Banks usually require that any telephone request involving the transfer of funds be backed up by a written confirmation. In this letter, you are responding to such a request. These letters can be very brief. Always include the relevant account numbers.
1. Restate the request you made over the phone.
- Yesterday on the phone I requested that you transfer $200 from my savings account (#54321) to my checking account (#12345). This letter is the written confirmation that you requested.
- As we discussed yesterday, my Doe credit card (#5555) was stolen on June 11. This letter confirms my request to cancel my lost card immediately. Also, please issue me a new card as soon as possible.
- This letter confirms my telephone request to stop payment on check #123 from my checking account #12345. I have reason to believe this check was stolen.
- This letter is to confirm my request to transfer $10,000 from my and my husband's joint savings account (#1234) into our money market account.
- This letter is to confirm my telephone request that a money order of $3,000 be sent to the address above. Please take the funds for this money order from my checking account (#12345). I understand that there will be a $2 fee for this transaction.
- I wish to confirm my telephone request to transfer $1,000 from my savings account (#1234) at your Springfield First National Bank branch to Jane Doe's account (#4321) at the Springfield Second National Bank. I understand that since you are not affiliated with Jane's bank, I will be charged a $5 transaction fee.
- This letter is to confirm my telephone request to close our account (#12345) and have all of our funds sent to us in the form of a cashier's check to the address below.
- as we discussed yesterday
- as soon as possible
- asked me to confirm that
- called to report that
- called you yesterday at
- in the form of a
- need to make sure that
- needed confirmation of
- please send me a new statement
- please take the funds from
- post any charges to
- reflecting these changes
- showing this transaction
- this letter is to confirm
- to inform you that
- to request that you
- to confirm my telephone request
- transfer of funds
- will charge a transaction fee
- written confirmation of that request
- yesterday on the phone
2. Give any other pertinent instructions.
- Please make this transaction only if the interest rate is still above 8% at the time of the transaction.
- I understand that I will not be responsible for any charges that appear on my card after 3:00 p.m. yesterday, May 15, when I called to report it missing.
- Please send us a letter of confirmation stating that you have received this request.
- Please send a letter confirming receipt of this request.
- This transaction must be completed before 5:00 p.m. on Friday, March 22.
- Please send us our money order as soon as possible. On March 22 our address will change.
- Since I won't receive another statement until next quarter, please inform me immediately when this transaction is complete.
- For your information in processing this request, my address and social security number appear below.
- You may fax, phone, or e-mail me using the numbers listed below.
- For my records, please send me written confirmation that this request has been processed.
- as soon as possible
- as soon as this request has been processed
- at the time of the transaction
- before the deadline of
- can reach me at
- for your information
- for my records
- if you have any questions
- in accordance with the rules governing
- must be completed before
- my address and social security number
- please inform me immediately
- please note the following
- please send us confirmation
- reflecting these changes
- send a new statement
- trust that this is sufficient
- will not be responsible for
- written confirmation that
3. Close with a positive expression, if you desire.
- It is always a pleasure doing business with your bank.
- I will appreciate your quick response.
- Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.
- Thank you again for your assistance.
- Our banking experiences with Springfield Federal have always been positive. If there were a branch in Centerville, we would open an account there.
- appreciate the convenience of
- appreciate your prompt reply
- can contact me at
- doing business with you
- enjoy doing business
- for approving my request
- for your prompt attention to
- for your assistance
- have always enjoyed
- in case you need to
- is always a pleasure to
- look forward to
- our banking experiences with
- please let me know if
- really appreciate the way
- servicing our accounts
- thank you again for
- thanks for letting me know about
- would be happy to
- your quick response
- your prompt attention to
Still can't find the right words for your confirmation letter?
You will with our 500 letter-writing tutorials!
- Find the confirmation letter that fits your needs and copy it directly into Microsoft Word or your favorite word processor.
- Or let our 500 letter-writing tutorials guide you step-by-step through the writing process, suggesting sample phrases and sentences for each writing step. In minutes, you can write an effective confirmation letter.
- Print your confirmation letter and send it!