This is the first letter in a collection series. It should contain a short message to gently remind the customer that payment is past due. The message could be attached to the bottom of a billing statement and could acknowledge that payment may have already been made.
1. Remind the customer that payment is past due and state the amount owed.
- When reviewing your account, I discovered that payment for your purchase of $49.99 is past due.
- I realize that this may be an oversight on your part, but my records indicate that your account is ten days past due.
- I thought you might appreciate this friendly reminder that your account is now past due.
- We appreciated receiving your order. Thank you very much. If you have not already sent in your payment, will you please do so now?
- May we remind you that your June payment is now overdue?
- We want to remind you that your account is past due.
- Perhaps you have forgotten that your payment was due on November 9.
- Our records show that you have not paid your October 18 bill for $110.95.
- This is a friendly reminder that we are waiting for your payment of $25.13.
- I want to draw your attention to your account that is now past due.
- We have not received last month's payment for $389.17, which was due ten days ago.
- Did you forget to send us January's payment for $1,500.00?
- Please accept this brief reminder that your payment was due ten days ago.
- a review of your account
- according to our records
- according to our files
- account is not up to date
- account is delinquent
- account is overdue
- are waiting for your March 15 payment
- are delinquent on your March 15 payment
- are sure you are aware
- are overdrawn
- did you forget
- discovered you most recent purchase
- has yet to be paid
- has not been paid
- has been overdue since
- have neglected your payment of
- have not received the March 15 payment
- have neglected to pay
- is past due
- is now overdue
- just a reminder
- March 15 payment is delinquent
- may we remind you
- may we now call your attention to
- our records indicate
- our records show
- overlooked a payment
- please accept this brief message
- please make note
- please be aware of
- seems that you have forgotten
- should have received a payment by
- simple misunderstanding
- simple reminder
- this short note
- this is a notice of delinquency
- thought you might appreciate this friendly reminder
- want to draw your attention
- want to remind you
- when reviewing your account
- would appreciate
- your account has not been updated
- your March 15 purchase payment is now overdue
- your account is now past due
2. Ask the customer to send the payment.
- Will you please send us your payment now?
- We will appreciate your attention to this oversight.
- Please send us a check in the amount shown above.
- If you have not sent us your payment, please do so by March 30.
- We need your payment in full so we can continue to serve your needs.
- Please be sure to send payment now.
- We will appreciate your cooperation.
- Please mail in your payment now.
- We trust that you can send your payment.
- We sincerely appreciate your early remittance.
- Your check is the solution to our problem.
- Will you kindly send your check today?
- Please remit the amount shown.
- I will appreciate prompt payment.
- according to the contract
- appreciate your early remittance
- continue to serve your needs
- expect payment by
- expect to receive a payment by
- expect to have a check by
- have you sent your check yet
- hope that you can
- if you haven't resolved the matter
- if we do not have your payment within ten days
- if you have not sent a payment
- if you have run into difficulties
- if you need to explain
- if you haven't already done so
- in the amount shown above
- may we have your check for
- need your payment in full
- payment in the amount of
- please update your account
- please pay the balance
- please pay the entire amount by
- please mail in your payment
- please send the money
- please send us a check
- please fulfill the terms of our agreement
- please send us the payment
- please live up to your agreement
- please satisfy the conditions of your contract
- remit the minimum amount of $450.58 immediately
- send our payment
- send your payment soon
- send me your check today
- sure you want to protect your credit rating
- to collect payment
- when we can expect payment
- will appreciate prompt payment
- will appreciate your attention to this oversight
- will appreciate payment by
- will sincerely appreciate
- will you kindly
- would appreciate your sending a payment by
- would like to continue
3. Acknowledge that the customer may have already sent payment and thank him or her accordingly.
- If you have already sent this month's payment, please disregard this notice.
- Perhaps you have already sent your payment, but if not, we would appreciate your immediate attention to this matter.
- If you have already remitted payment, thank you.
- If your check is already in the mail, please accept our apology for this letter.
- Please disregard this notice if payment has already been mailed.
- Your past payment history indicates that you are always prompt in your payments. If our current record of your delinquency is incorrect, please contact us immediately.
- appreciate your promptness
- appreciate your prompt attention to
- continue to serve your needs
- could you have overlooked
- don't normally experience delays
- have you sent your check
- if you have already remitted payment
- if you have already sent this month's payment
- if your payment is in the mail
- if you have already sent the payment
- if your check is already in the mail
- if your check has crossed this letter in the mail
- if we receive payment
- if you have paid within
- if you recently sent your payment
- if your payment is already on its way
- know your credit rating is important to you
- may have already arrived
- may have simply overlooked
- perhaps you have already sent payment
- perhaps your check is already in the mail
- perhaps you have already mailed
- please accept our thanks
- please accept our appreciation
- please disregard this notice
- please accept our gratitude
- realize you may have already sent
- realize your payment may already be on its way
- sure that you have already sent your payment
- takes time to reach my desk
- want to thank you if
- we have looked everywhere
- won't you please?
- would appreciate your immediate attention to this matter
- would like to continue
- How to Write a Collection Letter
- How to Write the Appeal Collection Letter
- How to Write the Inquiry Collection Letter
- How to Write the Reminder Collection Letter
- How to Write the Ultimatum Collection Letter
Try our Letter-Template Software Risk Free for 30-Days When You Buy at WriteExpress.com
If You’re Not Satisfied Return it for a Full Refund
1 $19.99 value free with purchase of our software for Windows (not Macintosh)
2 Free with purchase of our software for Windows (not Macintosh)