Christmas or holiday parties can range from very casual to extremely formal and traditional. The invitation should reflect the tone of the party you are planning. The letter of invitation is very often a form letter and need not be personalized, though a brief personal note is not out of place. All information the party goer will need should be included.
1. Announce the party and extend the invitation.
- It's time once again for the Doe Family Christmas Party. Please come and celebrate this special time with us.
- Doe's is hosting an informal holiday gathering on Friday night, the 20th. Dress will be casual.
- We are opening our home for an old-fashioned Christmas party. Sugarplums and candy canes will be in attendance. Won't you come too?
- We are celebrating the winter holiday with an all-day snow party on Saturday, the 29th at the Huckleberry Sno-Park.
- Doe's Springfield office is holding its annual holiday party. All Doe employees and their guests are invited.
- Christmas is here again. Jane and I are stocking our cupboards in preparation for the hungry and thirsty guests who will be at our party. Please come and join us.
- The Doe office open house will be on Thursday afternoon, the 21st. Please come and enjoy holiday cookies, punch, and everybody's favorite--fruitcake!
- 'tis the season to have a party
- a holiday dinner party
- an informal holiday gathering
- celebrate this special time of the year
- Christmas season calls for a party
- come celebrate with us
- corporation will be hosting a
- have decided to celebrate by
- having an open house on
- help us celebrate this
- holiday brunch this Saturday morning
- in celebration of
- is time for our party
- it's that time of year again
- join us this holiday season for
- join in the holiday festivities
- join us at our
- let's celebrate this winter season by
- office holiday luncheon
- old-fashioned Christmas party
- plan to observe this holiday by
- the office's annual End-of-the-Year Party
- this year's company dinner
- to celebrate the winter holidays
- welcome in the New Year at our
- what a Merry Christmas it will be
2. Give date, time, location, and any other pertinent information. State if an RSVP is required. Let your guests know what type of refreshments, if any, to expect.
- The party will be at our home, 1600 Main Street, beginning at 6:30 p.m. on the 17th. There will be light refreshments and drinks. Please RSVP to Jane by the 14th.
- TIME: 12 Noon, Saturday the 23rd of December
PLACE: Our home, 1600 Main Street, Springfield
FARE: Vegetable and fruit trays, sandwiches, Christmas cookies, and punch
PEOPLE: The more the merrier! Bring your family and friends, if you like--there's plenty for the kids to do!
- We'll be meeting at the Bells of Dublin Pub, in their excellent dining room, around 8:00 p.m. on the 17th. The pub is located in the north end of Doe Plaza, downtown. Mr. Doe will be picking up the check for dinner, but drinks area your own responsibility. Please RSVP with Jane at the front desk.
- The party will be held in our cozy little shack, so we expect to be a little crowded. There will be light refreshments. Please call if you need directions (555-5555).
- Doe's offices are located at 1600 Main Street in Springfield, and the party will take place in the main lobby at 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday evening. There will be catered hors d'oeuvres and drinks. Dress is casual. Please RSVP by calling Jane.
- We are getting together at John and Jane's home at 1600 Main Street on New Year's Eve. Dinner will be served about 8:00 p.m. Of course everyone is encouraged to bring a partner.
- While the kids are in the TV room watching Christmas specials, we can celebrate in ease and comfort. Call if you need directions (555-5555). I'm going to be ready around seven.
- We will start at eight o'clock. Dress is formal. Please RSVP using the enclosed card. We look forward to seeing you.
- a good old-fashioned
- are welcome to bring a guest
- bring the kids
- bring a favorite dessert to share
- bundle up because we will be outside for
- call me if you have any questions
- dinner will be served at
- heaps of Christmas goodies
- help us take care of these Christmas cookies
- hope your family can join us
- join us at my home
- just bring along your holiday cheer
- let me know if you need directions
- light refreshments and drinks will be served
- lunch will be catered
- please dress formally
- please RSVP by Wednesday
- please dress casually
- will gather at my house
- will meet at
- will take place on
Try our Letter-Template Software Risk Free for 30-Days When You Buy at WriteExpress.com
If You’re Not Satisfied Return it for a Full Refund
1 $19.99 value free with purchase of our software for Windows (not Macintosh)
2 Free with purchase of our software for Windows (not Macintosh)