It is in your best interest, as well as the company's, to keep internal communications frequent and relevant. This letter shows your concern for the task at hand, and it helps others monitor progress.
1. Establish a context for your letter. Mention the date the task was assigned, the reason for the report, and who made the assignment.
- On October 28, 2001, we received your memo concerning Model G's unacceptable failure rate. You instructed our office to redesign key components and to keep you posted on our progress.
- On April 12, 2001, Springfield Associates commissioned Doe Training to prepare an employee training manual.
- In response to the growing employee tardiness problem, you requested that the personnel department conduct a study of the reasons behind the problem and what we can do about it. You assigned this project to my office on June 29, 2001.
- Doe Corporation retained our CPA firm to conduct an annual independent audit of each division in the company.
- Because of the increasing political tensions in the area, John Doe assigned the strategic planning division the task of finding other potential sites for company offices in the Middle East.
- analyze the efficiency
- as per your request
- asked us to
- asked our team
- asked me to conduct
- assigned me the duty this year
- assigned the task of
- commissioned to prepare
- conduct a survey
- gave John the task
- given the availability of materials,
- John Doe requested that I conduct
- John asked me to follow through
- Jane recommended that I report on
- on March 2, 2001, Susan Doe was asked to
- our team was asked on August 28
- report you requested
- research the production efficiency
- supervise the progress
- survey by the managing team
- to conduct an annual progress report
2. Briefly summarize your response to the research and writing assignment.
- I researched the issue as you requested.
- Having obtained your approval for the project, we started preparing the necessary preliminary drawings on July 13. The design phase is now complete.
- Our staff has now completed a draft of the training manual you requested.
- We completed our assignment as specified.
- My team analyzed the problem and devised solutions.
- From the specifications and requirements you outlined in your request, we have prepared a proposal which we think will accomplish your goals.
- We have now completed our review of the western division of Doe Corporation for the year ending December 31, 2001.
- accomplish the goal in mind
- analyzed the situation
- approval for the project
- at your request, a report detailing possible solutions
- brief analytic report
- completed all parts except
- completed a draft
- explored some avenues to reach a solution
- finished the department review
- first draft shows
- focused on the task at hand
- followed through with
- fulfilled the requirement
- have completed the first part of
- have prepared
- met the requirements of the assignment
- our staff eagerly
- review of the year from
- succeeded in
- task, as specified, has been completed
- the preliminary findings
3. Tell the reader why you are sending the document at this time.
- Having completed the preliminary designs, we now submit this report for your approval.
- This document outlines our progress to date, including our current activities, and what remains to be done to bring the project to successful fruition.
- Before we can proceed to the next phase of the project, we need your approval. Please read the report and give us your reaction.
- This is our report.
- Our full report on the audit is attached.
- This report outlines our suggestions for eliminating the design problem.
- The enclosed draft of the Employee Handbook is now ready for your comments and approval.
- because of this deadline
- before we can proceed
- completed report for your review
- confirm the suggested approach
- copy of the report is enclosed
- details the outcome of
- for your consideration
- for your information
- full report indicating
- if you have any suggestions
- just to keep you updated
- outlines our current position
- pleased to now submit
- recently finished the study
- report outlines our progress
- second part will come later, after we have
- submitted for your approval
- this is our work
- would like your approval
4. Briefly summarize the document's contents or main conclusions.
- The training manual is divided into three major sections.
- This feasibility study discusses several possible strategies for constructing the new Springfield bridge, and offers engineering and cost analyses for each of the three alternatives.
- This is a proposal to provide engineering consulting services for the evaluation of earthquake damage to the Doe Building.
- This proposal, prepared at your request, outlines the scope of our project, the resources we will need to accomplish the task, and the projected cost.
- This report outlines the findings of our investigation and makes recommendations based on those findings.
- after thorough investigation, we found
- based on those findings
- compiled these data
- contains an accurate list
- for simple comprehension
- full list of
- in addition, it lists
- including a break-down of
- is mainly about
- is an indication of
- lists possible solutions
- maps out ideas concerning
- parts one and two focus on
- provides an analysis
- report detailing the occurrence of
- resources necessary to achieve
- results show that
- several possible strategies include
- statistics prove our supposition that
- study showed that
5. Discuss important questions, problems, or concerns, such as deadlines, design issues, or limitations that hindered the writing process or which come out in the report.
- Although the San Francisco office's work is impressive, we do not believe their design will achieve the desired results in three critical areas.
- As we worked on this proposal, we became increasingly concerned about the amount of money our client is allocating for the project in light of the quality he expects.
- The project seems to be pretty straightforward and we do not anticipate major problems at this stage.
- As we conducted the research, we became aware of several major problems that may adversely affect the cost and completion projections. We discuss these problems in the proposal.
- From our estimate of work-hour requirements, we have determined that all project objectives can be met for a not-to-exceed figure of $132,500.00. We propose a monthly billing system based on the number of hours my staff works.
- A loss of documents when an earthquake destroyed our facility in Japan delayed the work on this report.
- a few days after the deadline
- although there have been a few set-backs
- as you will notice
- became concerned about
- confident we can work out
- continue to feel confident about
- do not anticipate any problems
- due to an unexpected illness
- estimates showed
- extremely high rate
- have concerns regarding
- maintenance problems may affect the
- not a crisis
- problems with some of the personnel
- ran into some road-blocks while
- technicalities may have delayed our progress
- the designs failed to include
- there remains one important question
- to better accommodate the changes made
6. Express appreciation for help and/or indicate what action the reader should take next.
- We will appreciate your comments and suggestions during the course of the project.
- Thank you for your helpful suggestions and comments.
- Please read the manuscript and note problems and concerns. If we could have it back by Friday, July 23, we will be able to make corrections and prepare the final draft before August 1, 2002, the project deadline.
- We look forward to your response and appreciate this opportunity to bid on the project.
- We look forward to working on this project and are eager to start.
- any corrections you wish to make
- appreciate your help
- await your comments
- eager to start
- excited to begin working
- feel free to make suggestions
- for your help in this effort
- grateful for your assistance
- indicate what changes we should make
- look forward to
- looking forward to working with you
- make a copy if necessary
- please review the report
- return within two weeks
- return to us for final editing
- send us notice as to
- thank you for your assistance
- to make final corrections
- welcome your comments and suggestions
- working with you on this project
Try our Letter-Template Software Risk Free for 30-Days When You Buy at WriteExpress.com
If You’re Not Satisfied Return it for a Full Refund
1 $19.99 value free with purchase of our software for Windows (not Macintosh)
2 Free with purchase of our software for Windows (not Macintosh)