You will probably send this letter directly to the employee's superior with a copy for the employee. Be specific about what the employee did that you appreciated.
1. State why you are complimenting the employee.
- I am writing to express my appreciation for the help John Doe gave us in our consolidation efforts.
- We have thoroughly enjoyed our relationship with your company, especially because your customer service representative, John Doe, has been so helpful.
- Your representative, Jane Doe, is to be commended for her outstanding work on your last project.
- We want you to know how impressed we were with the way Jane Doe handled the delinquent accounts.
- During a recent internal audit, John Doe found a rather large discrepancy in our financial records. Had he not found that error, our corporation could have faced heavy legal fees.
- I want to tell you how pleased I am with the landscaping plan your new intern prepared for me.
- a very helpful attitude
- among the finest I've seen
- by your co-workers
- commendations and congratulations
- convey my appreciation to
- exceptional work done by
- express my appreciation for
- has been extremely helpful
- have thoroughly enjoyed
- have been deeply impressed
- have come to admire
- how pleased we have been
- how impressed we were
- how highly we think of his efforts
- how much we appreciate
- how pleased I am
- is to be commended for
- please accept
- received exceptional service
- want to let you know
- with the services of
2. Acknowledge the employee's qualities that made the contribution worthwhile.
- His attention to detail helped our work move smoothly, without a single legal snag.
- His broad knowledge of the machinery has helped our trouble shooters keep the assembly line moving during the periods of heaviest demand.
- Her public relations skills helped us collect on most of the accounts that others had given up on. We hope she will be available for future cooperation.
- We commend his attention to detail. He is the most thorough accountant we have had work on our books.
- She has a good sense for balance, with the right mix of colors and textures.
- a pleasure to work with
- an excellent sense of
- attention to detail
- broad knowledge of
- consistently gone out of her way to
- courteous, well-trained staff
- dependable and thoughtful
- diligence and skill
- efficiently and with good humor
- going the extra mile
- has helped us to
- intelligent and cooperative
- made sure everything ran smoothly
- never-failing professionalism
- one of your company's greatest assets
- particularly astute in
- professional and courteous
- public relations skills
- stays calm under pressure
- the time and thought he put into
- took care of all the details
- took the trouble to
- went out of his way to
- willingness to help
3. Express appreciation and wishes for continued success.
- Thanks again for assigning him to work with us. Best wishes for the future.
- We send our warm regards and wish you continued success.
- We wish you similar successes with your other clients.
- Please convey our appreciation to Jane for a job well done. We hope we can work together again.
- May your future endeavors be as successful as this one has been.
- You are fortunate to have Jane as an employee. Best wishes to her and the rest of you at Doe Corporation.
- are looking forward to
- best wishes for
- congratulations on your
- continue your tradition of
- convey my compliments to
- how much we appreciate
- keep up the good work
- one of your greatest assets
- our sincere thanks and appreciation
- our warmest regards
- please let everyone involved know
- please pass my appreciation on to
- please thank him for us
- thank you for
- thanks to the efficiency of
- want you to know
- will assure the continued success of
- wish you continued success
- working together again
- would like to thank her for