This announcement is an effective way of informing employees of a special function. It is an invitation with an implicit expectation.
1. Announce the party or retreat, its time, date, and location. Also state who is invited.
- Plan on an evening of good food, dancing, conversation, and Christmas Spirit on December 18, at 7:30 p.m. at the Springfield Hotel.
- Be sure to mark your calendar for our September 11 faculty planning retreat. We will meet in the Doe's canyon home from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., when our partners will join us for dinner.
- In celebration of meeting our first-quarter goals, I am pleased to announce a company party to be held at the Doe Resort Friday and Saturday, June 4 and 5. We want this to be a weekend affair, so some of you may wish to make it a campout. If so, please notify Jane Doe, so she can reserve space for you.
- We are looking forward to another productive retreat this year. Please take note:
- WHEN: Monday-Friday, August 5-9, 2002<br />WHERE: Doe Lake Resort<br />WHY: To develop next year's operational plan
- John and I are pleased to announce that we will hold our annual company picnic on Friday, July 7, from 11 a.m. until 4 p.m. at the Springfield Park. All employees and their partners are invited.
- This year's Christmas party will be held in the main cafeteria on Friday, December 20, from 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. All full-time employees are invited.
- Join us for the annual July 4 picnic in the park. This year we will hold it at Doe Park, 1600 Main Street in Springfield. Families are invited.
- I am happy to extend a personal invitation to each of you and your partners to join us for our annual banquet. This year it will take place at the Doe Inn at the junction of Highway 89 and Doe Avenue.
- a personal invitation to each of you
- all full-time employees
- am happy to extend
- annual company picnic
- annual planning retreat
- another productive retreat
- are looking forward to another
- are all invited
- bring your family
- each employee and one guest
- families are invited
- guests join us for
- in recognition of
- in celebration of
- it's time to celebrate our
- join us for the
- mark your calendars
- our company banquet
- party to be held at
- party in honor of
- pleased to announce a
- spouses are invited
- this year's party will be held on
- will be held in the
- will hold this year's
- will meet at
2. Outline what you hope to accomplish. Consider attaching an agenda or a schedule of activities.
- Getting away from the telephones will help us concentrate on the revision of the curriculum, a job that seems to elude us in our otherwise busy schedules.
- Picnic lunches will be provided for everyone. After lunch there will be a choice of social mixing or outdoor recreational activities such as tennis, softball, horseshoes, and swimming. At 5:00 p.m. we will hold a special drawing for a color television.
- This is our best opportunity to focus our attention on finalizing next year's operational plan. An agenda of items for discussion is attached.
- We hope that all employees will take advantage of this event to get better acquainted and to relax from their hectic schedules. A cash bar opens at 4:00 p.m. Dinner will begin at 5:30 p.m.
- The company will provide soft drinks, hamburgers, potato chips, and ice cream. Persons wanting to bring their own grills are welcome to do so. Enclosed is a list of optional activities that the children may enjoy. Let's all have fun!
- At the banquet we will announce the winners of our productivity contest and explain our new corporate structure.
- choice of activities
- company will provide
- dinner will be served at
- discuss goals and objectives
- each family bring a
- from our busy schedules
- fun for the kids
- getting away from
- help us to concentrate on
- hold a special drawing for
- hope that all employees will
- list of optional activities
- lunches will be provided
- our best opportunity to
- outdoor recreational activities
- potluck meal
- see the attached agenda
- take advantage of this event to
- to focus our attention on
- to get better acquainted
- will begin at
- will provide the barbecue
- will explain our new
- will announce the
3. Inform the participants of any materials, equipment, or special clothing they may need. If the retreat is in a hotel or conference center, include a brochure, and provide other information such as check-in times, room assignments, meals, and a map to the location.
- We suggest that you wear sturdy shoes and bring some rain gear. If you would like to bring softball equipment, please feel free to do so.
- The Lake Resort is located several miles off the main highway. A brochure, with a map to the area, is enclosed. Reservations have already been made for each of you, so simply report at the check in desk.
- Because the area tends to have mosquitoes this time of year, we do recommend that you bring insect repellant.
- Feel free to come in costume.
- This is a time to relax, so dress casually.
- The suggested dress for the banquet is Sunday best.
- a time to relax
- a map is enclosed
- are welcome to bring
- be sure to bring swimming gear
- bring along some
- come prepared for a
- come rain or shine
- company will cover all costs
- do not recommend that you
- each family bring a
- feel free to
- just report to
- rainy weather alternative
- reservations have been made
- simply check in at the
- suggest that you plan on
- suggest that you wear
- suggested dress for the
- the resort is located
- will be formal
- will have some unscheduled time
- will supply the
- would be very welcome
4. Tell the reader how to respond.
- If for some reason you are unable to attend, be sure to send someone who can represent you.
- Please inform your division supervisor by Friday whether you will be joining us.
- So that we can plan for the event, please sign up in the main office, indicating how many will accompany you.
- John Doe has a sign up sheet in his office.
- Please RSVP before June 30 by calling Jane Doe at 555-5555.
- We need a good count of both children and adults, so call Jane Doe with your numbers before June 30.
- be sure to send a representative
- can RSVP by phone
- count of both children and adults
- has a sign up sheet
- how many will be staying for
- if you are unable to attend
- indicate how many will attend
- just return the attached
- make sure your department is represented
- need an accurate count of participants by
- need to know how many
- numbers for the caterer
- please pick up tickets for
- please sign up in the
- please RSVP before
- please let us know
- send an assistant
- so that we can plan for
- whether a guest of your choice will be joining us
- whether you will attend
- who will attend the
Still can't find the right words for your announcement letter?
You will with our 500 letter-writing tutorials!
- Find the announcement letter that fits your needs and copy it directly into Microsoft Word or your favorite word processor.
- Or let our 500 letter-writing tutorials guide you step-by-step through the writing process, suggesting sample phrases and sentences for each writing step. In minutes, you can write an effective announcement letter.
- Print your announcement letter and send it!