The purpose of this letter is to confirm that you have sent an item or items to your reader. Your letter should be brief and businesslike.
1. State specifically what you mailed and when. Refer to previous contact with your reader, if necessary.
- My records show that on July 9, I sent a packet of graduate program applications to the Doe American Studies Department at Doe University.
- Last Wednesday, July 6, I sent a small package to Doe Enterprises at 1600 Main Street, Springfield, Kansas 12345, per the instructions on your e-mail message. The package should have arrived with the express morning delivery on Thursday, July 7.
- As you requested during our phone conversation last week, I sent you forms A and D to complete my application for the sales position that you advertised. On the envelope I wrote "ATTN. Jane Doe." The envelope was included in Friday's mail.
- I mailed the package you requested last Friday. Because of the sensitive nature of the material, I wanted to assure you that I had shipped it.
- I trust you received the promotional kit we sent you. To be sure that everything was included in your kit, let me review the items that should have been included:<br /> - five golden rings<br /> - four calling birds<br /> - three French hens<br /> - two turtle doves<br /> - a partridge in a pear tree
- This letter is the confirmation you requested that unit #123 was sent to you on July 9.
- as you requested
- as per your instructions
- as we discussed
- because of the nature of the
- contained the following
- during our phone conversation
- included the following items
- records show that
- sent a packet of
- sent you the
- should have been included
- should arrive by
- the confirmation you requested
- trust that you received
- want to confirm
- want to be sure that
- want to make sure that
- was sent to you on
- were included in
- were mailed on
- wish to confirm that
2. Suggest what your reader should do if he or she has not received the item(s), or if there is a problem with the item(s) received.
- If you have not received your box, please call us at 555-5555.
- Please confirm whether you received this package.
- Please let us know if your package is incomplete or damaged in any way, and we will send you replacement items immediately.
- If you have not received the package by the time you get this message, please call me immediately at 555-5555.
- John will bring your package with him when he flies in from Springfield.
- If you did not get the packet we sent, or you would like extra copies of any of the documents inside, please call me at 555-5555 or e-mail me at Doej@Doe.inc.
- Please let me know if you do not have the item in your possession now. If you have not received it, we will trace it immediately.
- am concerned that
- by the time you receive this
- do not have the item
- do not hesitate to call me at
- e-mail me at
- expected to hear from
- if you would like extra copies
- if it is incomplete or damaged
- if you have not received it by
- if you did not get the packet we sent
- it should have arrived by
- let us know whether
- please let me know if
- please call us at
- should arrive soon
- whether you received
- will respond promptly
- will send a replacement
- will put a tracer on it
3. State what, if anything, you plan to do next.
- Unless I hear otherwise, I will call you sometime around July 18 to arrange a meeting.
- We will wait to hear whether you have received it before we send another.
- We plan to ship one item per week until the first week in June, at which time we will review the arrangement and see whether that number can be increased.
- If I do not hear from you by April 4, I will call to see if there is anything we need to do.
- I will wait for your response before taking further action.
- arrange a replacement or refund
- as we agreed
- at which time
- before we send another
- cover the cost of
- if there is anything
- if I do not hear from you by
- send a replacement
- to follow up on
- to arrange a meeting
- unless I hear otherwise
- unless you call me earlier
- will assume that
- will call you in a week
- will call to see if
- will not take action I hear from
- will wait for your response
- will send a duplicate
- will meet with
- will be necessary to
- will look into your situation
- will investigate the situation
- will wait until
- will review the arrangement
4. End with a pleasant expression.
- As always, it is a pleasure doing business with you.
- Thank you again for your order. We are looking forward to doing business with you again in the near future.
- I am pleased that you will finally get your package.
- It is rewarding to see this project completed.
- It has been a pleasure working with you.
- If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to call.
- a pleasure to work with
- always appreciate your
- are looking forward to
- doing business with you
- don't hesitate to call
- eager to see this resolved
- enjoy working with
- for your order
- if you have any questions
- in the near future
- is always a pleasure to
- is rewarding to
- it has been a pleasure to
- pleased that you thought of us
- thank you for
- to your complete satisfaction
- unless we hear otherwise
- want to be sure that
- will finally get your
Still can't find the right words for your confirmation letter?
You will with our 500 letter-writing tutorials!
- Find the confirmation letter that fits your needs and copy it directly into Microsoft Word or your favorite word processor.
- Or let our 500 letter-writing tutorials guide you step-by-step through the writing process, suggesting sample phrases and sentences for each writing step. In minutes, you can write an effective confirmation letter.
- Print your confirmation letter and send it!