Make this letter direct and encouraging, but not overbearing.
1. Acknowledge previous correspondence, or inform the reader of the open position.
- We have reviewed your resume and application for a position with Doe Incorporated.
- Doe Corporation is searching for a new Director of Marketing to work at our corporate headquarters.
- Thank you for your application for the position of Plant Manager.
- I enjoyed my brief meeting with you to discuss your ideas about marketing our new software.
- Thank you for taking the time to meet with me to discuss possible employment opportunities with our company.
- Thank you for considering Doe Corporation in your employment search.
- a preliminary review of possible candidates
- are searching for a new
- as we discussed
- attended your presentation on
- enjoyed your presentation at
- favorably impressed me
- for the position of
- gave your name
- have been watching your career with
- have reviewed your resume
- informed me of your interest in
- mentioned your name as a possible
- mentioned that you might be interested in
- most favorably referred
- mutual acquaintance has told me of your
- possible employment opportunity
- recently told me about your expertise in
- thank you for submitting your
- told me something of your accomplishments
- was very impressed by your
- you were recommended to us
- you have been brought to our attention as
- you have become well-known for
- your search for employment
- your extensive experience with
- your application for a position at
2. Extend the invitation to interview, indicating that the reader meets your preliminary qualifications.
- Your background and training match those we look for in our employees; consequently, we are interested in speaking with you in person.
- You appear to possess both the skills and experience required to fill this position. We would appreciate your calling to arrange a time for an interview.
- We are pleased to invite you to be interviewed for the position.
- I was favorably impressed with your qualifications and would appreciate the opportunity to meet with you again.
- We are impressed with your training and work experience and would like to meet with you in an interview.
- appear to possess the skills and experience
- are very interested in your extensive experience
- are favorably impressed with
- are pleased to invite you to
- are similar to those we are looking for
- have the background we seek
- hope to move rapidly toward a new appointment
- if you would like to speak further
- if you are interested
- invite you to contact
- invite you to attend an interview
- like to discuss this in more detail
- meet with you in an interview
- need to arrange an interview
- please call to set up an appointment
- qualifications required to fill this position
- seem to match our requirements
- speaking with you in person
- to meet with you again
- would very much like to talk
- would be glad to meet with you
- would like to invite you to
- would appreciate the opportunity
- would like to discuss the position with you
- would be interested in
- your background and training
- your training and work experience
3. Arrange to schedule the interview or provide the date, time, and location already scheduled.
- If you are available for an interview, please call me at 555-5555 to arrange a time.
- If you are interested in this opportunity, I would be pleased to meet with you. You can reach me at the Doe headquarters. My telephone number is 555-5555.
- Your interview has been scheduled for Thursday, February 3, at 10:00 a.m. in Conference Room A of the Doe Plaza Building, 1600 Main Street in Springfield. Parking is available in the underground area with an entrance from Main Street.
- Should these second interviews prove productive, the next step will be to request a reference check before making an employment offer. Please call me at 555-5555 to arrange a convenient date and time for the interview.
- John Doe, director of our human resource department, would like to meet with you at 1:00 p.m. on June 6. Mr. Doe's secretary will inform you of the location.
- arrange a meeting at your convenience
- at that time, you will meet with
- at your earliest convenience
- call me to confirm date and time
- can reach me at
- for an appointment
- have tentatively scheduled your appointment for
- if you are interested in this opportunity
- if you would be available for an interview
- if that time is not convenient
- if you have any questions
- let me know if you are interested
- please call my office
- the above address and telephone number
- to set up an interview
- to arrange a convenient time
- will provide round-trip plane tickets
- will be interviewing for the position on
- would like to meet with you at
- would like to arrange the interview for next week
- your interview has been scheduled for
4. Express anticipation of a response.
- I look forward to hearing from you soon.
- I eagerly await your call.
- Please let me know if you are interested in the position we discussed. We look forward to your reply.
- Again, thank you for your interest in the position.
- We look forward to meeting with you.
- at your earliest convenience
- await your call
- if the prospect appeals to you
- if you are interested
- in our company
- in the position
- look forward to
- my e-mail address is
- please let me know
- please call or write me
- thank you for your interest
- to hearing from you soon
- to hearing from you
- to your reply
- to meeting you in person
- to meeting you again
- to confirm the arrangement
- unless we hear from you
- will wait to hear from you
- will expect to see you at that time
Try our Letter-Template Software Risk Free for 30-Days When You Buy at WriteExpress.com
If You’re Not Satisfied Return it for a Full Refund
1 $19.99 value free with purchase of our software for Windows (not Macintosh)
2 Free with purchase of our software for Windows (not Macintosh)