This letter asks the reader for a favor. Be considerate and keep the letter as brief as possible. Also, be sure to acknowledge the reader's kindness in responding to your request.
1. Announce your letter's purpose immediately. Give the applicant's name and indicate that the applicant has listed the reader as a reference.
- Mr. John Doe recently applied for a credit account with our company and has listed your name as a credit reference.
- The Doe Corporation has given us your name as a credit reference in its charge account application.
- John Doe has applied for a credit account with us and has given your name as a reference. We would appreciate any credit information you can provide concerning him.
- Mr. John Doe from the Doe Corporation has applied for credit with us and has given your company as a reference.
- John Doe, your former client, has recently applied for a loan with our corporation and has named you as a reference.
- John Doe has recently submitted a loan application to us and has listed your company as a reference. We would appreciate your cooperation in supplying us with specific credit information.
- are processing an application for
- are completing a credit report for
- as a credit reference
- as part of our regular screening process
- before extending credit to
- gathering financial information about
- gave us your name as a
- give us information about
- has submitted a loan application to
- has applied for credit
- has listed your name
- in connection with her application
- in applying for credit
- named you as a reference
- provide the following information
- recently applied for
- require information about
- some credit information about
- the references he gave
- would appreciate your help
- would be very grateful if
- would like to know more about
- your credit experience with
2. Ask for the specific credit information you need. Refer to any forms or questionnaires you have enclosed with the letter.
- In order to process his application, we need the following information about your business relationship with Mr. Doe:
- We would appreciate your cooperation in providing us with the following information about Mr. Doe:
- Mr. Doe indicates on his application that he has done business with you for many years. Enclosed is a form to help you give us a full report of his account's financial activity for the past three years.
- Please complete the enclosed form and list any specific concerns you may have concerning your experience with the Doe Corporation's account.
- Please complete the enclosed form and return it in the postage-paid envelope provided.
- I would appreciate your taking the time to supply a short reference letter briefly outlining your experience with our applicant.
- We would value any comments you can make on your experience with Mr. Doe's credit reliability that may assist us in making our decision.
- Our client requested a loan amounting to $250,000.00. I would appreciate your opinion on this matter.
- We hope that you will supply us with a record of Mr. Doe's payment activity over the last year.
- Would you please provide us with a credit report on the Doe Corporation, including the following information:
- Any information you provide us is essential to our decision; therefore, we have enclosed a form to direct your attention to the relevant questions.
- I would appreciate it if you would fill out the attached questionnaire.
- For your convenience, we have enclosed our standard credit report form for you to complete.
- a checklist is enclosed
- about your experience with
- any other information
- any general comments
- any pertinent information
- appreciate your cooperation
- are particularly interested in
- at your earliest convenience
- briefly outlining your experience
- concerning your experience with
- concerning this company's credit history
- direct your attention to
- fill out the attached questionnaire
- for your convenience
- for you to complete
- furnish the following information
- hope it will be useful
- if you would be willing to
- if you would answer these questions
- in the following areas
- list any specific concerns
- need the following information
- on the attached form
- please provide us with
- please supply us with
- please complete the enclosed
- regarding your experience with
- return the completed form
- standard credit report form
- supply the following information
- take a moment to
- that may assist us in
- the information we need
- the enclosed stamped envelope
- will value any information
- would be most grateful
- would be very grateful if
- would appreciate a copy of
- would you supply us with
- would like a credit profile of
- your opinion in this matter
3. Assure the reader that you will keep any information provided confidential.
- We assure you that we will not disclose any financial information you may give us.
- All information you send will be kept confidential.
- Of course, the financial reports you provide will remain confidential.
- Only our financial representatives will view this information.
- All information you send in response to our request will be held in strict confidence.
- I assure you that this information is confidential and is only for our use in reviewing Mr. Doe's application.
- Naturally, we will handle this information in strict confidence.
- In accordance with company policy, our financial department will hold this information in strict confidence.
- The information you give us will be used for the sole purpose of establishing Mr. Doe's credit account with our company.
- all information you send
- assure you that
- do not share this information with
- for our internal use only
- have our assurance that
- in strictest confidence
- in accordance with company policy
- information will be handled only by
- information will be used only for
- is strictly for the purpose of
- keep all information confidential
- kept in strictest confidence
- never disclose any financial information
- only our financial representatives
- solely for the purpose of
- the financial reports you provide
- this information is confidential
- used solely to
- will view this information
- will be held in confidence
- will keep the information confidential
- will remain confidential
4. Thank the reader for cooperation and ask for a prompt reply.
- Thank you for your cooperation. We would appreciate a prompt reply.
- Thank you for your willingness to help us with our decision.
- We would appreciate your early reply.
- Thank you for your swift response.
- We are grateful for your assistance and would appreciate receiving a response at your earliest convenience.
- I hope to receive your reply soon.
- Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.
- It is important that we receive your response as soon as possible so we can establish this account. Thank you for your help.
- We would appreciate your candid response.
- We extend our warmest thanks for your assistance and cooperation.
- appreciate your help
- as soon as possible
- at your earliest convenience
- eagerly await your reply
- extend our warmest thanks for
- for your cooperation
- for your attention to
- for an early response
- grateful for your assistance
- help us with our decision
- hope to hear from you
- in the near future
- is important that we
- is greatly appreciated
- look forward to receiving your response
- so that we can
- thank you for
- thanks for your help
- will appreciate your prompt reply
- your willingness to
- your candid response
Try our Letter-Template Software Risk Free for 30-Days When You Buy at WriteExpress.com
If You’re Not Satisfied Return it for a Full Refund
1 $19.99 value free with purchase of our software for Windows (not Macintosh)
2 Free with purchase of our software for Windows (not Macintosh)