Make this letter relatively brief, but include enough information about the help or support given to let the reader know that you appreciated his or her efforts and that they were worthwhile.
1. Express your gratitude for the specific help or support you received.
- I want to thank you for your help in organizing the picnic last Saturday. It was a great success.
- Thanks for helping me get through that sensitive agenda yesterday. There were times when I felt you were the only one who understood the real issues.
- We couldn't have pulled off the celebration without your help.
- You will never know how much I have appreciated your kindness and consideration during these weeks when John has been in the hospital.
- As you know, the past few months have been very difficult for us, so I want to thank you for your patience while we got the store in order.
- I want you to know how much your words of encouragement last Sunday meant to me.
- Thank you for sponsoring our little league baseball team.
- Thank you for your willingness to serve on our annual fund raising committee.
- am grateful for
- am so grateful for
- appreciate your help
- appreciate your contribution to
- couldn't have pulled it off without you
- for your kindness
- for all the help you have given
- for your assistance in
- for your sensitivity
- for everything you've done
- for helping out
- for being there
- for your help
- help has been much appreciated
- how much we appreciate
- my thanks for
- so sensitive to the needs of
- thank you so much for
- thank you ever so much for
- thank you for
- thanks a million
- the support you have provided
- want you to know
- was especially appreciated
- you have been there for us
- your friendship
- your efforts on my behalf
2. If appropriate, add some specific details showing why the help or support was worthwhile.
- I especially appreciated your taking the initiative to organize the children's activities when I was called away on an emergency. Thank you very much.
- You were able to keep focused on the big picture while others were bogged down in minor details.
- You knew the right people to contact, the sequence of events, and how to finance the whole affair. Your experience really made a great difference.
- You have helped us in countless ways. It has been a great source of strength to have you to talk to, to say nothing of the driving, cleaning, and baby-sitting you have helped with.
- I know it caused some difficulty for you when we were unable to make each payment on time. Your patient and cooperative approach was a real blessing for us.
- As you know I have been struggling with my son at a time when I need to be away from home a lot. You gave me some good advice that seems to be working. I think we will slowly see some progress, if I can keep the proper attitude.
- The new uniforms are perfect. I am delighted at how much your generous donation lifted the spirits of these young people. As the season has progressed, we have seen other intangible benefits coming to these boys, too.
- We know from your performance last year that you are very effective in getting pledges from the businesses in our community. You seem to have a gift for encouraging generosity.
- appreciated your insights
- at a time when
- because of your help
- came through for us when
- can be proud of
- deserve most of the credit for
- especially appreciated your
- gave me some good advice
- great source of strength
- had the knowledge and experience I lacked
- has been a difficult time
- have helped us in countless ways
- have been struggling with
- helped us reach our goal
- if you hadn't been there
- knew exactly how to
- know it entailed some sacrifice for you
- made a big difference
- much of the credit goes to you
- offered sound advice
- really came to the fore
- seem to have a gift for
- to say nothing of the
- were a real blessing to us
3. Close with a final word of appreciation or anticipation of a future relationship.
- I am proud to have friends like you.
- I enjoy associating with you.
- I hope you will be available next year to act as our consultant.
- Things are better for us now, and we look forward to a productive year.
- Thanks for being such a good friend.
- We all thank you for your generous support.
- We are all glad that you are on our team.
- am so glad to
- am grateful for
- am sure you will succeed in
- appreciate our association
- best wishes for the future
- can always count on you
- devoted friends like you
- for all your help
- for being a good friend
- for your unwavering support
- for your generous support
- for everything you have done
- for your unfailing support
- have confidence in
- hope to return the favor
- hope we can do the same
- hope everything goes well
- if you knew how much you have helped
- in all your endeavors
- take you to lunch
- thank you for
- things are better for us now
- to have coworkers like you
- to have you on our team
- to have friends like you
- to be associated with
- were there when I needed you the most
Try our Letter-Template Software Risk Free for 30-Days When You Buy at WriteExpress.com
If You’re Not Satisfied Return it for a Full Refund
1 $19.99 value free with purchase of our software for Windows (not Macintosh)
2 Free with purchase of our software for Windows (not Macintosh)