This is a brief, informative letter, which also offers you an opportunity to thank your customer for his or her business.
1. Thank the customer for his or her check or correspondence.
- Thank you for your kind letter regarding our services.
- We appreciate the check (#142) you sent to us dated March 3.
- Your check (#418) reached our offices yesterday.
- Thank you for your consideration in attempting to send your payment at an early date.
- I received your letter regarding the payment you thought was enclosed in the same envelope.
- Thank you for the kind words about your satisfaction with our products and services.
- We received your check (#283) for $45.00 on April 7. Thank you for your promptness.
- about your satisfaction with
- always grateful for your comments
- always rewarding when
- always gratifying to read your comments
- appreciated the check (#222)
- do the best we can
- expressing your trust
- for the payment envelope
- for attempting to update your account
- for the check dated March 15
- for responding so quickly
- for attempting to pay off the balance
- for taking the time out of your busy schedule
- have confidence in you as well
- in advance of the scheduled payment date
- in attempting to send
- in intending to send
- in wanting us to receive payment
- just want to thank you for
- prior to the scheduled payment date
- reached our offices three days ago
- received your letter stating
- regarding the payment you sent
- shows you have confidence in us
- thank you for your kind words
- thank you for taking the time
- thank you for your comments
- thank you for your consideration
- thank you for your prompt payment
- thank you for your promptness
- thank you for your prompt reply
- thank you for your correspondence
- thank you for your kind letter
2. Inform the customer of the problem.
- Unfortunately, the check that you referred to was not in the envelope.
- Naturally, we were surprised to find that there was no check in the envelope.
- Unfortunately, you did not sign the check.
- However, I regret that you didn't sign the check.
- I am sure that you did not realize that you failed to sign the check.
- We are sure that you meant to send your payment with your letter, but it was not enclosed.
- I am sure you will be as surprised as I was that your check did not accompany your letter.
- am sorry to trouble you
- are sure you meant to send your payment
- can be resolved quickly
- did not sign the check
- easy to overlook
- failed to sign the check
- forgot to include your check
- found no check in the envelope
- had the correct amount
- have returned your check for your signature
- hope you didn't misplace it
- just a simple mistake
- know you were eager to get it paid off
- left the check unsigned
- never deposited your check
- possibly put it in another envelope
- problem with your payment
- received only the payment
- regret to inform you
- simply failed to put it in the envelope
- problem with your last payment
- sure we can work this out
- sure it is just an oversight
- sure you did not realize
- to find there was no check
- was not in the envelope
- would have paid off the balance
- would have balanced your account
- your check did not accompany your letter
3. Ask the customer to correct the error.
- I am returning your check with this letter. Will you please sign it and return it as soon as possible.
- I trust you won't mind returning your signed check as soon as possible.
- I will put this transaction on hold while I wait for your payment.
- We would appreciate receiving your check for $700.00 at your earliest convenience.
- I am returning the check for your signature.
- We will appreciate your immediate attention to correct this oversight.
- I shall look forward to receiving your check next week.
- add to next month's statement
- am returning your check
- appreciate your business
- appreciate your promptness
- as the payment was due last week
- as soon as possible
- at your earliest possible convenience
- at your earliest convenience
- can wait until next month
- combine it with next month's payment
- need payment by
- follow the same procedures
- hold on to your check
- hope you don't mind
- if you could please
- look forward to receiving
- make out a new check
- please correct this error
- please remit payment of
- please sign your check
- return your check, signed
- sign it and return it quickly
- the next scheduled payment
- to prevent further delay
- to assure prompt processing of
- will put this transaction on hold
- will appreciate your immediate attention
- How to Write a Collection Letter
- How to Write the Appeal Collection Letter
- How to Write the Inquiry Collection Letter
- How to Write the Reminder Collection Letter
- How to Write the Ultimatum Collection Letter
Still can't find the right words for your collection letter?
You will with our 500 letter-writing tutorials!
- Find the collection letter that fits your needs and copy it directly into Microsoft Word or your favorite word processor.
- Or let our 500 letter-writing tutorials guide you step-by-step through the writing process, suggesting sample phrases and sentences for each writing step. In minutes, you can write an effective collection letter.
- Print your collection letter and send it!