Teachers sometimes send welcome messages to students who are registered for the coming semester or course of study. Such letters help students feel at ease about the class, and also give the teacher an opportunity to communicate essential information.
1. Start with a warm and sincere welcome, confirming the wisdom of the student's choice of school or course.
- Let me welcome you in advance to the Smith Management Seminar to be held at the Doe Center, Springfield, Kansas, on March 10, 2002. Your two-week training session will be conducted by experienced professionals who will teach you the Smith Management Method and offer you the benefit of their years of practical experience.
- Congratulations on being accepted to the Doe Academy, the top co-ed military school in the state. We are looking forward to seeing you and your parents at orientation on August 3, 2002.
- Welcome to Doe School.
- Welcome to third grade. We have an exciting year planned.
- We are delighted to welcome you as a participant in the seminar.
- Welcome to Springfield High, home of the Cougars.
- We appreciate your selecting the Doe Management School to train your employees.
- We are always pleased to welcome new clients to the Doe Training Institute.
- Thanks for your trust and confidence in Doe Training Seminars.
- a participant in
- a new student in our class
- always a pleasure to
- appreciate your selecting
- are sure you will
- congratulations on
- delighted to welcome you as a
- experienced professionals will conduct
- for enrolling in our
- for your confidence in
- have made the right choice
- have years of experience in
- let me welcome you to
- look forward to
- offer you the benefit of
- on being accepted into
- our faculty is
- thank you for
- to train your employees
- to having you in the class
- to seeing you at orientation on
- want to offer my warmest welcome to
- welcome to
- welcome new students to
- will teach you the
2. If the course is very brief, and the participants are traveling some distance to get there, discuss transportation and lodging arrangements, and offer relevant help or advice.
- The Doe Center is in downtown Springfield, just off freeway Exit 94. We have made discount arrangements with all of the major hotels. Many of them are within easy walking distance of the Center.
- The airport limousine service comes directly to the Springfield Hotel, or you can take a taxi or bus into town.
- Most of the hotels have courtesy van service to and from the airport. Use the courtesy telephone by the baggage claim area to request service.
- We have a block of rooms reserved at the Doe Inn, and our representatives will meet you at the airport upon your arrival. They will be holding a red sign with the Doe logo.
- Those of you who have notified us of your arrival times will be picked up at the airport. The driver, carrying a red sign with a Doe logo, will meet you at the baggage claim area.
- all of the major hotels
- by the baggage claim area
- can identify our representative by the
- can take the taxi or bus
- check the courtesy telephone board
- comes directly to the
- easy walking distance to
- have reserved a
- have made arrangements with
- have courtesy shuttle service
- just off of freeway exit
- made reservations at the local
- many of them are within
- meet you at the baggage claim area
- notify us of your arrival time
- our representatives will meet you
- the airport limousine service
- to and from the airport
- upon your arrival
- will be picked up at
3. Preview the course content, perhaps offering a syllabus as an enclosure. Discuss how the reader can obtain required books and materials for the class, and suggest useful prior reading which will make the course material more accessible or understandable.
- Enclosed is a copy of the syllabus for the seminar listing the topics to be covered.
- We have an exciting science unit coming up and will be studying the planets of our solar system.
- You will receive the required books and materials on the first day of class.
- The required books (see attached list) are readily available at most college bookstores. You can obtain the books now and start reading them, or you can purchase them here when you arrive.
- The seminar moves rapidly and builds on information you received in the prerequisite courses.
- Please note the required courses for 9th grade students.
- If you want to be enrolled in Honors English, be sure to read Jane Austin's Pride and Prejudice before the first day of class.
- If you have not yet read the standard prerequisite material, please obtain a copy and read it thoroughly before the seminar.
- Because we have a lot of ground to cover in a limited time, I would like to begin discussing Doe's book during the first class session. Please read it and be prepared to talk about it.
- I am contacting all of the students enrolled in my Electrical Engineering 435 Seminar for fall semester to give them a preview of the course and to help them get started on the reading.
- I would like you to think about a topic for your senior research project. If you are ready to submit a proposal for it during the first week of class, your semester will be much less hectic.
- a list of required reading
- am enclosing a copy of
- are readily available at
- at Back to School Night
- available from most college bookstores
- be prepared to discuss
- builds on knowledge you gained
- come prepared to
- during the first week of class
- during the first class session
- get a head start on your reading
- have a great deal of ground to cover
- if you have not yet read
- listing the topics to be covered
- need to be familiar with
- obtain a copy of
- required books and materials
- see the attached list
- the first day of class
- the course will cover
- the prerequisite courses
- think about a topic for
- this class will focus on
- will be learning about
- will need the following supplies
- would like you to
4. Offer to answer questions and express anticipation of a good semester, class, or course.
- I look forward to seeing you in class on the 25th.
- I look forward to a good semester and will see you on the 25th. If you have any questions about the course, please contact me.
- Please do not hesitate to call if you have questions about the training seminar.
- Our trained and experienced staff is here to answer your questions and to make sure that your course is worth the time and money you put into it.
- We welcome your questions, comments, and suggestions.
- We will be happy to answer any questions. You can reach us during business hours by calling 555-5555. Of course we would also like to hear your success stories.
- I will be available to answer your questions.
- My job is to make sure that you are completely satisfied with our training course; therefore, if you have any questions, comments, problems, or requests, please call me at once on my direct line, 555-5555.
- answer any questions
- are very proud of our
- as your instructor
- available to answer your questions
- can reach me by calling
- come by my office
- don't hesitate to call
- during business hours
- here to answer your questions
- if you have any problems or requests
- if you have any questions about
- look forward to
- my office hours are
- our trained and experienced staff is
- please contact me
- seeing you in class on
- take great pride in our
- to a great year at
- to a valuable seminar
- welcome your questions, comments, and suggestions
- will see you on the
- will be available to
- will be happy to
- worth the time and money you put into it
Try our Letter-Template Software Risk Free for 30-Days When You Buy at WriteExpress.com
If You’re Not Satisfied Return it for a Full Refund
1 $19.99 value free with purchase of our software for Windows (not Macintosh)
2 Free with purchase of our software for Windows (not Macintosh)