Responses to informal invitations should be brief, but should also convey a sense of warmth and enthusiasm. Repeat the important details of the event in order to avoid confusion and misunderstanding later.
1. Graciously announce that you accept the invitation with pleasure and then confirm the date, time, and location of the event.
- How wonderful of you to invite John and me to dinner at your house on Saturday. We will be there at six o'clock sharp.
- I was very pleased to receive your invitation. I will be thrilled to come to Jane's bridal shower on Monday evening at five o'clock.
- We are pleased to tell you that we will be able to meet you for lunch at the Springfield Inn on Sunday. We will see you at noon.
- I am happy to say that I am free on Tuesday evening at seven o'clock to eat a light dinner and attend the theater with you.
- Nothing would give me more pleasure than to attend your piano recital on Thursday, March 15. It begins at four o'clock in the afternoon, so I wonder if I might take you to dinner afterwards.
- Thank you for the invitation. We accept and will meet you at the club at one o'clock.
- Mr. Doe and I will be happy to accept your kind invitation to your dinner party at seven o'clock on Friday the nineteenth.
- It was very thoughtful of you to invite us to your home for refreshments.
- Thank you so much for thinking of our family. We accept your invitation to visit your home in Springfield this coming weekend.
- I was very pleased to receive your phone invitation to go to the opera Friday evening. I accept and will meet you at eight o'clock.
- I will be very happy to join you for breakfast at the Springfield Club to discuss the itinerary for our meeting on Tuesday.
- My wife and I will be more than happy to attend your 50th wedding anniversary dinner on Wednesday, August 13.
- Your invitation is most welcome, and I will be happy to attend the wedding breakfast on February 15, at ten o'clock at the Springfield Reception Hall.
- am happy to accept
- am delighted to accept
- am looking forward to
- am happy to say that I am free on
- are pleased to accept
- for remembering us
- for inviting us to
- for thinking of our family
- for the invitation to
- how kind of you to invite
- how thoughtful of you to invite
- nothing would give me more pleasure than
- thank you for
- thank you so much for
- thoughtful of you to invite us
- to receive an invitation to
- to join you for
- to meet you for
- touched by your kindness
- was very pleased to receive
- was delighted to receive
- what a delightful surprise to
- will be thrilled to come to
- will be happy to attend
- will be very happy to join you for
- will be able to
- will meet you at
- will be more than happy to
- will be happy to accept
- would very much like to
- your invitation to
- your kind invitation to
2. Express your anticipation of an enjoyable time.
- We always enjoy the time we spend with you and John.
- I am eager to become better acquainted.
- We look forward to spending time with you and your family.
- I look forward to meeting with you again.
- It will be a pleasure to finally meet your family.
- We eagerly anticipate celebrating the occasion with you.
- I must say that I am looking forward to meeting you and your colleagues.
- It has been a long time since we have spent time together. We are very excited to see you.
- It sounds like fun!
- We appreciate this last opportunity to visit with you before we move next week.
- It will be a new experience for me, and I am looking forward to it.
- always enjoy the time we spend with you
- am sure we will enjoy the
- am eager to
- am looking forward to
- anticipate a delightful
- appreciate this opportunity to
- are such good friends
- are very excited about
- celebrating this joyous occasion
- has been a long time since
- have a lot to talk about
- look forward to
- sounds like fun
- to meeting your
- to seeing you again
- to spending time with you
- to become better acquainted with
- will be a new experience for
- will be a pleasure to
- will be good to