The intent of this letter is to make a sale. It expresses thanks for the reader's time, emphasizes the advantages of doing business with the writer, and proposes a next step.
1. Thank the reader for his or her time. You can do this at the beginning or end of the letter, or both.
- I appreciate your interest in our new line of hydraulic jacks. Your comments provided valuable feedback.
- Thank you for taking the time to meet with me yesterday. I was impressed with what your organization has accomplished.
- It was a pleasure meeting with you on Tuesday. I appreciate your taking the time to listen to my presentation on our new insurance plan.
- Thanks once more for your time and interest.
- Thank you for speaking with me last week about your automation plans.
- I thoroughly enjoyed chatting with you this morning about your networking decision.
- Thank you for letting me introduce myself on the phone this morning. I enjoyed discussing your insurance needs and options with you.
- It was a pleasure to speak with you this morning, and I would like you to know how much Doe's appreciates the opportunity to serve you.
- Thank you for participating in our telephone survey last week and for expressing an interest in our investment services.
- accept my sincere thanks for the interview
- allowing me to discuss the options with you
- appreciate your interest in our new line
- appreciate your courtesy in sharing your time with me
- appreciate your valuable time and your willingness
- appreciate your prompt attention to this matter
- appreciate your help during the presentation
- comments provided valuable feedback
- enjoyed discussing your needs
- expressing an interest in our investment services
- for speaking with me last week
- for rearranging your schedule
- for taking the time to consider
- for participating in our telephone survey
- for briefing me on your plans
- for the interesting chat
- for attending our demonstration last week
- for taking the time to listen to our presentation
- for visiting our showroom
- for agreeing to help
- for your help in sorting out the details
- for the opportunity to converse with you by phone
- how much she appreciates the opportunity to serve you
- taking the time to listen to my presentation
- for letting me introduce myself on the phone this morning
- thank you for your assistance
- thank you for taking the time to meet with me
- thanks once more for your time and interest
- thoroughly enjoyed speaking with you
- was happy to speak with you briefly
- was a pleasure to meet with you
- was certainly a pleasure to speak with you today
- was a pleasure to speak with you
- was very impressed with what your organization has accomplished
- your willingness to discuss your suggestions and questions
2. Briefly review your discussion and emphasize how your product or service can meet the reader's needs.
- I am enclosing a data sheet on the testing equipment we discussed. As you can see, this equipment can reduce your test time by at least 25% and possibly by as much as 55%.
- The simplest solution to the static problems you are experiencing is undoubtedly our new Doe No-Spark flooring. Its quick installation would mean minimal downtime, and each area could be done separately.
- We recommend installing the Doe FT100 to replace the two machines you are currently using. This consolidation will save $30,000 annually, based on the expenses you discussed with me yesterday.
- I am enclosing the information you requested on our intravenous therapy fluids. Please call me if you have more questions after reviewing it.
- Our discussion helped me understand your particular investment needs. I am enclosing a brochure on our new subscription-style investment plan in which you expressed interest.
- The costs you were concerned about were largely the up-front charges, but of course we need to consider the long-term maintenance expenses as well. If you will review the enclosed information, you will see a comparison of costs over the life of the equipment.
- In order to help you evaluate our product more thoroughly, we are happy to provide samples for in-house testing.
- After hearing your concerns about PM10 particle control, I did some research to find out how our new generation of closed furnaces can help you.
- a comparison of costs
- after hearing your concerns
- costs you were concerned about
- did some research
- enclosed is our annual report
- enclosing the information you requested
- enclosing a brochure on our new plan
- enclosing a data sheet
- happy to provide samples for in-house testing
- in order to help you evaluate our product more thoroughly
- its quick installation means minimal downtime
- makes the most sense for your purposes
- may we demonstrate the product to you
- need to consider the long-term maintenance expenses as well
- our products provide the most viable solution
- our commitment to customer satisfaction is reflected in our
- product is compatible with those already on the market
- recommend installing
- research techniques we use are unique and unmatched
- review the enclosed information
- the simplest solution to the problems you are experiencing
- the best value on the market
- this equipment can reduce your test time
- to replace the two machines you are currently using
- understand your particular needs
3. Offer to answer questions, now or in the future, and express your eagerness to do business with the reader.
- As you suggested, we will follow up with Mr. Doe, but please feel free to phone me at 555-5555 if you have any questions.
- I will call you again the week of June 4, after you have had time to review the sheets I am sending you.
- I appreciate your interest in our PLC's, and will be happy to answer any of your questions, either prior to or at our meeting next Tuesday.
- I will forward our new catalog to you as soon as it comes out, and will send you the information about the new treadmill by the end of the week.
- Thank you again for giving me the opportunity to assist you with this decision. I am sure you will agree that the Doe FT200 will suit your requirements perfectly.
- Let me know how I can help you. You can reach me at 555-5555.
- Since our telephone conversation yesterday afternoon, I have put together some more information on the Doe FT series, in which you expressed an interest.
- May we talk again in a month or two? I will call you in February if I don't hear from you in the meantime.
- We look forward to working with you on this upgrade, and I will call you early next week. In the meantime, if you have any questions, you can reach me through my paging service, 555-5555.
- I am pleased to be working with you, and will call you on the 28th to see if you are ready to start the paperwork.
- We look forward to working with Doe's, and we will be in touch with you within two weeks.
- after you have had time to review the specification sheets
- as you suggested, we will follow up
- helping you achieve your goals
- hope you will not hesitate to ask
- if you have any questions
- if you are ready to start the paperwork
- in the meantime
- let me touch on one final important issue
- let me know how I can help you
- let me know of other interests
- look forward to working with you on this upgrade
- may we speak again in a month or two
- please feel free to phone me at
- so we can send a free exhibit pass
- to discuss the next step
- will send you the information by the end of the week
- will call you within two weeks
- will forward our new catalog to you as soon as it comes out
- will be in touch again shortly after your return
- will call you on
- will call you in June if I don't hear from you in the meantime
- will do my homework for you
- will be happy to answer any of your questions
- will call you again the week of
- would like to follow up with some more important benefits
- can reach me at any time through my paging service at
Try our Letter-Template Software Risk Free for 30-Days When You Buy at WriteExpress.com
If You’re Not Satisfied Return it for a Full Refund
1 $19.99 value free with purchase of our software for Windows (not Macintosh)
2 Free with purchase of our software for Windows (not Macintosh)