A good credit rating is enormously important in today's world, and an error in a credit report needs to be addressed as early as possible. See that the credit bureau corrects the error promptly and sends corrected statements to everyone it has misinformed.
1. Point out the error, presenting evidence that it is an error.
- The information in your files on our car payment history is incorrect. I am enclosing copies of all our statements from the financing company, and as you will see, all the payments were made on time. We paid off the debt two months early, in June 2001.
We were certainly never notified of repossession proceedings, as your report indicates.
- Please add this letter to our company's file. Our company, "Doe International," changed its name from "Doe Corporation" in January 2004, the date you have given for the company's inception. Doe Corporation has been in business since April 1952, and is thus not a new company at all.
- There is an inaccurate entry on my credit report, and I must request that you remove it. The report shows a tax lien against my property at 648 Maple Lane, Centerville, Kansas, for the year 2005. I have spoken with the county recorder, who agreed that this was an error. You can expect a letter from her soon.
- I would appreciate your assistance in correcting an error on my credit report, which shows an outstanding balance of $987.65 owed to Doe Corporation. I am enclosing copies of my cancelled check and their final two statements, the second one showing the amount as "paid in full.."
- There is a great deal of erroneous information on my credit report, which shows accounts I have not opened and debts I have not incurred. Are you perhaps confusing two different people? I am enclosing a copy of the report you sent me with the incorrect items marked, and the following information, which may be of assistance:
My full name is John Eric Doe.
My Social Security Number is 555-55-5555.
I have lived at the above address for the past 30 years.
- a serious error in my credit report
- am sure you appreciate the seriousness of
- appear to have been mishandled
- as you can see
- as reflected by the county records
- attached statements from the bank
- attached is a copy of canceled check #222
- balance was paid in full on
- can expect a letter from
- changed the company name
- could be detrimental to
- could jeopardize my financial future
- credit report does not accurately reflect
- discovered an inaccurate entry in
- disturbed by the inaccuracies in our credit report
- enclosed are copies of
- enclosed statements of payments received
- have been erroneously penalized for
- have spoken with the
- have an impeccable credit record
- have made an error in
- included all statements from the financing company
- including copies of all statements
- incurred no debt during this time
- kindly add this letter to our file
- made all payments on time
- must realize the importance of an accurate credit history
- my former name was
- our records show that
- payment record is exemplary
- payment history is incorrect
- shows an outstanding balance of
- the following information may be of assistance
- was shocked to receive
- would appreciate your assistance in
2. Explain how you wish the bureau to correct the record.
- Kindly correct your records, send us a corrected report, and notify all those to whom erroneous reports have been distributed.
- Please send us a revised summary, including the above information.
- Please take any necessary steps to correct my credit report, and send me an amended copy.
- Please delete the erroneous information and send me a copy of the corrected report.
- Please examine your records and send me a copy of the corrected report.
- contact the county records office
- correct my credit report
- delete the erroneous information
- detail the correct credit information
- do not hesitate to contact me
- examine your records
- help us get to the bottom of
- hope this will not have a negative effect on our
- kindly correct your records
- let me know when this has been corrected
- look forward to receiving a revised report
- nip this problem in the bud
- notify all those who have received this erroneous information
- please update your credit records
- refer this problem to
- refer to the enclosed copies of
- remove the outstanding balance
- request your assistance in
- request a complete investigation into
- send me a copy of the corrected report
- send me a corrected copy of
- send us a revised report
- take the necessary steps to
- take measures to avoid future inaccuracies
- to anyone you have misinformed
- would appreciate your
- your prompt attention to
Try our Letter-Template Software Risk Free for 30-Days When You Buy at WriteExpress.com
If You’re Not Satisfied Return it for a Full Refund
1 $19.99 value free with purchase of our software for Windows (not Macintosh)
2 Free with purchase of our software for Windows (not Macintosh)