Get straight to the point and ask for payment. The message should be brief, yet courteous.
1. Inform the member that the time has come for him or her to remit payment. Mention the specific amount due.
- Enclosed is a copy of the receipt for the equipment that each club member agreed to help buy. The equipment cost is $345.90, so your share is $15.83.
- Due to higher costs, club fees are up again. This year we have raised the membership fee an extra $5.00, so your payment is now $25.00.
- Your pledge for $150.00 has not reached my desk yet. We hope to finish our pledge drive this month, so we will appreciate receiving your payment as soon as possible.
- We remind you that membership renewals are due the first of the year. This year we all agreed to donate an extra $10.00 to charity. Please include that donation with your membership fee.
- The treasurer wants to remind each member that the annual ball will be held in November. This event requires a $40.00 per couple fee not covered by annual membership fees.
- agreed to pay 20 percent of
- are responsible for the cost of
- are still waiting for
- as soon as possible
- because of higher rental costs
- charter club members must pay a fee
- club membership is a privilege
- could it be somewhere en route
- due the first of the year
- due to higher costs
- each club member agreed to pay
- enclosed is a copy of the receipt
- expect to see your payment
- expect your club dues
- fees are due again
- had the impression
- has not reached my desk yet
- have yet to receive
- have not received
- hope to finish our pledge period this month
- hope all money is in by
- hope to collect all pledges by
- in order for things to run smoothly
- in order to continue our programs
- it's that time of year again
- just a note to remind you
- not covered by annual membership fees
- please pay your club dues in the amount of
- please include the donation with your membership fee
- remind you that membership renewals
- sponsorship is appreciated
- the amount comes to
- the membership fee has been raised this year
- this event requires
- this year we have raised the membership fee
- time to remit payment
- to donate an extra
- treasurer wants to remind all those who
- your payment would be welcome
2. Tell the member how to make payment.
- We look forward to renewing your membership. Just send your check to your area treasurer.
- We hope to receive your check by the end of the month so you will not miss our opening event.
- Your $300.00 pledge means warm meals for many people in need. We look forward to your welcome contribution.
- You can bring the money to our next meeting or send it to John Doe, our treasurer.
- If you have not already paid your membership fees, please mail the money to John Doe at the address below.
- We have enclosed a prepaid, self-addressed envelope for your convenience.
- always grateful for your pledge
- appreciate your contribution in the amount of
- at the next meeting
- at next week's meeting
- because it's such a wonderful cause
- by the end of the month
- can bring the money to
- can either give the money directly to the treasurer or
- can also use your credit card
- follow the instructions included in this letter
- follow the instructions accompanying this notice
- for your convenience
- have enclosed a prepaid, self-addressed envelope
- have enclosed a payment slip
- hope to receive your check
- hope you will join us again soon
- if you have not yet paid your membership fees
- if you have not already paid your membership fees
- if you are waiting for the right time
- in order to make payment
- please mail your membership fees to
- please mail the money to
- thank you for helping the children
- thanks so much for participating
- the treasurer will be coming by on
- the beneficiaries will remember your kindness and generosity
- your contribution will mean
- How to Write a Collection Letter
- How to Write the Appeal Collection Letter
- How to Write the Inquiry Collection Letter
- How to Write the Reminder Collection Letter
- How to Write the Ultimatum Collection Letter
Still can't find the right words for your collection letter?
You will with our 500 letter-writing tutorials!
- Find the collection letter that fits your needs and copy it directly into Microsoft Word or your favorite word processor.
- Or let our 500 letter-writing tutorials guide you step-by-step through the writing process, suggesting sample phrases and sentences for each writing step. In minutes, you can write an effective collection letter.
- Print your collection letter and send it!