A brief letter acknowledging an employee's suggestion is a good investment in company growth and employee morale. You may wish to meet personally with the employee to get a full explanation of the suggestion. If you are responding by e-mail, you might send copies, including the original suggestion, to other interested persons. Send the letter within a day or two of receiving the suggestion.
1. Thank the employee for the suggestion. Make sure the employee understands which suggestion you are acknowledging.
- Thank you for your suggestion about modifying our accounting procedures. It appears that your idea may save us all considerable time and money.
- Your suggestion about monitoring the progress of our development team might be just what we have been looking for.
- Thank you for taking the time to communicate your ideas on how we can make the retirement plan more appealing.
- Thanks for your suggestion regarding a more efficient way to handle mailings. We are always open to new ideas.
- Your idea for streamlining the admissions process is brilliant. I wish I had thought of it myself.
- I appreciate your suggestion that we eliminate the requirement for a second examination. I think everyone would benefit in the end.
- Employees' suggestions are always welcome. Thanks for your insights regarding how we might improve the safety of our machine shops.
- I commend you for your insight and initiative in submitting a plan for improving our marketing strategy.
- always welcome employees' suggestions
- am always grateful for
- appreciate your suggesting that
- are always looking for ways to
- are always open to new ideas
- commend you for your initiative
- for your suggestion
- for taking the time to
- for submitting your suggestion that we
- for being willing to
- for your insights into
- thank you for
- to build morale
- to streamline our processes
- to improve efficiency
- to share your insights
- to save time and money
- to communicate your ideas regarding
- to take the trouble to
- was pleased to receive your
- your suggestion regarding
2. Explain how you or others will consider the employee's suggestion, and when he or she can expect a reply.
- I will discuss your idea with the vice presidents and get back to you with a decision within a week or two.
- I am sending copies of your proposal to each of the division heads. After they respond, I will let you know whether we will implement this procedure.
- I will run your suggestion past our legal counsel to see what the implications of such changes may be. I should be able to respond within the month.
- I will present your suggestion in our next executive meeting and let you know by memo how the committee wants to handle the issue.
- We will consider your suggestion along with several others at our next meeting and will announce our decision in the weekly newsletter.
- I have asked the foreman to consider your suggestion and respond to me by May 1. I will let you know what we decide as soon as possible after that.
- We considered this idea in the past, but turned it down because we lacked room for the expansion. Perhaps the time has come to reconsider. I will let you know what we decide in a week or two.
- We will notify you of our decision within thirty days.
- We have reviewed your suggestion thoroughly and have decided to implement it June 1.
- after thorough review
- along with several other suggestions
- as soon as possible
- at their next meeting
- have sent copies of your proposal to
- need to examine all the ramifications of
- next meeting will be on
- should be able to
- should reach a decision by
- to give you a response by
- will inform you
- will run your suggestion past
- will let you know
- will submit this to
- will get back to you
- will pass this on to
- will be announced on
- will discuss your idea with
- will be discussing this issue
- will notify you of our decision within
- will consider your suggestion
- will be discussed in our next
- will present your suggestion to
3. Express sincere appreciation for the employee's idea, insight, or suggestion.
- We depend on the efficiency of people like you to keep us competitive in today's market.
- I commend you for your thoughtful concern for the safety of your fellow workers.
- We greatly appreciate the time and effort you have put into this suggestion. We will award a cash prize of $200 to the employee who submits the best suggestion this month. Good luck!
- Thank you for helping us solve a problem that has troubled us for some time.
- Thanks for the innovative idea. I am placing a letter of commendation in your file, which I hope will benefit you in your career.
- Our sincere thanks. We will note your suggestion in our newsletter.
- commend you for your
- depend on employees like you
- for sharing your ideas
- for taking the time to
- greatly appreciate your
- helping us to find a solution to
- in recognition of
- of people like you
- our sincere thanks for
- placing a letter of commendation in your file
- rely on the innovative thinking of
- thank you for
- the thought and effort you put into
- the many contributions you make to
- to keep us competitive in today's market
- will note your suggestion in our newsletter
- your thoughtful concern
- your insight into
- your willingness to
- your dedication to