The written word has a motivational power that casual comments or even serious verbal suggestions do not have. Effective letters of encouragement contain a tone of genuine appreciation and are careful to avoid strong language that might discourage readers. Offer your reader help if assistance is appropriate and genuinely available.
1. Explain the sales challenge facing your reader.
- We face another challenge! Our warehouse is overstocked, and we have no room for the shipments coming next month. We have one month to move the old boxes to make room for the new ones.
- As you may know, this is the first month of our new money back guarantee policy. This is an exciting new development in our overall sales strategy because it helps us assure customers that they are getting quality products and that our company stands behind them 100%.
- The Kansas sales representatives have challenged us to a sales contest for the month of June. The winner pays for an end-of-the-month pizza party. Knowing you as I do, I jumped at the chance to show up those guys and accepted the challenge.
- Our ranking in total sales has gone up for the second straight month. Our goal is in sight. Let's keep up this pace and increase our sales 25% next month.
- Congratulations! I just received the report for the third phase of the sales competition and we are on top--barely. Even though we are in first place, Springfield is gaining on us. In the last couple of days they have almost closed the sales volume gap. If we stick with our plan, we can make this our year.
- a great improvement in
- a major opportunity for you to
- am pleased to announce
- are facing a challenge
- congratulations on your progress in
- continue the effort to
- exciting new development
- goal is in sight
- have the strongest team ever
- have solved the problems with
- have excess inventory of
- have no room for
- introducing our new policy of
- is overstocked with
- is closing the gap
- latest report shows that
- make a special effort to
- need to move the
- now that we have
- significant trend towards
- sluggish sales over the last
- step up the pace
- thrive on a challenge
2. If appropriate, provide help, suggestions, and/or instructions to overcome the challenge.
- To help you move the inventory quickly, we authorize you to take up to 30% off of the regular price. (This reduction applies to old models only and will last until they are all sold.) Your sales coordinator will check with you weekly on this important sales effort.
- Make sure that you mention this exciting new development during every potential sales encounter. I will be in touch with each of you personally in the next few weeks to see how the new program is going.
- We have our work cut out for us. They have led us in sales for the past two months. Too long! This is our chance. If we focus and work hard we can do it.
- I am confident that if we pay special attention to the following areas we will succeed:
- reduce turn-around time between submitting orders and contacting new customers
- follow up on positive contacts where sales are not yet finalized, but likely
- reiterate the new money back guarantee policy instituted last month
- To give us the edge that we need, we have a secret weapon to help us keep on top. Our direct mailing people have sent packets to the 300 purchasers in your area who you have identified as our best current market.
- a special training session
- am authorizing you to
- be sure to
- don't forget to
- have enclosed a
- in order to qualify for
- is our chance to
- major areas we need to work on
- make sure that you
- offer a discount of
- on all orders placed before
- pay special attention to
- reduction applies only to
- review this material carefully
- special offer expires on
- to mention that the
- to assist you in
- to help you to
- will be in touch with
- will hold a meeting on
- will instruct us in the use of
- will meet with you to
3. Offer any applicable special incentives to your reader.
- To further encourage a quick liquidation of our old stock, you will receive an additional $10 commission per unit on the older model. Also, the sales representative with the highest volume this month will receive a $1,500 bonus.
- Remember that bringing our sales percentage to 25% for the company will raise our commissions to 20%. I know this will make a significant difference for all of us.
- Also, I have decided to throw in an extra $300 bonus to each sales rep who individually brings in over $10,000 before the end of the contest.
- a sales competition
- a special incentive
- ahead of the competition
- an additional incentive
- dollars in your pocket
- earn an extra
- extra commission dollars
- get some extra cash
- great opportunity for you to
- here's your chance to
- how would you like to
- just imagine yourself
- on these particular
- take the lead
- will be prizes for
- will receive an additional
- will raise commissions by
- will throw in an additional
- will benefit personally
- will give us the opportunity to
- would put you among
4. Express confidence that your readers will overcome the challenge and end on a positive note.
- You are a fine sales staff, and we have the utmost confidence that you will rise to this occasion and make us proud.
- We have the edge on our competition already. With the new guarantee, we have the opportunity to take a decisive lead in this industry. We just need to go out and make it happen. I know of no sales force better qualified to do it.
- I have great confidence in your ability to reach this sales goal.
- I am counting on you to go out there and reach this goal. I know you can do it.
- You are the finest sales staff I have ever worked with in this business. And I mean that. I have complete confidence that if we give it our all, and go out there to win, victory will be ours.
- a wonderful opportunity
- am counting on you to
- am quite sure that
- an unbeatable combination
- are counting on you to
- are up to the challenge
- are the very best
- are confident that
- are going to win
- go out and make it happen
- goal should become reality
- have the utmost confidence in
- have every confidence
- have a fine sales staff
- have the edge
- is a realistic goal
- rise to the occasion
- stay out in front
- take a decisive lead
- the best sales force
- together we will
Try our Letter-Template Software Risk Free for 30-Days When You Buy at WriteExpress.com
If You’re Not Satisfied Return it for a Full Refund
1 $19.99 value free with purchase of our software for Windows (not Macintosh)
2 Free with purchase of our software for Windows (not Macintosh)