The tone of an invitation is always positive, in anticipation of a pleasurable occasion. Clever phrasing, poetry or a themed approach may be appropriate for an informal occasion, but you should express the details clearly.
1. Extend the invitation, naming the event and including the date, time, and place. If the event has a special purpose, such as honoring someone or celebrating an anniversary, state this.
- The parents of Jane Doe are pleased to invite you to a party at their home on May 30, 2002 from 7:00 to 11:00 p.m. to celebrate Jane's graduation from Doe University.
- Please join us on August 15, 2002, from 7:00 to 10:00 p.m. at the Doe Country Club in Springfield to honor our parents on their fiftieth wedding anniversary.
- We are delighted to invite you to the first annual Doe family reunion on July 3, 2002, from noon to dusk at the Doe Memorial Gardens in Springfield. Mom and Dad Doe will be there, and the Johnson cousins will perform.
- Please help us surprise Eric on his 30th birthday, February 7, by attending a party in his honor at 7:00 p.m. at his parents' home, 648 Maple Lane. Many members of his football team will be there, including Coach Doe.
- Just a brief note to invite you to an informal get-together at the home of John and Jane Doe.
- We are pleased to invite you to join us for an evening of fun and games at the Doe mansion.
- We are pleased to announce the bar mitzvah of our son, Aaron, and cordially invite you to attend the service at Springfield Synagogue, on Saturday, June 16, at 10:00 a.m., and then join us for lunch afterwards.
- Bring your swimsuit and help John enter his fifties with a splash. The party starts at four on Saturday afternoon, June 15th.
- Fred is turning eight, and wants to celebrate. Come and join in the fun at his house, 28 Doe Way, from 3:30 to 5 p.m. on Wednesday, May 22.
- Come join us on Saturday, April 14, to celebrate Anne's eleventh birthday. We will meet inside the main entrance at 2:00 p.m. and finish up at the same place at 4:30 p.m. There will be lots of pizza and lots of fun.
- She's having a girl! Come to a baby shower for Jane Doe to be held at the Doe residence, 1600 Main Street, on February 16, at 3:00 p.m.
- Paul and I will be married on Friday, March 12, at the Springfield Art Museum. We are inviting only a few close friends and would be very happy if you could be there.
- I am having a slumber party on May 30 to celebrate the first day of summer vacation, and I hope you can come. We will start at 7:30. Plan on eating dinner here.
- Mom and Dad have been married for fifty years this month, and we would like to honor them at an open house on their anniversary. Stop in at the Doe residence, 1600 Main Street, between 2:00 and 5:00 p.m. on Saturday, November 23. We would love to see you.
- a reception to be held on
- a reception honoring
- an informal get-together
- an open house on
- are pleased to announce
- are cordially invited to
- are delighted to invite you to
- are pleased to invite you to
- at the residence of
- at the home of
- don't miss out on the fun
- hope you will be able to
- hope you can come
- in honor of
- in a private ceremony
- in celebration of
- join us for a
- on the occasion of
- please join us on
- to honor our
- to celebrate with us
- will perform
- will be there
- will be on hand to
- would be very happy if you could
2. If the event is a retirement, an anniversary, or a reception, indicate if a gift is not expected. If a gift is welcome, it is usually best to say nothing, except in the cases of bridal or baby showers.
- No gifts, please. Your presence is the best present.
- In lieu of gifts, contributions may be sent to the Children's Medical Center.
- No gifts, please. This is a very informal occasion.
- He has agreed to the party on one condition--no gifts!
- Let's shower her and the baby with gifts.
- They assure us they already have too much of this world's goods. Please, no gifts!
- Ashley loves blue and is planning on using shades of blue throughout her home. We all hope Eric will agree!
- an informal occasion
- friendship is gift enough
- grateful for the gift of your friendship
- her color scheme is
- in lieu of gifts
- let's shower her and the baby with
- let's surprise her with
- may make a contribution to
- may send a donation to
- more than adequate to
- no gifts, please
- please wrap your gift in
- please don't bring gifts
- presence is gift enough
- requests that you not bring gifts
- the bride is registered at
- those who would like to
- to express your good wishes
- your presence will be the best present
3. Indicate appropriate dress, if there is any reason for question.
- Since we will be gathering outdoors, dress casually.
- This is a best dress occasion.
- Formal wear will be appropriate.
- Outdoor sportswear is quite appropriate.
- We encourage all to come in 1950's dress.
- Costumes are encouraged, without masks.
- Come dressed casually, and bring swim suits.
- Please dress informally.
- Please note that this is a black-tie event.
- Be sure to wear old clothes. We will be making a mess!
- best dress please
- black-tie event
- bring your swimsuit
- casual dress is fine
- come in costume
- come dressed to the nines
- dress casually
- dress formally
- dress will be
- dress to the theme of
- encourage you to
- formal wear is
- has requested that we
- it gets chilly after dark
- it will be quite cold, so
- please wear sturdy walking shoes
- please dress for the weather
- please dress formally
- pull out your glad rags
- the theme of the masquerade is
- wear old clothes
- will be gathering outdoors
- will finish up on the beach
4. Express anticipation, and ask for a response by a specific date.
- We look forward to sharing a delightful time together. Please R.S.V.P. by May 15.
- We eagerly await your response. Please R.S.V.P. by June 1.
- To help us plan, please let us know by 1 April whether you will be joining us.
- Would you please let us have your answer by October 5?
- We will appreciate having your response by December 20.
- We hope you will join us. Please R.S.V.P. by calling 555-5555 before
- We hope you can work this into your busy schedule.
- We believe you will enjoy yourself, and we look forward to having you with us.
- Let us know if you will be able to come. Just call us at 555-5555.
- We do hope to see you there. Just come along any time during the afternoon.
- anxiously await your response
- delightful time together
- do hope to see you there
- having you with us
- hope you will join us
- if you are able to join us
- just call us at
- let us have your answer by
- look forward to seeing you
- planning to have a wonderful time
- please let us know by
- please respond by
- please R.S.V.P. by
- please R.S.V.P. before
- to share in our joy
- to help us plan
- will be lots of fun
- work this into your busy schedule
- would appreciate hearing from you by
- would be so pleased to see you there
Try our Letter-Template Software Risk Free for 30-Days When You Buy at WriteExpress.com
If You’re Not Satisfied Return it for a Full Refund
1 $19.99 value free with purchase of our software for Windows (not Macintosh)
2 Free with purchase of our software for Windows (not Macintosh)