Don't be excessively effusive in your praise, since this kind of language usually seems phony, nor should you overstep the bounds of decorum by using more familiar language than your relationship warrants.
1. Start with a direct statement of congratulations on the anniversary.
- Doe Corporation congratulates you on your fifth anniversary of service and expresses appreciation for your contributions to our world-wide marketing effort.
- Congratulations! This week marks your tenth year with Doe, and we want you to know how much we appreciate you.
- I want to congratulate you on the completion of your twentieth year with Doe Corporation.
- Congratulations on the twenty-fifth anniversary of your employment with Doe Corporation.
- This week we celebrate your fifteenth year with the company, and we want to congratulate you on reaching this milestone.
- anniversary number
- celebrate your loyalty to
- Congratulations! Today marks your
- extend my best wishes to you
- is a proud day for
- many years of
- marks your anniversary
- occasion of great significance
- offer our congratulations on
- on this anniversary of your
- on this anniversary
- on behalf of the company
- on your anniversary
- on the completion of
- on reaching this milestone
- over the years
- please accept my sincere congratulations
- the anniversary of
- this week marks your
- time has flown by
- want to congratulate you
- want you to know
- want to congratulate you on
- with the company
- your anniversary with
2. Acknowledge such things as the employee's effort, dedication, energy, sacrifice, and skill, citing specific details, cases, or examples.
- We appreciate your many years of dedicated service with the company, and we recognize your contribution to the development of the accounting division.
- I hope you know how much we appreciate your work and good influence in the office. Your co-workers frequently mention your wisdom and sound judgment.
- I think the company has been successful largely because we value our long-term employees, and we listen to your comments and suggestions.
- Your quick and decisive action during last year's labor dispute saved the company thousands of dollars.
- Your work over the past twenty years in the company's Chicago, New York, and Dallas offices is legendary.
- Your skill and workmanship have significantly contributed to the company's reputation as a leader in the industry. For this, we are grateful to you.
- a job well done
- a highly valued employee
- always appreciate your
- are grateful to you for
- been an asset to us over the years
- certainly appreciate your
- deserve recognition for
- express our appreciation for
- have contributed significantly to
- hope you are aware of
- how much we appreciate your
- invaluable asset to
- is always a pleasure to
- like to take the opportunity to
- recognize your contribution to
- record to be proud of
- should certainly be proud of
- thank you for
- the service you have given
- value your contribution to
- your many years of dedicated service
- your work over the past
- your attitude towards
- your dedication to
- your wisdom and sound judgment
- your outstanding loyalty to
- your many contributions to
- your hard work
- your tireless efforts
- your many accomplishments
3. Mention the gift, if you are giving one.
- As a small token of our appreciation, we will be presenting you with a gift at the company banquet next week. We hope you and your wife can join us at 7:00 p.m.
- To express our appreciation, we would like to present you with a gift.
- The enclosed gift certificate is our way of saying "thank you" for the service you perform for the company.
- We hope you will enjoy the department's gift.
- I have sent a little something to help you celebrate the occasion.
- a simple gift to thank you for
- a service award
- as a token of our appreciation
- enclosed gift certificate
- for the service you perform
- from the whole department
- have sent you a little something
- heartfelt gift to a valued employee
- hope you can join us
- hope you enjoy the
- just a small gift to
- on behalf of the company
- our way of saying thank you
- please accept this gift
- small token of our appreciation
- the small size of the enclosed gift
- the high regard we have for you
- the high esteem we have for you
- to help celebrate the occasion
- to honor your achievement
- to express our appreciation
- to help us express our appreciation
- will be presented with
- will be presenting you with
4. Express anticipation for future successes.
- I look forward to many more years of close association with you.
- I hope you will be with us for years to come.
- I hope you know that my door is always open to you, and I will do whatever I can to keep you happy and excited about working at Doe Corporation.
- Best wishes in your future endeavors in the company. You have our full and complete confidence.
- We have come to depend on you to lead our marketing efforts. You will be sorely missed when you retire next year.
- an important part of the company
- anticipate a great future
- best wishes for
- close association with you
- depend on you for
- do whatever we can to
- for many more years
- for your years of dedicated service
- enjoy working with you
- here's to many more years
- hope you will be with us
- in the years to come
- look forward to
- many more rewarding years with us
- thank you for
- through the years to come
- to working with you for many more years
- to a long association in the future
- to your future successes
- to your future accomplishments
- want you to know
- with a great deal of satisfaction
Still can't find the right words for your congratulation letter?
You will with our 500 letter-writing tutorials!
- Find the congratulation letter that fits your needs and copy it directly into Microsoft Word or your favorite word processor.
- Or let our 500 letter-writing tutorials guide you step-by-step through the writing process, suggesting sample phrases and sentences for each writing step. In minutes, you can write an effective congratulation letter.
- Print your congratulation letter and send it!