This is your personal good news letter--a way of letting your close friends and family know what has happened and how you feel about it. It should be warm and friendly. It's a chance to share your happiness with the people who care the most.
1. In a personal way, explain the basic birth information: name, date of birth, time, weight, and length, as you feel appropriate. Then add any special information of interest regarding the event.
- We have great news! On July 12, at 6:05 a.m., we were blessed with a new baby girl who we are naming Tiffany. She was a little premature and weighed less than five pounds. She was in an incubator for two weeks, but we have her home now, and she is doing well. We are very happy!
- At six o'clock this morning, John Jr. made his entrance into this world, weighing eight pounds three ounces, and measuring 22 inches. I think we have our basketball player. He has grandma's red hair and grandpa's appetite.
- We have waited a long time to write this letter, but now we can tell you that we have been successful in adopting a beautiful six-month old girl from South Korea. Jane and I flew to Seoul a week ago after we learned that we could pick her up at the hospital. We hope you can visit us and meet our sweet little Anne.
- We are tickled to write that Jane gave birth to a beautiful baby boy we are naming Eric. He arrived Friday evening at 7:05 p.m., and weighed seven pounds, eight ounces, and measured nearly 23 inches. On the way to the hospital, John took a wrong turn and got caught in the basketball game traffic. You guessed it, Eric was delivered by a highway patrolman. John is still apologizing.
- The Doe family announces their latest addition to the dinner table crowd:<br />Name: Eric<br />Weight: 8 lbs., 4 oz.<br />Length: 22 inches<br />Arrival date: Friday, May 15
- are naming him
- are proud and happy to announce
- bouncing baby boy
- bundle of joy
- gave birth to a beautiful baby boy
- gave us a few anxious moments but
- happy to announce our latest addition
- have great news
- have wonderful news
- have her home now
- have been successful in adopting a
- have a brand new son
- have waited a while to write this
- is doing very well
- is six months old now
- joyfully announce the birth of
- joyfully announce the arrival of
- joyous arrival
- joyous event
- made his entrance into the world
- measuring 20 inches
- on June 10, at 5:45 a.m.
- was delivered by c-section
- was in an incubator for a week
- was a little premature
- weighed in at
- weighing 7 pounds, 7 ounces
- were able to pick her up on
- were blessed with a new baby
2. Express your personal feelings about the baby and its presence in your home.
- We're not getting the sleep we used to, but that is a minor thing compared to the joy of having Eric in our lives. We didn't realize how much we could love a baby.
- He is taking his place at the table, and the kids love him. Maybe that's because he's not eating their food...yet. The delivery went well, and Jane looks radiant.
- We were able to have a home delivery, so the children were able to see their little sister soon after she was born. This has had a wonderful, unifying effect on the family.
- We're naming her Anne, after her grandmother, who wanted so much to see her. We feel she would be very pleased. We thought of naming her Joy, because of the happiness she has brought us, but we finally settled on Grandma's name.
- This new development has completely changed the way we live. She has literally taken over our lives. We feel we are a real family now.
- a real fighter
- a real family now
- all very new and exciting
- are naming him
- bundle of joy
- didn't realize what joy a baby could bring
- dominates the household
- hard to describe the love we feel for
- has been a wonderful experience
- have let her take over our lives
- is the darling of the whole family
- is so beautiful
- joy into our hearts
- older children have fallen in love with
- running a little short on sleep
- so delicate and fragile-looking
- still hard to believe
- tiring but very satisfying
- was able to be with me
- were overjoyed when the adoption agency
- will send pictures soon
- will be a basketball player for sure
Still can't find the right words for your announcement letter?
You will with our 500 letter-writing tutorials!
- Find the announcement letter that fits your needs and copy it directly into Microsoft Word or your favorite word processor.
- Or let our 500 letter-writing tutorials guide you step-by-step through the writing process, suggesting sample phrases and sentences for each writing step. In minutes, you can write an effective announcement letter.
- Print your announcement letter and send it!