Include only what the community or organization needs to know.
1. Briefly introduce the person by name.
- I would like to introduce John Doe and recommend him for membership in the Springfield Country Club.
- May we introduce Jane Doe? She is running for the office of county commissioner.
- I would like you to meet John Doe. He and I were roommates at Springfield University.
- Jane Doe has been a close friend of mine for the past nine years. I think she is one of the most talented artists in the Midwest.
- Hello! We're the Doe family: John and Jane, and our four children, Eric, Fred, Mary, and Ann. We've recently moved in and will be your neighbors for the next few years.
- a good friend of mine
- allow me to introduce
- am pleased to announce that
- am delighted to introduce
- am sure you will be pleased to
- an acquaintance of mine
- bring her to your notice
- first came to know them
- has a great deal to contribute to
- have known her for
- have just recently moved
- have been good friends since
- is an honor to introduce
- is a valuable member of
- please join us in welcoming
- put forward the name of
- recommend him for
- would like you to meet
- would like to introduce
- would like to tell you about
2. Tell the reader why you are introducing this person and mention relevant qualifications or qualities.
- She received her Master of Arts degree at the Doe School of Design. Her work has been exhibited in the most important galleries in Springfield and Centerville. Next month she will return to Kansas and would like to visit Springfield. I'd like you to meet her. She certainly ranks with any other artist you may be considering to fill the vacancy on the Arts Council.
- I think John would make a wonderful member of the Doe Service Club. While we lived in Springfield, I worked with John on several community improvement committees and was impressed with his level of dedication.
- Mr. Doe has been involved in law enforcement and security for the past fourteen years, during which time he received several commendations for his work. He has declared his intention to run for the office of county sheriff.
- Mrs. Doe has been a teacher in the Springfield School District since 1992. During her tenure, she has taught English as a second language, history, and special education classes.
- Jane Doe has lived in this parish for twelve years and has served on the parish service organization for eight years. She has organized several activities and hosted several charity drives. With her four children at home, she has been unable to take a position as an officer in the organization; however, now that her children are older, she has decided to nominate herself to be treasurer of the Springfield Parish Service Organization.
- has earned the respect of
- has been involved with
- has declared her intention to
- has a strong interest in
- has demonstrated great
- has a reputation for
- has been a pleasure to
- has shown interest in
- has been responsible for
- have a lot in common
- is well known for
- is certainly qualified to
- is willing to serve as
- is eager to be of service to
- is a person of integrity
- may be interested to know
- offers important advantages
- recognizes the need for
- will be glad to get involved with
- will be happy to
- would make a wonderful member of
- would be a wonderful person to
- would be an excellent choice for
3. Extend an invitation to the organization or the community to get to know the person.
- We invite you to meet Mr. Doe during a noon-hour open house in the banquet hall of the Main Street Hotel on October 12.
- If you can meet with Jane while she is in your area, please give me a call and let me know the best time. I'll pass the information on to her. Even if you can't meet with her, please call. I'd love to hear from you.
- I ask that you send him an invitation to our next meeting, so you can meet him before voting on my proposal to make him a member.
- Mrs. Doe would like to invite you to meet with her Thursday evening at 7:30 at the Main Street Elementary School. This informal meeting should not last more than half an hour. It will give you a chance to ask her questions. There will be light refreshments.
- We invite you to join us for a block party on Friday, May 8, at our home at 1600 Main Street.
- attend an open house at
- find a moment to
- have a great deal in common
- have taken the liberty of
- if you can meet with
- invite you to
- it might be worth your while to
- let me know if
- may wish to
- pass this information on to
- please extend an invitation to
- see all the behind-the-scene work
- share an interest in
- so that you can meet
- to join us at
- to attend a meeting on
- to discuss her work on
- to discuss the needs of
- to get to know
- will be able to
- will be hosted by
- would like you to meet with
- would like to invite you to
4. End on a positive note
- I know you will come to appreciate Jane, as we have.
- Please keep him in mind this November.
- I would appreciate your consideration.
- Thank you very much for your time.
- We look forward to getting to know you better.
- Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you.
- When voting for officers, please keep Mrs. Jane Doe in mind.
- am confident that
- am sure you will agree that
- appreciate your consideration
- as much as I do
- is eager to
- is just what this community needs
- is the most qualified candidate for
- keep her in mind for
- let me know if
- looks forward to
- please consider
- to hearing from you
- to meeting you in person
- to having an opportunity to
- will always be an asset to
- will be a valuable addition to
- will be glad to
- will come to appreciate
- would be a great choice to
- would be happy to
Try our Letter-Template Software Risk Free for 30-Days When You Buy at WriteExpress.com
If You’re Not Satisfied Return it for a Full Refund
1 $19.99 value free with purchase of our software for Windows (not Macintosh)
2 Free with purchase of our software for Windows (not Macintosh)