This collection letter is different from most collection letters because the most serious threat you can make is to discontinue your service. Rather than focusing only on a request for payment, you must make the cancellation of the policy sound undesirable. In that sense the letter takes on a persuasive tone.
1. Remind the customer that the premium payment is past due.
- Last month when we spoke about your automobile insurance payment, you indicated that you would send a check immediately. The grace period has ended, and we still have not received your check.
- You may have forgotten that your policy was due for renewal two weeks ago.
- We remind you that you need to pay your second quarter's premium.
- Were you as busy last month as I was? If you were, you probably forgot that your payment for next quarter's insurance coverage was due two weeks ago.
- We have received a request from our home office in Springfield to contact you regarding your unpaid premium for $39.87.
- Perhaps your outstanding balance of $23.85 has slipped your mind because of this busy season.
- You are a valued customer, so we want you to understand the seriousness of letting an insurance policy lapse.
- allowing your policy to expire
- are still waiting for your payment
- are still waiting for your check
- concerning your unpaid insurance premium of
- did not receive your premium for
- did not receive last month's premium
- due date has passed
- expect premium payments by
- expected your payment by
- grace period is past
- grace period has expired
- had indicated that you would send a check immediately
- have yet to receive your insurance premium
- have received a request from our home office
- have not paid your premium
- just a note to remind you that
- may have forgotten that
- no penalty if sent within the grace period
- our records indicate
- outstanding balance is
- premium payment is past due
- regarding your unpaid premium of
- regarding your delinquent account
- still within the grace period
- still have not received your check
- this letter is to remind you
- want you to be aware of
- want to let you know
- want to remind you
2. Restate the benefits of holding your company's insurance coverage.
- To remind you of the benefits of your home insurance policy, we have enclosed some informative literature.
- We continue to offer a low premium with only a $200.00 deductible. Such low cost with such broad coverage is a remarkable bargain in today's insurance market.
- Before losing your coverage, please consider that the maternity benefit covers complications both during pregnancy and for three months after delivery.
- Your payment of $63.87 will keep your policy in force. We encourage you to renew the policy soon so you are not left unprotected.
- Unlike other policies, your policy covers not only accidents, but flooding and other natural disasters.
- any other insurance company
- before letting your coverage expire
- before losing your coverage
- before you let your coverage be canceled
- can offer more discounts
- cannot get a lower quotation
- cost of our coverage is highly competitive
- continue to offer a low premium
- coverage for uninsured motorists
- encourage you to renew
- excellent track record
- for this low rate
- have enclosed some informative literature
- in today's insurance market
- have lowest premiums
- lowest deductibles in the industry
- most comprehensive coverage in the industry
- no other company offers
- offer the most comprehensive coverage
- payment will keep your policy in force
- the only company that offers
3. State when the coverage will end if payment is not received.
- If we do not receive payment by May 5, we must cancel your automobile policy. The grace period has expired.
- We do not want to lose a valued client, but we cannot continue to offer you coverage if you do not send your payment before June 15.
- Unless we receive payment by July 31, your coverage will end at midnight on that date.
- Act now to avoid losing fire protection on your home. Your current policy will expire on August 31, if no payments are made.
- a lapse in coverage will occur if
- act now to avoid
- can only help you keep your current policy
- can not continue to provide coverage if
- can not continue to cover you if
- can't find such premiums anywhere
- coverage will expire on
- coverage will end at midnight
- coverage will be terminated on
- coverage will be canceled if
- current policy will expire on
- if we do not receive payment by
- if you do not send your payment by
- if payment is not received
- if you do not act immediately
- low premiums will be lost
- must cancel you automobile policy
- to avoid losing fire protection on your home
- will be unprotected
- will have to discontinue insurance policy if
- will otherwise be unprotected against
4. Instruct the customer to send immediate payment.
- Please mail your payment in the envelope provided.
- Place your check in the mail today to avoid cancellation of your policy.
- For continued peace of mind, we urge you to keep your policy current. We have enclosed an envelope for your convenience.
- Keeping your policy current is the best way to assure your family's financial future.
- If you can't send payment today, let us at least talk about your situation. We may be able to offer an alternative solution.
- at your earliest convenience
- best way to assure their financial future
- continue protecting your investment
- could be damaging
- coverage will extend until
- don't allow a lapse in coverage
- drop it in the mail
- easier to renew your policy than
- encourage you to renew your policy
- for your own safety
- for continued coverage
- for continued peace of mind
- for continued protection
- have enclosed an envelope
- if you can't send payment today
- if you desire more comprehensive coverage
- if you need more information
- if you desire less expensive coverage
- if you have already sent this payment
- if we can be of further assistance
- if you send the payment today
- if you have any questions
- to avoid cancellation
- How to Write a Collection Letter
- How to Write the Appeal Collection Letter
- How to Write the Inquiry Collection Letter
- How to Write the Reminder Collection Letter
- How to Write the Ultimatum Collection Letter