Your written acceptance should be brief and it should maintain an enthusiastic tone while repeating the important details of the invitation.
1. Express thanks for the invitation.
- I will happily join you for breakfast at the Springfield Country Club to discuss the itinerary for our meeting on Tuesday.
- I am delighted that you would like to meet with me to discuss the use of office space.
- I will be more than happy to see you when I reach Springfield.
- I will be glad to go over the details with you about our contract with the semiconductor firm in Springfield.
- Thank you for returning my call and setting an appointment with me through my secretary. I am sorry I was out of the office when you called.
- I want to thank you for making an appointment to interview me on the difficulties of being a single working mother.
- I want to express my most sincere gratitude for taking this problem seriously and inviting me to discuss it with you at your home tomorrow evening.
- a good chance to go over
- am looking forward to
- am happy to accept
- appreciate an opportunity to
- be more than happy to
- discuss the itinerary for
- for the invitation to
- go over the details with you
- inviting me to discuss
- thank you for
- to discuss the
- to join you for
- to meet with you
- want to express my appreciation
- want to thank you for
- was delighted to receive
- was very pleased to receive
- will be very happy to
- will be delighted to
- will be glad to
- would very much like to
- your invitation to
2. Restate the details about the meeting such as the date, time, and location.
- John Doe and I plan to attend the meeting you have planned for January 9, at 9:30 a.m.
- What a coincidence! I have another meeting in Springfield during the first week of October, so that would be a great time for you to show me the new developments at the Springfield site.
- November 20, at 10:30 a.m. is ideal for us.
- I would appreciate a call two weeks prior to your visit so that we can compare schedules and select a mutually acceptable time for our meeting.
- I plan to attend the meeting on February 2 at 9:00 a.m. sharp.
- You can count on my presence in the board meeting room at 10 o'clock sharp.
- a mutually acceptable time
- at the conference center
- at the same time as
- at the site
- can count on my being there
- definitely plan to
- during the first week of
- expect to learn a great deal about
- have cleared my calendar for
- in your office
- look forward to
- plan to attend the
- prepare a short presentation on
- so that we can compare schedules
- the meeting you have planned for
- will call you before
- will cancel all other appointments
- will be prepared to
- will plan to
- would be a good time for you to
- would be ideal for us
3. State that you look forward to the meeting.
- I look forward to meeting with you again.
- I must say that I am looking forward to meeting you and your colleagues.
- It will be a new experience for me and I look forward to it.
- I have many exciting things to show you about our company. We have come a long way in the last five years.
- I am eager to learn about the new surgical techniques.
- I am quite interested in family history and will be happy to show you how to develop your own charts.
- I look forward to our meeting.
- I am anxious to travel to Springfield and see the new developments there.
- a valuable experience for me
- am very interested in
- am eager to
- am looking forward to
- an opportunity to
- appreciate the help you and your staff
- as we discussed
- come a long way since
- have many exciting things to show you
- look forward to
- see the new developments
- this exciting opportunity
- to meeting you and your colleagues
- to show you how we
- to meeting with you again
- to learn about the new
- to learning more about
- travel to Springfield
- will be happy to
- will be mutually beneficial
Still can't find the right words for your acceptance letter?
You will with our 500 letter-writing tutorials!
- Find the acceptance letter that fits your needs and copy it directly into Microsoft Word or your favorite word processor.
- Or let our 500 letter-writing tutorials guide you step-by-step through the writing process, suggesting sample phrases and sentences for each writing step. In minutes, you can write an effective acceptance letter.
- Print your acceptance letter and send it!