This is a straightforward announcement that is prompted by either a calendar holiday or by the company declaring a holiday for its employees.
1. Clearly explain the purpose and the dates of the holiday.
- All company offices will be closed for the New Year's holiday at 3:00 p.m. on Thursday, December 31, and will remain closed until Monday, January 4. Warmest holiday wishes to you all!
- The fourth of July is on Sunday this year, so we will take our day off on Monday, July 5. Have a great weekend!
- Congratulations! We exceeded our sales goals for this past year, so a celebration is in order! Each of you will receive a paid holiday on July 24. I understand that personnel are planning a picnic in the park for interested persons.
- July 24 will be the paid holiday that you earned with your superb sales promotion. Congratulations on a job well done!
- So families can be together at this special time, John Doe has decided that we will close at 3:00 p.m. on December 23, and that we will be closed all day on December 24. Merry Christmas!
- a bonus holiday on
- a paid holiday for all
- all company offices will be closed on
- all branches will close at
- because it is necessary for
- enjoy the long weekend
- for our retail division to work on
- in order to celebrate our
- in celebration of
- offices will reopen on
- this is a paid holiday for all
- to give you time with your loved ones during
- warmest holiday greetings
- wish you a happy holiday season
- have arranged a special
- will take our day off on
- will be the paid holiday promised as a
- will be a paid holiday for
- will be closing all our offices on
- have earned this time off
Still can't find the right words for your announcement letter?
You will with our 500 letter-writing tutorials!
- Find the announcement letter that fits your needs and copy it directly into Microsoft Word or your favorite word processor.
- Or let our 500 letter-writing tutorials guide you step-by-step through the writing process, suggesting sample phrases and sentences for each writing step. In minutes, you can write an effective announcement letter.
- Print your announcement letter and send it!