Unless there are reasons for qualifying your approval, express it unconditionally so the reader feels fully satisfied. If you cannot give full approval, soften the conditions while still giving approval.
1. Begin with a positive statement, informing the reader of the good news.
- Yes, I am happy to grant you permission to use my article in your forthcoming book.
- We are pleased to send you a transcript of the program that aired last week on "Meet the Governor."
- I am delighted to inform you that the Board has approved your request for promotion by a unanimous vote.
- Thank you for ordering the TX tiller from Doe Associates. Yes, we still have the 2001 models in stock. Your order is being shipped today by UPS.
- Congratulations! Your request for an extension has been approved!
- Thank you for informing us of your change of address. We will make the appropriate changes in all our mailings.
- After considering your insightful observations and request, we have decided to restructure the process as you suggested.
- am happy to
- am delighted to
- am only too happy to
- am honored that you asked
- are pleased to
- are able to fill your order for
- grant you permission to
- has been accepted by
- has approved this exception to
- has approved your request for
- have decided to
- to inform you
- to let you know that
- to be able to assist you with
- was an easy decision to
- will be happy to
- will be a pleasure to
- will make the appropriate changes
- will be able to
- your request has been approved
2. Reinforce the idea that what the person wants is valuable and worthwhile.
- I think your work will be a great help to students who will use the book. There really is no other like it on the market.
- The response from his constituents has been overwhelming. It seems that his plan will benefit all sectors of our society.
- This action is but one indication of the high regard in which you are held. We are confident that your service in this position will benefit us all.
- The Doe tiller has been shown to be the most versatile and dependable tiller in its price range. You have made a wise choice! The tiller will give you many years of worry-free service.
- We see that granting this request will help you produce a program that we can all be proud of.
- Keeping track of our clients is very important to us.
- We agree that it will be a significant aid to blind students.
- a mutually beneficial arrangement
- appears to be a positive move
- are certain that this will be
- are confident that
- hold you in high regard
- important to all of us
- it seems that this move will
- make a real difference to
- only too happy to assist you
- put us a step ahead
- sure that you will not regret
- trust that this will
- unique approach to
- useful addition to
- will be of great benefit to
- will be of significant assistance to
- will be an excellent addition to
- will benefit from
- will be a great help to
- will prove valuable to
- willingness to assume responsibility for
3. Encourage an ongoing relationship, if appropriate.
- I shall look forward to receiving a copy upon its publication.
- If you would like to be on our regular mailing list, simply fill out the enclosed card.
- We look forward to many more years of productive collaboration.
- Along with your tiller you will find a catalog of useful attachments. In the weeks ahead you will undoubtedly want to acquire some of them. We will be pleased to fill your needs promptly.
- Please keep us informed of your progress. We always look forward to your weekly reports.
- We want to keep you on our "Preferred Clients" list.
- Please feel free to suggest other ways in which we can be of service.
- I appreciate your insights. Please do not hesitate to request other changes that will improve the program.
- appreciate your insights
- contact me when
- could you meet with me on
- don't hesitate to
- happy to be of assistance
- hearing from you
- if you have any questions or concerns
- if you would like to
- keep us informed about
- look forward to
- many more years of
- on our mailing list
- other ways we can be of service
- please feel free to
- please let me know
- productive collaboration
- send me a revised copy
- share your suggestions
- will be pleased to
- working with you on this
- How to Write a Request Letter
- How to Write the Perfect Request Letter
- Request Letters Made Easy: 15 Tips
Try our Letter-Template Software Risk Free for 30-Days When You Buy at WriteExpress.com
If You’re Not Satisfied Return it for a Full Refund
1 $19.99 value free with purchase of our software for Windows (not Macintosh)
2 Free with purchase of our software for Windows (not Macintosh)