Canceling an order is not difficult, but be sure to do it before it has been shipped.
1. State that you need to cancel an order and offer a reasonable explanation.
- I need to cancel an order I sent in by fax yesterday. We discovered that we need only a minor, inexpensive part to fix the pump, so we don't need a new motor.
- I must cancel the order I made last week for several birds. I just received a letter from the animal rights people threatening to picket our store if we use live animals in our Christmas sales.
- Because of a disastrous fire in our building yesterday, I need to cancel the order I just placed with you on Monday.
- Please cancel my order for a new computer system which I placed last week. After having a consultant evaluate our needs, we realize we need a very different configuration.
- Please cancel my subscription to your magazine. I find it does not meet my needs.
- a misunderstanding of
- after careful evaluation of
- are satisfied with
- are no longer in need of
- at the time that we ordered
- because of a change in
- find it necessary to
- have sufficient in stock
- have decided to discontinue our service
- have decided not to
- have found a more suitable
- kindly cancel my order
- market conditions dictate that
- need to cancel the order placed on
- no longer need the
- only needed a minor repair
- please cancel our subscription to
- please disregard the order
- regret the necessity
- request that you discontinue
- was under the impression that
- were unaware of
- will have to cancel our order for
2. Provide sufficient information for the reader to identify your original order.
- I ordered an "extra high torque motor," stock #1234, listing for $775.00 in your most recent catalog.
- My order, dated October 23, 2001, requested several items for our Christmas display:
#123 4 calling birds @ 32.50 130.00
#234 3 French hens @ 12.54 37.62
#345 2 turtle doves @ 35.00 70.00
#456 1 partridge 43.67
#567 1 pear tree, potted, 4-6' 27.45
- The part I needed was described in your catalog as "Stock #123, Electrical plug lockout device," listing for $10 each. I ordered it on March 15.
- Now that my inventory records are up to date, I see that we do not need any more of the Model W123 than we already have. It is not what you would call a "fast seller," but I like to keep a few on hand for my regular customers.
- I used your standard order form imprinted with my customer number: 123.
- Enclosed is a photocopy of my original order, which I mailed two days ago on March 15.
- account number is
- customer number is
- details I gave over the phone were
- enclosed is a copy of
- faxed the order to you
- had requested a
- items in question are
- just as you were closing on March 15
- order number is
- order was placed by
- our order consisted of
- placed the order on
- placed on purchase order number
- purchase order number is
- telephone number is
- the purchase order number is
- the original order was dated
- the following list of items were
- the following items
3. Adjust any payment arrangements.
- Please return my check in the enclosed envelope.
- The order was to be charged to my account, so no money needs to be credited or returned unless a charge was added.
- Please return the money order that I sent.
- I trust that you have not yet put a charge on my credit card, but if you have, please post a credit to cancel out the charge.
- I was expecting to pay for this shipment COD, so you need not be concerned with crediting my account.
- bill the service charge to
- cancel the credit card transaction
- expect a full refund
- fee for canceled orders
- have directed my bank to stop payment
- have requested a stop payment on
- in accordance with your policy on
- kindly credit my account with
- please cancel the charge on
- please leave the credit on our account
- please refund my
- please return my check
- refund my down payment
- request a refund of the balance
- return the money order
- return my check in the amount of
- send me a statement
- the full amount
- the provisions for canceled orders
- understand that there is a fee
- will contact you
4. Express apologies and appreciation, as appropriate.
- I depend on your rapid service and high quality products to keep my equipment running, and I apologize for any inconvenience this cancellation may cause.
- I am sorry for the trouble.
- Please accept my apology for this inconvenience.
- I appreciate your attention to this matter and extend my apologies.
- I am disturbed that my technician did not do a better job of diagnosing the problem in the first place. His error has caused a lot of inconvenience for both our staffs. My apologies. Thanks for your understanding.
- a continuing relationship
- always appreciate your
- am sorry for
- any trouble we have caused you
- apologize for our unfortunate error
- apologize for any inconvenience
- appreciate your patience
- appreciate working with
- assure you that this will
- extend my apologies to
- have always been satisfied with
- have always been impressed with
- look forward to
- please accept my apologies
- regret the necessity of
- regret causing you inconvenience
- thank you for your understanding
- the services you provide
- will conclude the matter
- with your customer service
- with your products and service
- your professional attitude
- your prompt attention to
- your attention to this matter
Try our Letter-Template Software Risk Free for 30-Days When You Buy at WriteExpress.com
If You’re Not Satisfied Return it for a Full Refund
1 $19.99 value free with purchase of our software for Windows (not Macintosh)
2 Free with purchase of our software for Windows (not Macintosh)