Always accept a resignation with dignity and a positive tone, no matter what the circumstances. If you regret the loss of the employee, but have a positive feeling about the arrangement, allow the letter to express your sincere regret. Otherwise, omit any personal statements.
1. In a dignified and courteous manner, accept the resignation and name the position the employee will be leaving, as well as when the employee will officially terminate employment. If appropriate, thank the employee for giving proper notice.
- I am very sorry to hear that you will be leaving your position as customer service representative this coming June, but I want to thank you for giving me sufficient advance notice so that I can find a qualified replacement.
- On behalf of management, I hereby accept your resignation, effective Thursday, November 15.
- I received your resignation this morning and, as you requested, will grant it immediately. However, I would like to arrange a meeting with you to discuss your reasons for leaving Doe International on such short notice.
- I was both saddened and pleased to learn of the job offer that you recently received from Doe Corporation as their new advertising representative. Of course, it is an offer that you cannot turn down. I am only sorry that we do not have a similar position for you here in our firm. I therefore accept your resignation as graphic designer, effective March 1.
- Doe Corporation accepts your resignation and regretfully releases you from your duties effective two weeks from today. We thank you for giving adequate notice of your decision to leave the company.
- We are sorry that you are leaving your position as fabrication operator and regretfully accept your resignation.
- Your resignation as senior editor has come as quite a shock, but I accept it and understand that your last day will be Friday, March 2.
- With great regret, I accept your resignation from your maintenance position here at Doe Aeronautics.
- a wonderful opportunity
- accept your resignation effective
- accept your resignation from
- am only sorry that
- as you have requested
- has come as quite a shock
- a most attractive offer
- leaving your position as
- on behalf of management
- received your resignation
- regret that you will be leaving, but
- regretfully accept your resignation
- regretfully release you from your duties, effective
- respect your decision to leave
- sorry to lose you
- sorry that you are leaving your position as
- such short notice
- thank you for giving us sufficient advance notice
- thank you for giving adequate notice
- you will be leaving us
- to discuss your reasons for leaving
- two weeks from today
- understand your reasons for leaving
- understand your last day will be
- very sorry to hear that
- with great regret
- would like to meet with you to
- your decision to leave the company
2. Compliment the employee on some aspect of the services he or she rendered.
- I have really appreciated seeing your enthusiasm as you completed your daily tasks.
- Our customers have grown to trust and respect you.
- If you need a letter of recommendation, I will be more than happy to supply one. You have been a valuable asset to our team.
- We will never forget the many hours you spent working beyond your assigned duties.
- Your work has always been efficient and careful.
- I appreciate the contributions you have made to our sales department.
- Thank you for your years of faithful service and valuable cooperation even during the rough times this corporation has endured.
- You have accomplished a great deal during your tenure with us. I want you to know that I give you full credit for developing and organizing this company's marketing branch.
- We will remember your contributions long after your departure.
- a letter of recommendation
- above and beyond your specified duties
- always punctual and efficient
- always ready to assist
- appreciate your contributions to
- as you completed your daily tasks
- benefited from your
- customers have grown to
- during your tenure with us
- efficient and careful
- even during the rough times
- for your years of faithful service
- for developing and organizing
- you have been a valuable asset to
- we have really appreciated seeing your
- you have accomplished a great deal
- you have been a valued employee
- we have appreciated your
- if you should need a
- thank you for all your efforts
- the many hours you spent
- want you to know that
- will remember your contributions
- will be happy to
- will miss your work ethic
- your work has always been exemplary
3. Wish the employee future success. If appropriate, express personal sentiments.
- We wish you the best possible future.
- The best of luck to you.
- May you have continued success in your career.
- The new job should be perfect for you. Please accept our best wishes for even further success in your career.
- I give you my warmest personal regards and deepest gratitude.
- I am sure that I can speak for everyone here at Doe Corporation when I say that we will miss you.
- I value your friendship. Please keep in touch.
- We will miss you at the office but wish you well as you take on your new responsibilities.
- all that you hoped it would be
- all that you envisioned
- as you take on your new responsibilities
- continued success in your career
- deserve all the success that comes your way
- exceed your expectations
- feel confident that
- give you my best personal regards
- have valued your friendship
- hope that you will
- in your new job
- keep in touch
- my best wishes for
- please accept our best wishes for
- sure that I can speak for everyone here when I say
- the best of luck to you
- the new job should be perfect for you
- you will succeed admirably
- we will all miss you
- we will miss you at the office
- we wish you every success
- we wish you the best possible future
- we wish you well
Still can't find the right words for your acceptance letter?
You will with our 500 letter-writing tutorials!
- Find the acceptance letter that fits your needs and copy it directly into Microsoft Word or your favorite word processor.
- Or let our 500 letter-writing tutorials guide you step-by-step through the writing process, suggesting sample phrases and sentences for each writing step. In minutes, you can write an effective acceptance letter.
- Print your acceptance letter and send it!