Be careful to make your letter a respectful request, and not a demand. Make sure you state your qualifications for the raise or promotion first, and then follow through with a reasonable request. Finally, base your request on your performance and progress alone.
1. Immediately state the reasons why you believe you are qualified to receive a promotion or a raise. Statements of your accomplishments will add credibility to your request.
- This month marks the completion of my first year of work at the Doe Corporation. During that time I have never missed a day, I have met every deadline, and have maintained excellent employee evaluation ratings.
- Over the past year, I streamlined and implemented the production process, which increased production by 14% and reduced annual operating expenses by more than $200,000.
- On March 2, I will receive my computer science degree with emphasis in mathematics from Doe University.
- Upon accepting my current position, I understood that you, as my immediate supervisor, would periodically evaluate my work for the purpose of granting a pay raise.
- Since John left, I have been fulfilling his responsibilities as well as my own and I feel I have handled the situation well.
- I have enjoyed working at the Doe Corporation and have been honored to have held the prestigious title of "Employee of the Year" for two consecutive years.
- Over the past year I have made several contributions which have led to a ten percent increase in profits.
- am already functioning in
- am already carrying the
- experience I have gained in
- gained significant experience in
- have just received
- have completed the
- have participated fully in
- have contributed to
- have now been working for
- have been recognized for
- in the position of
- made significant contributions toward
- marks the completion of
- my employee evaluations have been
- periodic evaluations of
- ready for further responsibilities
- responsibilities have increased
- the responsibilities of
- through difficult times
- was responsible for
- will shortly complete
2. In a respectful manner, request a promotion, a raise, or a salary and responsibility review.
- I believe that my education and the experience I have gained over the past two years warrant a pay increase.
- Since I am already training half of my department, I hope that you will consider advancing my official position to that of trainer and allow my salary to reflect the increased responsibility.
- I feel that I am capable of taking on the extra responsibility and respectfully request a promotion and salary raise.
- I request a review for the purpose of obtaining a pay increase.
- Since I have completed my introductory period, may we schedule an interview to discuss my performance and the possibility of a raise in my base salary?
- Based on the expertise I have gained over the past ten years, I wish to request the position of Department Supervisor, which John Doe will vacate at the end of this month.
- advance me to
- am capable of
- an increase in
- ask that you will
- could we schedule a
- hereby request a
- hope that you will consider
- in order to review my
- promote me to
- raise my salary
- request the position of
- request a review of
- request that you will
- respectfully request a
- seek advancement to
- to further the company's growth
- to a level commensurate with my
- warrants an increase in
- would serve the company well as
- would help the company to
3. Thank your reader for considering your request.
- Thank you for considering my request.
- Thank you for considering my petition.
- I will appreciate your evaluation.
- I look forward to receiving your response.
- Thank you for your efforts on my behalf.
- I will appreciate your attention to this matter.
- Thank you.
- I welcome your comments and am grateful for your consideration.
- Thank you for acknowledging my request.
- for your efforts on my behalf
- for considering my
- for your consideration of
- for taking the time to
- look forward to
- thank you
- thank you for
- to meeting with you
- to receiving your response
- to discussing this further
- will appreciate your
- will very much appreciate
- your consideration of this matter
- your attention to this matter
- your careful evaluation of
- How to Write a Request Letter
- How to Write the Perfect Request Letter
- Request Letters Made Easy: 15 Tips
Try our Letter-Template Software Risk Free for 30-Days When You Buy at WriteExpress.com
If You’re Not Satisfied Return it for a Full Refund
1 $19.99 value free with purchase of our software for Windows (not Macintosh)
2 Free with purchase of our software for Windows (not Macintosh)