attention to
Try our Letter-Template Software Risk Free for 30-Days When You Buy at WriteExpress.com
If You’re Not Satisfied Return it for a Full Refund
1 $19.99 value free with purchase of our software for Windows (not Macintosh)
2 Free with purchase of our software for Windows (not Macintosh)