This letter is usually sent to close friends and associates after they have made either a private or public announcement of the event. Be careful not to overstep the bounds of decorum by using more familiar language than your relationship warrants.
1. Start with a direct statement of congratulations, acknowledging the significance of the achievement.
- I saw your golden anniversary announcement in the paper last Sunday, and I wanted to congratulate you on this achievement.
- Thanks for sending me your anniversary announcement, and congratulations!
- Congratulations on your golden anniversary!
- I have always seen your relationship as a model marriage because of the love, courtesy, and respect that you always show for each other.
- You two have been very important to me and my family.
- Congratulations on this special event in your life.
- Please allow me to extend my best wishes to you on your anniversary.
- a joyous experience
- a model marriage
- admire your relationship
- always been there for each other
- best wishes to you on
- brings back such happy memories
- congratulations on
- extend our congratulations
- extend my best wishes
- for better or for worse
- for inviting me to
- for letting me know
- for sending me your anniversary announcement
- grateful for your example
- great admiration and respect
- hard to believe
- have nothing but admiration for
- have been very important to me
- help me to weather the difficulties
- hope that I can
- love and respect you show
- make a marriage last
- on your anniversary
- please allow me to
- saw your announcement
- send our kindest regards
- should write a book
- since you walked down that aisle
- stay together so happily so long
- such a wonderful achievement
- thank you for
- the experiences you have shared
- the good times and the bad
- the example you have set
- this special event
- this wonderful milestone
- this happy occasion
- want to congratulate you on
- wish you a happy anniversary
- your loyalty toward each other
- your forthcoming anniversary
2. Mention the gift, if you are giving one.
- A gift should arrive at your house by special mail within the week.
- I hope you enjoy the small gift we sent.
- To help express our love and appreciation, we are sending a gift.
- The enclosed gift certificate is a small token of our admiration for you.
- I hope you enjoy the gift I sent you.
- We have sent a little something to help you celebrate the occasion.
- a small gift for a great occasion
- a small token of our affection
- a gift should arrive
- are sending a gift
- as a token of our esteem
- couldn't resist the
- hope this will remind you of
- hope you enjoy the gift
- hope you enjoy it
- made me think of you
- our way of saying
- sent you a little something
- should arrive within a few days
- the enclosed gift certificate
- to help celebrate the occasion
- to add to your collection of
- to show our admiration
- to express our love
- to express our appreciation
- want you to have this
3. Express anticipation for future successes.
- I wish you all the happiness in the world.
- May you enjoy many more happy years together.
- Best wishes as you work toward your golden anniversary.
- Wishing you a happy and prosperous future.
- Best wishes for a golden future. How about another fifty?
- a happy and prosperous future
- all the best for
- as you look towards your
- best wishes for
- for a golden future
- for the future
- good wishes for
- may the future be
- as good to you as the past
- may the future hold
- many more happy years
- may you enjoy many more years together
- just a prelude to a happy future
- wish you every happiness
- wish you many more happy years together
- wish you all the happiness in the world
- wish you continuing success
- wish you many more
Try our Letter-Template Software Risk Free for 30-Days When You Buy at WriteExpress.com
If You’re Not Satisfied Return it for a Full Refund
1 $19.99 value free with purchase of our software for Windows (not Macintosh)
2 Free with purchase of our software for Windows (not Macintosh)