Be direct in your reply. Avoid unnecessary expressions of modesty or reluctance. Let the reader feel that you are genuinely pleased to accept. This letter also offers a convenient way to request special equipment or other materials that you may need.
1. Express your pleasure in accepting the invitation. Restate the date, time, and location, if necessary.
- I accept your kind invitation to speak to the graduating class.
- I am delighted to accept your invitation to address the graduates.
- I am pleased to accept your invitation to sing at the Service.
- We were pleased to receive your invitation to play a duet at the meeting and will be honored to do so.
- We are happy to accept your invitation to dance at half time.
- My husband and I will be delighted to accept your invitation to speak to the youth in your congregation.
- We are pleased and honored that you would invite us to be part of commencement service and gratefully accept the invitation.
- I am flattered that you have asked me to sing at your wedding. I accept.
- I am honored to accept your invitation to be one of the judges.
- I shall be happy to provide two musical numbers.
- I was pleased to receive your letter asking me to be one of the speakers at the reunion. I will be happy to do so.
- Thanks for asking me to join your performance. Of course I will.
- Thank you for asking me to play a piano solo at the evening service. I accept with pleasure.
- Thank you for your invitation. It will be my pleasure to present my art work in the museum.
- I am honored to accept your invitation to speak at the Doe employee training seminar next Tuesday at 3:00 p.m. I understand we will meet in the conference room.
- I am happy to accept your invitation to address the membership of the Doe society at your weekly meeting next Monday at 7:00 p.m.
- I gladly accept your invitation to deliver the keynote address for Doe University commencement exercises.
- accept with pleasure
- am pleased and honored to
- am flattered that you asked
- am delighted to accept your
- am honored to accept your invitation to speak
- am always happy to
- am honored to accept your
- appreciate the opportunity to share
- at this year's conference
- consider it an honor to
- delighted to accept
- deliver the keynote address
- for the invitation to speak
- gladly accept your invitation to
- gratefully accept the opportunity to speak
- happy to accept your
- is always a pleasure to
- look forward with anticipation
- pleased to accept
- pleased to accept your
- shall be happy to
- thank you for asking
- thank you for your gracious invitation
- thank you for thinking of me
- to participate in
- to share the highlights of
- was delighted to receive your
- will be a pleasure to
- would be happy to accept your invitation
- would genuinely enjoy
- would be honored to be a guest speaker
- your kind invitation to
- your invitation to address
- your letter asking me to
2. Confirm other specific details, including needs for special equipment.
- I understand that I will be speaking in the Red Top Pavilion on Tuesday, July 4, at 7:30 p.m. It will be a new experience for me to perform in your hall on the evening of April 2.
- The 6:00 a.m. service at the cemetery on Memorial Day will be very appropriate.
- I appreciate your scheduling my part on the commencement program for 6:00 p.m. in the auditorium.
- In addition to a microphone, I will need an overhead projector.
- Since my presentation uses multimedia, I will need three projectors.
- Because the audience will be so large, could you arrange for additional TV monitors?
- I will bring my own instruments, but will need the services of a sound technician.
- I will need four assistants to hand out materials.
- To enhance our interaction, could you arrange the seating in a circle?
- The audience should be seated in groups of eight for problem solving exercises.
- I wonder if you would supply the room where I will be speaking with a podium, a chalkboard, some chalk, and an eraser?
- I will need an assistant to distribute handouts.
- I will use several visual aids during the presentation and will need an easel to rest them on.
- I do not wish to appear too technical for those who do not understand the subject very well or too patronizing toward those who are very secure with the topic. Therefore, I would like to know the educational background of the audience. Could you please let me know at your earliest convenience?
- I will use the following materials in my speech: a VCR, a television, an overhead projector, and a podium. Will you please supply these items for me?
- I would like to have the new portrait of Mr. Doe on the wall just above my head as I speak about his exemplary life.
- am sending a FAX with detailed information
- wonder if you would supply
- availability of parking
- because of time constraints
- chalkboard will be sufficient
- could you arrange for
- do not wish to appear too technical
- do not wish to appear patronizing
- during the presentation
- have the seats arranged accordingly
- inform me as soon as possible
- it would be helpful
- need directions to
- need a VCR setup
- please arrange the seats in
- scheduling my presentation
- since my presentation will be
- size of the audience
- the educational background of the audience
- the small room where I will speak
- to enhance the experience for
- will need someone to distribute handouts
- will need an overhead projector
- will use quite a few visual aids
- will bring my own
- will be speaking in
- will utilize the following materials
- will need assistance with
- will require a
- would like to have recording equipment available
- would appreciate it if you could provide
- would appreciate your assistance with
- would be helpful to have a
3. Inquire about the makeup, interests, and attitudes of the audience.
- It would be helpful to know how familiar the audience is with tax laws.
- What experience has your group had with wilderness hiking?
- Has your class had other speakers on this subject?
- Has your organization been involved in helping the homeless?
- Are there particularly sensitive areas I should avoid, or at least be aware of?
- Will the group have read my previous work on this topic?
- Has the audience had other vocal performers this year?
- What are the major athletic interests of the group?
- What is the general attitude of the audience toward federal controls?
- anything I should be aware of
- are they acquainted with
- audience's familiarity with
- background of the audience
- demographics of the group
- fill me in on
- general attitude towards
- give me pointers concerning
- group's experience with
- interests they have in common
- major interests of
- other speakers' topics
- particularly want me to cover
- preferences regarding
- previous exposure to
- previously been involved with
- topics already covered
- warn me of any sensitive topics
- what experience have they had with
- would be helpful to know
4. If appropriate, discuss your fee.
- I usually charge $300.
- I appreciate your offer of a $300 honorarium plus travel expenses.
- I would normally charge $500 to speak to an audience this large; however, since it is for charity, I will expect only the cost of my transportation and overnight accommodations.
- My fee for an audience of this size and for a one-hour presentation is $600.
- I need to know whether you will offer an honorarium.
- I would like to arrange a meeting to determine my fee for this appearance.
- Since you have asked me to speak for an additional amount of time, I will need to adjust my fee accordingly.
- for speaking to an audience this large
- for a one hour presentation
- my fee for an audience of this size
- since you have asked me to speak for an additional
- since it is for charity
- to determine my fee for this appearance
- usually charge
- will only charge
- will need to adjust my fee accordingly
- would like to arrange a meeting
- would normally charge
5. Confirm travel details such as itinerary or housing arrangements.
- I plan to arrive by car late Thursday evening.
- I will arrive at 3:35 p.m. on Delta flight 245 from Springfield.
- Thank you for offering to meet me at the D concourse at 7:30 p.m.
- I will drive to Springfield and stay at the Doe Inn.
- Two of my children will accompany me.
- Could you please make a reservation for me at the Doe Inn?
- I will purchase my tickets here and give you my receipts for reimbursement.
- Thank you for offering to pay my travel expenses.
- I sincerely appreciate the honorarium.
- My return flight departs at 8:00 p.m. on Saturday.
- accept your kind offer
- appreciate the honorarium
- make my own reservations
- make my own arrangements
- my flight number is
- plan to arrive on
- plan to drive myself
- plan to stay at
- please make a reservation for me at
- return flight will depart
- thank you for offering
- to provide accommodation
- to pay my travel expenses
- to meet me at the
- will give you my receipts
- will accompany me
- will purchase my own
- will stay at
- will be driving to
- will arrive at
6. Express your expectations for the event.
- I look forward to being a part of the program.
- I hope my contribution will add to your program.
- I will do my best to help your organization in its efforts to raise funds.
- I hope my performance will add to the pleasant evening.
- I am delighted to help further the aims of the church.
- It sounds as if it will be a delightful evening.
- Thank you for thinking of me.
- It sounds like it will be a very worthwhile meeting.
- am happy to do what I can to help
- an enjoyable weekend
- being a part of your
- delighted to help
- delighted to be of assistance
- for the invitation
- for this opportunity
- for asking me to address your committee
- help your organization
- hope to meet your expectations
- hope to confirm the details
- hope my contribution will
- hope my performance will
- in its efforts to
- in the near future
- it will be a most
- it sounds as if
- look forward to speaking to your group
- meeting the members of your group
- memorable occasion
- participating in your
- pleasant evening
- sincerely appreciate your interest in my
- thank you very much
- thanks again for your kind invitation
- very happy to be able to
- want to thank you for inviting me
- will do my best to
- wish to express my gratitude
- worthwhile event
Try our Letter-Template Software Risk Free for 30-Days When You Buy at WriteExpress.com
If You’re Not Satisfied Return it for a Full Refund
1 $19.99 value free with purchase of our software for Windows (not Macintosh)
2 Free with purchase of our software for Windows (not Macintosh)