This is a brief letter to let family and friends know of the occasion and to invite them to participate.
1. Explain what is taking place, and invite the reader(s) to participate.
- We are happy to announce that Eric will graduate from Doe College on May 26. Commencement services will be at 10:00 a.m. in the Doe Auditorium. We will serve a luncheon at our home afterwards, and we hope you can join us.
- John and I are planning a special get-together to celebrate Ashley's graduation from nursing school. We will meet at the Doe Inn at 7:00 p.m. on Friday, May 26. We hope you can join us.
- We are pleased to announce that our son Eric will graduate on May 26. We are inviting friends to an informal get-together that evening at 7:00 p.m. in our back yard.
- Following in the footsteps of her sisters, Ashley will graduate from Doe College on May 26. You are invited to share this celebration with us. Exercises begin at 10:00 a.m. in the Doe Activities Center.
- We are giving a party at our house beginning at 9:00 p.m. next Friday, May 26, to celebrate Fred's graduation. We hope you can make it.
- an informal get-together
- are invited to a
- commencement exercises will start at
- following in the footsteps of
- happy to announce that
- honor his achievement
- hope you can make it
- join our celebration
- planning a special celebration
- services begin at
- to share this celebration with her
- to celebrate his graduation
- to celebrate her graduation from
- very pleased to announce
- will meet at the
- hope you can join us at the
- will have lunch at
- will be held at
- will graduate from
- will be holding a party
2. Comment on the impact or significance of the occasion.
- We are delighted to see this day come after all his hard work and sacrifice.
- She has worked hard and will graduate with honors. We are very proud of her.
- He has accepted a position with the Doe accounting firm in Springfield, so he will be relocating. We hope to give him a good send-off with our little gathering.
- He is the latest in a long line of Does to graduate. We are delighted that he and his brothers and sisters have done so well.
- She is first in the family to receive a law degree. She's an inspiration to us all.
- all her hard work
- all the sacrifices are worthwhile
- delighted by her achievement
- delighted to see this day
- fine example for his younger brothers
- first in our family to receive
- give her a good send-off
- has accepted a position with
- has not come easily
- has overcome several hardships
- has worked very hard
- have all done so well
- in the nature of a farewell
- inspiration to us all
- kept up the family tradition of
- last in a long line of
- started a new tradition of
- very proud of him
- very special day for us
- will be relocating
- will graduate with honors
Still can't find the right words for your announcement letter?
You will with our 500 letter-writing tutorials!
- Find the announcement letter that fits your needs and copy it directly into Microsoft Word or your favorite word processor.
- Or let our 500 letter-writing tutorials guide you step-by-step through the writing process, suggesting sample phrases and sentences for each writing step. In minutes, you can write an effective announcement letter.
- Print your announcement letter and send it!