The best way to increase your credit limit is to give the creditor your reason for needing more credit and to bring to his or her attention your excellent payment record. This letter has a formal tone with clear and objective language.
1. Ask your creditor to increase your credit limit.
- We wish to request an increased credit line.
- Because our current purchasing trends have pushed us to our credit limit with the Doe Corporation, we would like a higher line of credit.
- We would like to request an increase in our credit limit.
- Please increase my credit line to $10,000.
- We request a $5,000 increase in our credit limit.
- For many years we have been excellent clients of the Doe Corporation and we are beginning to outgrow our original credit limit. For this reason we ask for a $2,000 credit increase, beginning immediately.
- I wish to increase my card limit by $2,000.
- a higher credit limit
- an extension of our credit line
- an increased line of credit
- consider increasing my
- credit limit needs to be at least
- increase my card limit to
- increase our credit limit
- my line of credit
- need to increase my limit by
- our original credit limit
- raise my line of credit to
- request an increase of
- request a further extension of credit
- request an increase in
- the time has come to
- to increase our credit line
- want to increase my
- would like to
2. Give the reasons why you require a higher credit limit.
- When I first received my Doe credit card, I used it only for my month-to-month needs. However, now that I am retired I would like to travel more, and would prefer to charge most of my expenses rather than carry large sums of money.
- Demand for our product has increased significantly, requiring us to purchase more raw materials from you on credit.
- Our current credit limit is $15,000. Due to a steady rise in demand for our product, we need to buy much more than that limit will allow.
- Because we have been approaching our current limit for several months, we feel it would make our operations more flexible if you would raise our line of credit to $33,000.
- I find myself using my card much more frequently now than I did in the past.
- continually approach the limit
- continue to expand our
- credit needs have changed
- due to an increase in
- have recently increased
- the increased convenience of
- more expenditures than before
- my current limit is inadequate to
- need to finance more
- no longer meets my needs
- our current credit limit is
- rise in demand for
- the recent expansion of
- this increase would help to
- unable to use my card for
- want to use my card for
- when I first received my card
- without an increase in
- would make our operations more
3. Point out your excellent credit record.
- I have always paid my balance by the agreed-upon date.
- In the past, I have always paid at least the minimum amount due on time.
- I do not anticipate any problems in paying the additional debt that this increase would create.
- I have faithfully paid the amount due on my account by the appointed date, and hope you will grant the additional credit.
- I have held my Doe credit card for three years and have never had a problem paying my bills.
- If you check your records, you will find that I have a spotless credit history.
- Your records will show that I have an excellent record with your company in paying off all outstanding balances.
- a spotless credit history
- always pay on time
- always pay my balance by
- am a good customer of
- an excellent track record
- anticipate no problems in
- at least the minimum amount due
- by the appointed date
- have paid the amount due
- have never missed a payment
- have maintained an excellent
- have had my card for
- if you check your records
- my credit record is
- my payments are always on time
- never fail to
- never had any problems with
- payments are always early
- would like to point out that
- your records will reflect
4. Request a reply.
- We would appreciate your immediate reply.
- We would appreciate your giving us an answer well before our next shipment date, so we can plan accordingly.
- Thank you for considering our request. We hope to receive your reply soon.
- I have enjoyed holding a credit account with the Doe Corporation and will be very pleased if you raise my credit limit. I look forward to your reply.
- Please let us know if you need additional information. We look forward to receiving your favorable decision.
- We appreciate your cooperation in this matter and hope to receive your answer within the next two weeks.
- Thank you in advance for your prompt reply.
- We hope you will seriously consider our request and give us an early reply.
- I eagerly await your response.
- consider this request
- eagerly await your response
- for your assistance
- give serious consideration to
- give us your answer
- give us a call
- hope that you will
- if we need to do anything
- in the near future
- look forward to
- please let me know
- please notify me of
- receive your answer before
- so we can plan accordingly
- thank you for
- thank you in advance for
- to receiving your decision
- to your reply
- waiting to hear from you
- will appreciate your
- will expect your reply
- your prompt reply
Try our Letter-Template Software Risk Free for 30-Days When You Buy at WriteExpress.com
If You’re Not Satisfied Return it for a Full Refund
1 $19.99 value free with purchase of our software for Windows (not Macintosh)
2 Free with purchase of our software for Windows (not Macintosh)