This letter is an opportunity to build good will between management and employees, and to lift employee morale. It expresses your interest in individuals and their lives, and your belief that employees are more than statistics that affect your profit margin.
1. Name the employee and identify the achievement or honor. Biographical details may be added, but they should be brief and relevant to the occasion.
- Robert Johnson has been chosen "Innovator of the Year" for his creative contributions to the software industry. Robert is a graduate of Doe Academy and has worked in the Research and Development Division of Doe International for five years.
- It is with great pleasure that I announce that Anne Doe, our personnel director, has been elected to the local school board. Anne has been active for several years in promoting educational opportunities for disadvantaged youth, and is recognized statewide for her contributions to higher education.
- We are happy to announce that our own John Doe is being honored by his Alma Mater as a distinguished alumnus. John graduated magna cum laude from Doe Academy in 1980, and has been involved in numerous volunteer refugee programs since then. Most recently he spent his vacation assisting the United Nations relief efforts in Africa. John is one in a million.
- Our congratulations to Michael Luthy on the occasion of his graduation from Doe Academy. Michael joined our company two years ago and has been attending evening classes to complete his B.A. degree.
- It gives me great pleasure to announce that Anne Doe has been chosen Kansas' "Mother of the Year." Anne, who is our personnel director, is also the mother of five children and a single parent since the death of her husband, John, five years ago. In addition, she is an accomplished violinist who has played with the State Symphony Orchestra.
- I am pleased to announce this year's "Excellence in Education" award winner: Ms. Jane Doe.
- am pleased to announce
- are happy to announce
- for her creative contributions to
- for his contributions to
- gives me great pleasure to announce
- has been involved in
- has been named
- has been chosen to receive
- has been chosen as our
- has been elected to
- have just learned that
- honorary recipient of
- is proud to announce that
- is honored to announce that
- is being honored by
- is an accomplished
- it is with great pleasure that
- let you know the good news that
- on the occasion of her
- our congratulations to
- prestigious award
- recently celebrated
- recognized throughout the state for
- very pleased to inform you
- was selected as
- will be the recipient of
2. Explain the reasons for the award or honor.
- The "Innovator of the Year" award is given each December to the engineer whose creativity in the past year has contributed most to the development of successful electronic components. Industry analysts consider John's work on the new chip the most promising development in years.
- She ran a vigorous campaign and won the confidence of voters by her sensible approach to solving current financial problems.
- The "Distinguished Alumnus" award is given at homecoming each year to a person who has given extended distinguished service to a profession or cause. John has given consistent service to refugee centers around the world, and most recently organized a flight of volunteer doctors to refugee centers in Africa to provide medical care for victims.
- We honor Michael for his achievement because we know how difficult it is to work full-time and still graduate with a 3.8 GPA.
- She was selected from a field of over 300 contestants who displayed their talents, education, and commitment to nurturing successful families.
- Jane's efforts have positively affected student-faculty relations, and have improved communication throughout the university.
- approach to solving
- based on a nomination from
- blue-ribbon selection committee
- consistently exceeded production goals
- contributions to the community
- criteria for selection included
- efforts have positively affected
- exceeded sales goals by
- extended distinguished service to
- has contributed most to
- has earned the company
- has shown the real meaning of
- highest award given by the
- improved communication throughout
- is awarded each year to
- most promising development
- on the recommendations of
- positively affected
- projects have included
- tireless work with
- was selected from a field of
- won the confidence of
3. If applicable, provide information about presentation ceremonies or other related events.
- Robert will be honored with a plaque and a cash award at the company Christmas party.
- Anne will assume her duties effective January 1.
- John will receive his award at the Alumni Dinner, Friday afternoon, before the homecoming game.
- Michael will receive his degree in the commencement exercises held Friday evening at 7:00 p.m. in the College auditorium.
- Last year's winner, Beth Luthy, crowned the new "Mother of the Year" in a ceremony carried by local television stations last evening.
- Jane will receive a letter of commendation and a $500 award to be used on her research.
- a presentation dinner
- a dinner to be held at
- announce the award to the press
- annual convention of
- at the commencement exercises
- award ceremony is
- awards will be presented at
- by invitation only
- ceremony carried by
- having a reception for
- in a ceremony at
- local television stations
- national television
- photographs and a press release
- presentation ceremony will be
- recognition banquet
- the annual banquet of
- the festival ball
- will be honored at
- will receive her
- will be formally honored at
- will assume his duties
4. Extend congratulations and encourage others to achieve in the same way.
- We express our warm congratulations to Robert on this fine achievement, and encourage everyone to let their best ideas be heard. We look forward to giving this award to someone in our company again next year.
- Our congratulations to Anne! We encourage all employees to make their voices heard in the political process.
- We express our sincere congratulations to John on this much deserved honor. His example should motivate us all to be more involved in a good cause.
- Our best wishes to Michael on his graduation! This event should give encouragement to many others in the same situation.
- Congratulations! You are an inspiration to us all!
- Congratulations, John, on your outstanding performance! I am sure your colleagues will want to thank you as well.
- Join me in congratulating John on his fine performance and outstanding sales record.
- an inspiration to us all
- be involved in good causes
- be sure to congratulate
- best wishes to
- colleagues will personally
- encourage all employees to
- extend our warmest congratulations to
- give encouragement to many others
- has set an excellent example for us all
- join me in congratulating
- keep this award in our company
- make your voices heard
- mark this significant achievement
- motivate us all to be
- others in the same situation
- our congratulations to
- outstanding performance
- sincere congratulations to
- symbolizes our recognition of
- take the time to congratulate
- this fine achievement
Still can't find the right words for your announcement letter?
You will with our 500 letter-writing tutorials!
- Find the announcement letter that fits your needs and copy it directly into Microsoft Word or your favorite word processor.
- Or let our 500 letter-writing tutorials guide you step-by-step through the writing process, suggesting sample phrases and sentences for each writing step. In minutes, you can write an effective announcement letter.
- Print your announcement letter and send it!