This is one of the most important memos or letters you will write because it builds good will, respect, and cooperation. People need to be congratulated on their accomplishments, and appreciated for doing a good job. Extending congratulations and expressing appreciation will pay high dividends over the long term. Never underestimate the power of a sincere compliment.
1. Extend sincere congratulations or thanks for the job well done.
- Please convey our thanks to Ms. Doe, the insurance adjuster who helped us when our house flooded in May.
- I want to thank you for helping us complete our newsletter. You made all the difference in the world.
- Thank you for gathering all the data I needed for last Friday's presentation. I couldn't have done it without your help.
- Congratulations on doing a superb job of organizing our 4th of July celebration.
- You can be justly proud of the food drive that you organized last week for needy families in our community.
- Thank you for the kindness you have shown my mother while she has been convalescing in the Springfield Home for Seniors.
- My sincere thanks to all of you for making such a great effort to continue serving our customers during the strike.
- I want to thank you for making our so office festive for the Christmas party.
- Thanks for your excellent proposal on the bridge project.
- accept my sincere compliments on
- all your hard work paid off
- appreciate your diligence in
- appreciate your careful research
- can be proud of your
- certainly deserve the credit for
- congratulations on
- did a fine job
- did an excellent job of
- doing such a superb job of
- for the extra time you put in
- for your outstanding service to
- for the excellent
- for going the extra mile
- for making everything so
- on your accomplishments
- really extended yourself
- sincere thanks to all who
- thank you for
- was an extraordinary accomplishment
- would like to convey my thanks to
- would like to extend my congratulations
- your loyalty and devotion
2. Explain why the person's performance deserves commendation.
- She was prompt, considerate, and thorough, and she made sure that we received the repair money immediately. We couldn't have asked for better service.
- I have enclosed a copy of the final product so you can see how well it turned out. We've already received several compliments on the layout.
- Because of your efforts, hundreds of families who might otherwise go hungry will have food this winter.
- I especially appreciated your organizing the information according to the items on the agenda. Your efforts made my part easier.
- I know how much goes into these events, beginning with the parade and ending with the late evening fireworks. Everything seemed to go without a hitch.
- She has needed constant care, and you have been there to meet her needs in sensitive and considerate ways.
- I know that many of you literally went the extra mile to deliver goods that otherwise would have spoiled on our docks.
- The beautiful flowers and other decorations were a delightful surprise. And thank you for the clean-up on Saturday morning.
- Not only did you prepare it in record time, but you provided an impressively thorough plan.
- already received several compliments on
- are the envy of all the
- as a result of your efforts
- beat them to the punch
- best I have seen
- compliments have poured in
- could not have been better
- couldn't have asked for better
- everything went smoothly
- exceeded all expectations
- gave an immeasurable boost to
- helped a worthy cause
- in your usual considerate way
- is a superb illustration of
- just what we needed
- know how much goes into
- meticulous attention to detail
- not only did you
- performance was second to none
- ran without a hitch
- spectacular results of your
- thanks to you
- truly went beyond the call of duty
- turned out so well
- was most impressed by
- was a first-class affair
- went the extra mile in
- which otherwise would have
- will all reap great benefits from
3. End with a reinforcing, positive comment.
- This is one case in which the advertising is as important as the performance.
- Thanks again for helping us at this critical time.
- Each year the event becomes more impressive. Thanks from all of us.
- I am sure there are hundreds of people who would like to join me in saying "thank you" for a terrific job.
- We are fortunate to have you with us.
- Thanks for your support and dedication.
- Thanks again for continuing your excellent service.
- Thanks for your contribution to this important project.
- am completely satisfied with
- are very valuable to us
- are an asset to our
- couldn't have helped more
- delighted with the manner in which you
- feel fortunate to have you on our team
- for the part you played in
- for the service you rendered
- for helping us with
- happy about the excellent job
- having the work done so well
- hope you will consider
- is a pleasure to work with you
- is great having you on our team
- just what we needed
- look forward to
- merit the highest commendation
- please pass along our special thanks
- quality of your work reflects
- should be proud of your contribution
- thanks again for
- thanks from all of us
- to your next venture
- to contracting your services again
- would like to join me in saying "thank yo."
- your major contribution to
- your important contribution to
Try our Letter-Template Software Risk Free for 30-Days When You Buy at WriteExpress.com
If You’re Not Satisfied Return it for a Full Refund
1 $19.99 value free with purchase of our software for Windows (not Macintosh)
2 Free with purchase of our software for Windows (not Macintosh)