This is an upbeat letter that builds good will in a group while focusing attention on a specific person. It can motivate others to achieve the same recognition.
1. Announce the winner of the contest.
- Ms. Jane Doe is the winner of the <em>Sky's the Limit</em> sales contest.
- I am pleased to announce that John Doe is the winner of our monthly promotion contest.
- The winner of our<em>Employee of the Month</em> award is Jane Doe.
- We take pleasure in announcing that John Doe is the winner of this year's <em>Best Suggestion</em> award.
- We are happy to announce that Jane Doe has just won the <em>Young Artists</em> contest.
- after careful consideration
- are happy to announce that
- are thrilled to announce that
- category winner is
- has won our
- is the winner of
- it was a very close finish but the
- it is a pleasure for us to announce that
- our grand prizewinner is
- pleased to announce that
- really deserved this award
- sent in the winning entry
- take pleasure in announcing that
- the judges' unanimous choice was
- the prize goes to
- the judges have chosen
- the contest winner is
- the first prize goes to
- the winner is our own
- the lucky winner
- the winner of our
2. Explain what the winner did to win.
- By exceeding fiscal year sales of anyone in her department, Jane has set a new standard for us all.
- Jane not only topped the charts with $60,000 in sales, but she also composed an effective jingle that we plan to use on our TV spot.
- Robert produced the interface for our new phonetic program in less than two weeks--something of a record in itself.
- John's suggestion that we consolidate parts of our assembly procedure will reduce our response time by fifteen percent.
- The judges selected his drawing expressing the diversity of our staff as <em>best in show.</em>
- Jane's efforts resulted in opening 40 new accounts.
- by exceeding the sales of
- careful attention to detail
- certainly put her heart and soul into her entry
- completed the puzzle correctly
- composed an effective jingle
- efforts resulted in
- endearing photograph will be reproduced in our
- her thought-provoking essay on
- his poster illustrating the
- interpretation of the contest theme was
- made all the difference
- most ingenious solution to
- portfolio revealed a very talented young
- produced the interface for our
- raised the most money
- selected his drawing depicting
- sent in the first correct entry drawn
- set a new standard for us all
- sold the most
- suggestion that we
- to the problem we presented
- topped the charts with
- will reduce our response time by
- wrote a delightful description of
3. Explain what the winner will receive.
- Jane will receive a $500.00 cash bonus and a weekend stay for two at Doe Beach.
- For his outstanding performance, John will receive an all-expense-paid trip for two to Hawaii.
- Jane will receive two airline tickets to any place in the world.
- Michael will receive a $100.00 gift certificate, and his work will be featured in the municipal art show in the fall.
- For her outstanding accomplishment, Jane will receive a cash bonus of $500.00.
- a cash bonus of
- a scholarship worth
- a savings bond
- a cash prize of
- a dream vacation at
- a shopping trip anywhere in
- an all-expenses-paid trip to
- and her whole family will be able to
- be invited to
- for his excellent performance
- for her outstanding accomplishment
- have the opportunity to
- have his work displayed at
- his school will receive a
- prize will be a
- this significant accomplishment
- use her drawing in our
- weekend stay for two at
- will be published in
- will receive a
- will get to attend the
- work will be featured in
4. Congratulate the winner.
- Our congratulations to Jane on a job well done.
- Please join me in congratulating John on his accomplishment.
- On behalf of Doe Associates, I extend sincere congratulations to Jane on this happy occasion.
- Our sincere congratulations to Robert on this accomplishment, and our thanks to him for his dedication.
- We congratulate Suzanne on this achievement. We feel this is but the beginning of many good things to come.
- Congratulations! We are pleased to have you with us!
- a promising future
- all entries achieved a high standard
- combination of talent and dedication
- confidently expect a
- congratulate all our participants
- congratulations to
- extend sincere congratulations
- hope we will hear a great deal more from
- impressed by the quality of all the
- join me in congratulating
- many good things to come
- no losers in this contest
- on this happy occasion
- on a job well done
- on this achievement
- on behalf of
- our congratulations to
- outstanding entry
- the first of many achievements
- this significant accomplishment
- this excellent performance
- want to thank him for
Still can't find the right words for your announcement letter?
You will with our 500 letter-writing tutorials!
- Find the announcement letter that fits your needs and copy it directly into Microsoft Word or your favorite word processor.
- Or let our 500 letter-writing tutorials guide you step-by-step through the writing process, suggesting sample phrases and sentences for each writing step. In minutes, you can write an effective announcement letter.
- Print your announcement letter and send it!