Use this is a letter to recognize a friend's or associate's success in getting a new job, and to extend your warm wishes for success. If you are writing to a new employee, see Welcome Letters.
1. Express your congratulations.
- John told me that Doe Corporation has recruited you as an area manager, and I wanted to be among the first to congratulate you.
- Congratulations, and best of luck in your new job.
- Way to go! It is a real coup for you to get a job with Doe Corporation right out of school.
- Congratulations on your new job as assistant manager.
- I understand congratulations are in order. I just heard that you landed a job with Doe Corporation, one of the best companies in the business.
- Doe Corporation certainly knew what they were doing when they recruited you.
- a good move forward
- a highly respected company
- am so happy for you
- best wishes for
- came as no surprise
- can imagine how proud
- congratulations are in order
- congratulations on
- delighted to hear
- don't know how lucky they are
- extend my congratulations
- have certainly earned this
- here's to a great start
- is known for
- know that this experience will be
- landed a job with
- long string of successes
- on your new job
- on your new position
2. Acknowledge such things as the effort, dedication, energy, or sacrifice necessary for he achievement.
- I was sorry to hear that you had been laid off in the recent wave of cuts at Doe Computers, because I know how much energy and effort you put into your work. Consequently, I was thrilled to hear that you had taken a better position with Doe Corporation.
- I know that you landed the job with Doe Corp because you put a lot of effort and energy into your work. Luck had nothing to do with it.
- You are the best engineer I know, and Doe Corporation was lucky to find you.
- Good things always come to those who work hard, and I know how much effort and energy you put into your job.
- I know you will excel in your new position because I have seen you in action.
- I am glad you refused to settle for anything but the best.
- after the layoffs
- are one of the finest
- as far as I can tell
- deserved to land the job
- good things always come to those
- had the necessary leadership skills
- hard work has paid off
- have seen you in action
- have undoubtedly paid off
- have the ability to
- have both the knowledge and the skills to
- in your new position
- knew what they were doing
- know how much effort and energy
- luck had nothing to do with
- was lucky to find you
- will be an asset to
- will be glad they found you
- with your gift for
- worked hard for this
- you put into your work
- your willingness to
- your professionalism will
3. Express hope for future successes.
- I hope this marks the start of a very rewarding career for you with this company.
- I know you will do well in all of your endeavors.
- I wish you the best of luck in your work at Doe Corporation.
- May things go well for you at Doe.
- Keep up the good work, and let me know about your successes there.
- a long string of successes
- a most rewarding career
- all of your endeavors
- all you ever wanted and worked for
- am sure you will
- as you move up the professional ladder
- best of luck with
- best wishes for
- for your success
- good luck in your new job
- growth and success
- here's to your continued
- here's to a great
- hope this marks the start of
- in your work at
- is just the first of
- keep up the good work
- know you will be successful
- the same success in
- will do well at
- will go far
- wish you good luck
Try our Letter-Template Software Risk Free for 30-Days When You Buy at WriteExpress.com
If You’re Not Satisfied Return it for a Full Refund
1 $19.99 value free with purchase of our software for Windows (not Macintosh)
2 Free with purchase of our software for Windows (not Macintosh)