This letter compliments an employee's family members for their part in the employee's success. It is an excellent way to develop good rapport with those whose support is very important. Mention the employee by name and keep the tone of the letter friendly and informal.
1. Mention the employee by name and discuss how much you value him or her.
- Jane has been a wonderful employee these past five years and has contributed a great deal to our firm, especially in product research. We have greatly benefited from her insights. Not only is she bright, but she works long, productive hours and often gets so involved in her work that she doesn't notice that five o'clock has passed.
- Your son John has been a tremendous asset to our company since his first week on the job. He knows how to work well with others and always has excellent suggestions to offer.
- As you already know, John is a model employee. I am sure he must succeed not only at work, but in many other areas of life as well.
- It seems that Jane comes up with fresh, exciting ideas every day. She arrives at the office each morning full of energy and enthusiasm. We are fortunate to have her work with us.
- John is one of the most effective managers we have had at Doe Associates. He has a warm, personable style that motivates workers to do their best.
- When John applied for work at Doe Corporation last year, we had no idea he would change the very structure of our organization. We greatly value his contributions.
- a model employee
- a remarkable talent for
- am confident that
- an exceptional young
- an excellent work ethic
- are glad to have
- can certainly be proud of
- feel fortunate to have
- has succeeded in
- has contributed so much
- has been a wonderful
- has become a great asset
- have benefited a great deal from
- have come to value
- how much we enjoy
- is highly valued
- one of our most
- will succeed in whatever
- works diligently and well
2. Thank the family member(s) for his or her contribution to the employee's performance.
- In some of our personal conversations, Jane has told me how she has appreciated the support of her family in her career. We too are grateful.
- His ability to empathize with others' concerns reflects well on the kind of environment in which he was reared. Thank you for your part in his success.
- We thought you would like to know what a remarkable job he is doing. Thank you for your support.
- We know that balancing the demands of family and career is never easy, but it appears that her family is a great support. Thank you for helping her be so productive.
- Thank you for helping him give his best.
- We know that no one can accomplish what he has without solid support from his family. We thank you.
- a bright future
- an exceptional family
- an outstanding future
- appreciates the support
- are aware of the occasions when
- are grateful to you
- are the beneficiaries of
- being there for
- giving us the opportunity
- have brought up such a fine
- how proud you must be
- how much we appreciate
- is a reflection
- look forward to
- makes a significant difference
- reflects the values of
- solid support from
- the support you give
- the way you help