Inform your customers of the error as early as possible. Use this opportunity to sell the product or the company.
1. Inform the reader of the error.
- We know our prices are low, but this is ridiculous! The deluxe office chair, #F465 on page 16 of our October catalog, sells for $290, not for $29. Please note the correct price.
- A gremlin appears to have crept into the printer's press along with our latest catalog. No less than three of our item numbers have been printed incorrectly. We have detailed these items on the enclosed self-stick note, for your convenience.
- The flier we sent you about the Doe compressor contained an error. The price, as of November 1, is $4,444. The new catalog, which you will receive by the end of next week, shows the current price. If you would like to change your order, please call Jane at 555-5555.
- I am sorry. I really blew it. The flier I sent to tell you about my new address had the wrong telephone number! The new number is 555-5555.
- With respect to our bid #233 titled "Extension to Springfield Middle School Buildings," we must inform you that there are several misprints in the quotation. These are detailed below. This letter must be regarded as an addendum to the bid. We are unable to honor the prices and conditions contained in the original document.
- a case of Murphy's Law in operation
- a typographical error in
- have doubtless already noticed that
- an error seems to have cropped up
- apologize for the error in
- apologize for any inconvenience you may incur
- are unable to honor the prices and conditions listed in
- as described in the original
- errors are detailed on the enclosed
- had the wrong telephone number
- has caused a number of errors in
- have been printed incorrectly
- have marked the offending
- have marked the problem spots
- information was incorrect
- is a printing error in
- misprinted the price
- must inform you about the error in
- new price went into effect on
- number of misprints in our latest catalog
- price should be $450.08, not $45.08
- regret that the information we sent you contained an error
- the sale price is actually
- there are a number of grammatical errors in
- there are several misprints in
- was an error in our
- with respect to our bid #222
2. Make a sales pitch for your product or service, if appropriate.
- We are sure you will recognize that at $290 this chair represents extraordinary value. The soft leather upholstery, together with its adjustable back, would be a bargain at $390.
- The whole catalog, our best ever, is packed with excellent values.
- Our workers, however, are on the ball, so even if you use the misprinted numbers, they will ensure that you receive the correct product in each case. Just include the prices given in the space provided on the order form.
- Although our prices must fluctuate with the market and with exchange rates (if they didn't we would know that we were charging too much), we are proud of the unbeatable values that Doe offers.
- We are confident that our bid remains competitive, and trust that it will be satisfactory to you.
- although not quite as low as the misprint indicates
- am sure you will agree that
- are sure you will recognize the value of
- are confident that our bid remains competitive
- challenge you to find a better price
- come see for yourself
- comparable in quality and convenience
- convenient, yet durable product
- even though the catalog numbers were mixed up
- even if you already placed your order
- guarantee your satisfaction
- have slashed the prices of our
- have unbeatable values
- is well worth the price
- is still a wonderful bargain
- one of our most sought-after products
- one of our most popular items
- our workers, however, are on the ball
- our best ever sale
- prices have been reduced to record lows
- prices are lower than ever
- prices must fluctuate with the market and
- represents an extraordinary value
- savings in every department
- simply include the prices given
- the entire value-packed catalog
- throughout the entire
- will not be disappointed in your new
- will find excellent savings
- will ensure that you receive the correct product
- would never charge such an outrageous price
- would still be a bargain at
3. Express regret and/or appreciation.
- Thanks for your understanding.
- We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.
- You are a valued customer and we hope that our error will not cause you any inconvenience.
- I look forward to receiving your call.
- We do apologize for the inconvenience, and look forward to hearing from you.
- always value your patronage
- apologize for the inconvenience
- appreciate your keen eye
- appreciate your patience
- are always willing to
- are a valued customer
- are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause
- are glad you noticed the
- can make the necessary adjustments
- continue to watch out for our unbeatable values
- don't hesitate to call
- for your patronage
- for your understanding
- for shopping at our store
- for your patience
- enjoy serving you
- hope this error will not cause you inconvenience
- if you wish to change your order
- if you find any more misprints
- is extremely embarrassing for us
- look forward to
- please fax a revised copy of
- please forgive us for
- please make a note of the correction
- regret having caused this inconvenience
- sometimes amaze ourselves
- such errors are fortunately rare
- thank you for
- to hearing from you
- to receiving your call
- try to avoid such errors
- unfortunately, such things happen
- value our business relationship
- will double-check our information in the fortune
Try our Letter-Template Software Risk Free for 30-Days When You Buy at WriteExpress.com
If You’re Not Satisfied Return it for a Full Refund
1 $19.99 value free with purchase of our software for Windows (not Macintosh)
2 Free with purchase of our software for Windows (not Macintosh)