This invitation usually includes a pitch for the charity or fund-raising organization. Use a business-like or personal tone, depending on your relationship with the recipient.
1. Extend the invitation and explain the event's purpose, including the date, time, and place. You may mention other participants who will attend.
- Suzanne and I would like to invite you and Jane to join us at the seventh annual dinner and fund raiser for the Children's Medical Center, which will be held at the Blue Room of the Springfield Hotel, on Friday, June 16.
- Please join us on September 23, 2002, for a special benefit concert for the Save the Three-legged Gopher Foundation to be held at the Springfield outdoor amphitheater.
- The annual dinner for the Children's Medical Center is being held next Friday, and I am hoping you and Eric will join us.
- Our annual fund raiser for the Springfield High PTA scholarship fund is coming up. We would be very pleased if you will participate. The run/walk will start at 8:00 a.m. on Saturday September 18, on the football field.
- You are cordially invited to the annual Operation Food Fund Raiser to be held in the Doe Corporation Cafeteria on Friday evening, August 2, at 7 o'clock.
- Please plan to support our drive to raise funds for a new neonatal unit for the Children's Medical Center.
- We are pleased to extend this personal invitation to you to attend the Paramedic's Ball on Saturday evening, October 14, at the Springfield Hotel.
- I am honored to invite you to a reception to be held at my home from 6:00 to 9:00 p.m. on Friday, June 16, to get to know Jane Doe, the woman who is likely to be Springfield's next mayor.
- I am hoping you will accept this invitation to chair this year's "Homes for the Homeless" fund-raising drive.
- As chairman of the Springfield branch of the Child Protection League, I invite you to serve on the organizing committee for our annual fund-raising drive.
- We are reserving a seat for you at next Tuesday's meeting with Senator Michael Luthy, where we will be kicking off his reelection campaign.
- a reception to be held on
- am honored to
- annual dinner and fund raiser for
- annual fund-raising drive
- are cordially invited to
- are reserving a seat for you at
- are pleased to invite you to
- are pleased to extend this
- are delighted to invite you to
- at the home of
- drive to raise funds for
- fund-raising drive for
- hope you will be able to
- hope you will accept this invitation to
- invite you to attend a
- join us for a
- plan to support our
- please join us on
- pleased if you would participate
- request the pleasure of your company
- serve on the organizing committee
- this personal invitation
- to be held in
- would like to invite you
2. Explain why the charity, event or organization is worth supporting.
- As you are aware, the Medical Center does a great deal of charitable work, so that no child is denied care because of an inability to pay. The medical staff donate time to these children, and every penny we raise is applied directly to their care.
- The brown gopher population is finally starting to increase again, even though it seemed for a while that they were doomed to extinction. We can certainly thank the foundation's efforts for this amazing turnaround.
- This dinner has been a tradition in Springfield for the last fifty years. It certainly brings us pleasure to make a small contribution to the medical center's excellent work.
- We raised $5,000 last year that provided scholarships for five needy Springfield High students, who might not otherwise have been able to afford to attend a college or university.
- The menu will consist of peanut butter on whole wheat bread, an orange, and skim milk--the same meal that Operation Food provides each day for thousands of hungry children worldwide.
- As you know, the paramedics are a volunteer organization and provide their services to the community for a minimal charge. Let's support these dedicated men and women and help them to cover their costs.
- A small and select group of people have been invited, so each of you may have an opportunity to converse with Ms. Doe and exchange ideas. I am sure you will be as impressed with her as I have been.
- Your great concern for the homeless, and the work you have already done to raise awareness of the many problems they face has impressed the executive board. You were a unanimous choice, and we hope you will seriously consider taking on this responsibility.
- We are finally making strides with the establishment of a Children's Justice Center in Springfield, and trust that the funds we raise this year will be the capstone of this long-term project. Your dedication to the cause of justice for children is well-known and, combined with your fund-raising expertise, makes you an ideal person to participate in this year's drive.
- His terms in the Senate have been remarkably successful. I am sure you will agree that the best thing we can do is send him right back to Washington.
- a worthy cause
- according to ability to pay
- an organization of volunteers
- are finally making strides
- as you are aware
- dedication to the cause of
- does a great deal of charitable work
- donate their services
- for a minimal charge
- great concern for
- has become a tradition
- inability to pay
- involved in an excellent cause
- make a small contribution to
- no one is denied
- owe a great debt to
- select group of people
- support these dedicated men and women
- the outstanding work done by
- the excellent work done by
- to raise awareness of
- unable to afford
- will be impressed by
3. Mention the cost for attending.
- The tickets are $150.00 per couple. This amount is partially tax deductible, but you will need to consult your tax advisor.
- We use the occasion to raise funds for the Medical Center and ask you to come prepared to donate generously.
- The ticket price is not fixed, and you may choose the size of your donation. Please be aware that our costs run at $20.00 per head.
- A pledge to the Foundation of about $100.00 customarily accompanies each acceptance. We hope you will see your way clear to supporting this important cause. The amount should be fully tax deductible.
- Registration costs $12 if received by September 14 or $15 thereafter. You may register on the day of the race for $10, but will not receive a t-shirt.
- Each guest is invited to participate in a raffle to win a snow blower. Proceeds will be sent to Sub for Santa.
- We are asking a contribution of $200.00 towards her campaign.
- Your gift of $400.00 will help to ensure his reelection.
- The meal will be potluck, and we request that you bring a salad for eight.
- a silent auction
- are asking for a contribution of
- ask you to be generous
- asking for a donation of
- can win a
- come prepared to be generous
- cover our costs
- hope you will see your way clear to
- invite you to participate in
- participate in a
- please plan to
- please bring along
- request that you bring
- support a raffle
- support this important cause
- tax deductible donation
- the dinner will cost
- to raise funds for
- traditionally accompanies each acceptance
- use the occasion to
- will be door prizes
- worthwhile cause
- your contribution of
4. Indicate whether the addressee may give the invitation to another person if he or she is unable to attend. If you say nothing, the assumption will be that the invitation should not be passed on.
- We would appreciate your passing this invitation on to a friend if you are unable to participate.
- If you are unable to attend, please pass the invitation on to your assistant.
- We hope that you or an associate will be able to attend to represent your company.
- If you are unable to attend personally, please feel free to send a representative.
- If you cannot make it, we hope someone from the family can come in your place.
- are hoping for bumper attendance, so
- can come in your place
- help drum up support for this event
- hope that you or an associate
- if you are unable to attend personally
- if you cannot make it
- if you would care to pass this invitation on to
- if you are unable to attend
- if you would like extra tickets, just
- let your friends and neighbors know about
- personal invitation just for you
- please encourage your
- please feel free to invite
- please send a representative
- please pass the invitation to
- tickets are transferable
- tickets are not refundable
- to represent your company
- will be able to attend
- would appreciate your passing this on to
5. Express your anticipation for a successful event, and ask for a response by a specific date.
- We look forward to sharing a delightful time together. Please R.S.V.P. by May 15.
- We anxiously await your response. Please R.S.V.P. by June 1.
- To help us plan, please let us know by 1 April whether you will be joining us.
- Would you please let us have your answer by October 5?
- We will appreciate your responding by December 20.
- We hope you will join us. Please R.S.V.P. by calling 555-5555 before May 30.
- We hope you can work this into your busy schedule.
- We believe you will find this very worthwhile and we look forward to having you with us.
- a wonderful opportunity to
- anxiously await your response
- delightful time together
- give us your answer by
- having you with us
- hope you will join us
- if you are able to join us
- just call us at
- look forward to having you with us
- look forward to sharing a
- participate in a very worthwhile event
- please respond by
- please let us know by
- please mark your calendar
- please R.S.V.P. before
- please R.S.V.P. by
- to help us plan
- whether you will be joining us
- will appreciate hearing from you by
- will appreciate your responding by
- will find this most worthwhile
- will call you early next week
- work this into your busy schedule
Try our Letter-Template Software Risk Free for 30-Days When You Buy at WriteExpress.com
If You’re Not Satisfied Return it for a Full Refund
1 $19.99 value free with purchase of our software for Windows (not Macintosh)
2 Free with purchase of our software for Windows (not Macintosh)