Since such requests impose on the reader's time and resources, be especially courteous and tactful. Initial comments should put the reader at ease and help him or her feel that responding will not be burdensome. If you ask for confidential information, assure the reader that it will be kept confidential.
1. Explain your need, mentioning your reader's qualification to help.
- Because of your experience as a financial counselor, you can give authoritative responses to some of the questions we need to have answered. May we ask you to take just a few minutes to circle the answers below that, in your opinion, best represent the training needed for financial counseling?
- You were recommended as one who can help us with a research question. May we ask you to take a few minutes to answer the questions below? Simply mark an X in the appropriate box.
- May we ask a favor of you that will ultimately help us all in decision-making? Could you take a few minutes and answer the questions in the enclosed survey and return it to us this week?
- The company is taking a quick survey to collect data about marketing strategies. We are asking key personnel to answer the following questions:
- Would you please take a few minutes to help us by answering the few questions listed below?
- We need input from persons in your position. It will only take a minute to answer the questions below. Your opinions will be of great help.
- Because of your unique perspective on this problem, I need your help in completing and returning the enclosed questionnaire.
- I would be most grateful if you could respond to the few questions listed below. I value your judgment highly and want to benefit from your opinions.
- For my graduate thesis I am doing a study on worker job satisfaction. May I ask you to respond to the following questions? All responses will be kept confidential, so please do not sign your name on the questionnaire.
- In order for us to provide you with proper coverage, we will need the following information (Please return your answers in the enclosed envelope):
- To help us evaluate and improve our service, would you please take a moment to answer the questions on the enclosed postpaid card and return it to us as soon as possible?
- all responses will be kept confidential
- answer the questions by
- as soon as possible
- circle the answers
- collecting data about
- complete a short questionnaire
- complete a short survey
- evaluate and improve our
- give authoritative responses to
- give us your opinions concerning
- if you would respond to
- in view of your experience in
- in the accompanying envelope
- in order for us to provide
- mark the appropriate box
- may we ask a favor of you
- respond to the following questions
- return it to us by
- take a few moments to
- take just a minute or two
- that best conform to
- that best represent your
- will help us in our planning
- would appreciate your help
- would appreciate your input
- would be most grateful if
2. Indicate what benefit the reader will receive by responding.
- We expect to publish the results in the next newsletter, which you will receive free of charge.
- If you would like to receive a copy of the results of the survey, check the box at the end.
- We expect to publish the results of this study and will send you a copy as soon as it is complete.
- We will share the results of this survey with all of the department managers of your company. We are confident it will help them with inventory control.
- The more responses we get, the more reliable our conclusions will be, and we can modify the curriculum with greater confidence.
- In return, we will be happy to send you a copy of our latest release.
- Your information will be very valuable. If you wish, we will send you a copy of the results.
- We will gladly share the results of our study. In the meantime, we will appreciate any further comments that might help us improve our procedure.
- The results of this survey will help us determine the best ways to store and retrieve the data. We will be happy to share a copy of the final report with you.
- As soon as we receive your answers, we will be able to start coverage on your entire family.
- Your answers will help us improve service to valued customers like yourself.
- a package of manufacturer's coupons
- a free copy of
- a gift package
- as many responses as possible
- as soon as we have completed
- as soon as we receive your answers
- expect to publish the results
- help us to improve our service
- help us to determine
- if you would like to receive
- improve our procedure
- in accordance with the results
- plan to modify our
- receive a copy of
- results of this study
- will be of great help to
- will be of benefit to
- will be happy to send you
- will prove to be of significant value to
- will share the results with
3. Express appreciation for the reader's cooperation. Indicate the date by which you need a response. Enclose a stamped, self-addressed envelope for return of the survey or questionnaire.
- When you finish, please return the questionnaire in the self-addressed, postage-paid envelope by May 1. We appreciate your cooperation.
- I have enclosed a stamped, self-addressed envelope for your quick response. We hope to receive it by June 15. Your input is very important to us.
- I will be doubly appreciative if you can complete the questionnaire and return it in the enclosed envelope this week.
- Since we will be making decisions on November 1, we hope to have your response by then. Thank you for your cooperation.
- We will appreciate your help in meeting our January 1 deadline. We have enclosed a self-addressed, postage-paid envelope for your convenience.
- Could we have your completed survey by April 30, so we can meet our May printing deadline?
- Would you let us have your reply as soon as possible? Simply return it in the self-addressed envelope. We genuinely appreciate your answers.
- Enclosed for your convenience is a self-addressed envelope. We look forward to receiving your information.
- We will greatly appreciate your suggestions and look forward to your reply by September 30. Simply return the form in the enclosed self-addressed envelope.
- Receiving this information by August 15 will allow us to incorporate your views into the final report. We sincerely appreciate your assistance.
- We plan to have all the information assembled by February 14. Thank you for your assistance. We look forward to many years of rewarding cooperation with you.
- any suggestions you wish to offer will
- appreciate your cooperation
- appreciate your assistance
- could we have your completed survey by
- for your convenience
- for your response
- have enclosed a postage-paid envelope
- hope to receive your response by
- hope to complete our report by
- incorporate your views into
- input is very important to us
- look forward to receiving your
- our deadline is
- plan to have all our material assembled by
- please return the completed
- self-addressed, postage-paid envelope
- self-addressed, stamped envelope
- will be doubly appreciative if you can
- How to Write a Request Letter
- How to Write the Perfect Request Letter
- Request Letters Made Easy: 15 Tips
Try our Letter-Template Software Risk Free for 30-Days When You Buy at WriteExpress.com
If You’re Not Satisfied Return it for a Full Refund
1 $19.99 value free with purchase of our software for Windows (not Macintosh)
2 Free with purchase of our software for Windows (not Macintosh)